Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Conan Exiles

Looking for players

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

ManyMcNuggets
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Main Platform: XboxOne

Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:45 pm

Hello everyone,

It's been a while since I posted on the Gunslinger forums.. the new set-up looks great.

A few weeks ago I picked up a copy of Conan Exiles, and now I'm hooked. Its as if they took almost everything I enjoyed from ARK, got rid of the stuff I didn't, and mixed in a bit of grim old-school fantasy.

Are there any other gunslingers out there that enjoy the game and feel like playing? I'm currently on a (as far as I can tell) nice private server with reasonable modifiers, if anyone feels like joining forces.

All the best,

McNuggets

Bohicasnafu47
Level 2
Level 2
Main Platform: PS4

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:52 pm

I've been interested in it but haven't really checked it out. Would love to know more about it.
ManyMcNuggets
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Main Platform: XboxOne

Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:17 am

It all depends on what you want to know, but I'm sure I can answer the basics.

The server I've been playing in isn't very active at the moment: they started out with a pretty complex plan that was supposed to mix PVP and RP politics, but it never really took off. Most players didn't understand what they were supposed to be doing, and everyone kind of stopped playing... but they are working on a simplified version so who knows.

As far as the game goes it is a survival game like so many others. You start naked and build up from there. The unique feature is that you cab "enthrall" NPCs, and they come in different classes and levels. The higher level ones can make unique or higher quality items, where as a playet can only make the base version. They also work more efficient which saves a lot of grinding. So a sword smithed by a Tier 4 Blacksmith is better than one made by a max level player, and a tier 4 woodworker only needs 6-7 wood to make an item as opposed to a player needing 10.

The combat is (I've been told) a bit like that of darksouls; you need to block and dodge quite a bit to stay alive, and fighting a bunch of low level NPCs at once can be the end of a high level player. There are several dungeons that drop loot and recipes for better gear, and high level bosses often drop a key to a chest containing a random legendary item.

The combat is a nice mix of gear and skill based requirements IMHO; if you know what you are doing you can kill a crocodile whilst wearing rags and using a basic club/spear, but that same crocodile can kill a better equiped player that is trying to take it head on. But you still need gear to deal with high level stuff, and this makes you feel more powerfull as you get more equipment.

If you have any specific questions I'd be happy to answer them. Although I've been playing a lot of Ark and Stellaris recently, so I haven't tried the last few dungeons.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic