Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

12 Years of the Gunslingers - The Dirty Dozen

Celebrating twelve years of the Gunslingers clan. Raffles inside.

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

What Year Did You First Join Gunslingers?

5%
5%
No votes
10%
10%
10%
5%
5%
5%
5%
10%
No votes
30%

Total votes: 20
McMurphy
Founder
Founder
Rank 13
Rank 13
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674
SMM2 ID: LPB-TX4-TYG
United States of America

Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:04 pm

SO, why does this post start with an image grab of the 1967 classic, The Dirty Dozen? Because June 2019 marks the TWELVE year anniversary of the Gunslingers clan!

For those of you bad with on-your-feet math like me, that means we have been gaming together ever since 2007. We started as a Playstation 2 in-game clan, and our internet boot print consisted of a sub section on a now defunct gaming site and a Myspace profile I set up. Myspace. Wow. If that doesn't date our formation, nothing will. We have some super cool raffles going on this month, so be sure to check out the rest of this topic to find out how to enter them before clicking away.

If you are relatively new to the GS* fold, building the Gunslingers has been a long, strange trip from humble beginnings. Here are some early images/links:
Spoiler
Show
Our very first recruiting banner:

Our very first clan video ever (published on October 18th, 2007):

Here is something never shared before - The clan trying to figure out the future of Gunslingers in the wake of the Jak X PS2 servers being terminated:
https://web.archive.org/web/20091120065 ... ation.html

Highlight from above thread:
Off Topic
Re: Jak X Online Server Termination [5-13-2008]
I agree with both of you: these are sour times, indeed......even if only the most obsessed and die-hard fans showed up at the end.

Speaking of the end, I am getting the feeling that Sony "unofficially" pulled the plug early due to my own inability of signing onto the system.

It was so great playing with you two and keeping our clan, despite some people's best efforts, to remain on the top ten list in all of North America. My best wishes to everyone who were still in Gunslingers to the bitter end, and all of those who graced our ranks throughout the last year.

I am all for keeping tabs with the rest of the clan, and PLEASE let me know whatever games you play in the future. As for keeping the namesake of our clan alive, I would be excited to do so. The real mystery is figuring out which games. To answer Pasta, no, I don't have a Playstation 3, and I doubt I will be able to pick one up before the end of the summer.

I do have a Nintendo Wii. Don't be surprised to see a sub board for a Mario Kart Wii clan to pop up on this board. The clan name? Somehow, "Shellslingers" seem appropiate. I have been searching the internet, and I have found many clans are already alive and kicking, which is good because the online server doesn't have an online option so people have been sharing the clan's leader's friend code for the game, and setting up times to compete. The game DOES have team races that echo Jak X's clan challenges and actually does a better job of making sure all weapons don't hurt your own teammates. Better yet, Gunslingers---Shellslingers---would compete in international clan ladders this time around.

It doesn't sound like, however, either of you have that combat racing game, so, another option that does have a clan option on the online server for the Playstation 2, is SOCOM. Naturally, Gunslingers would be appropiate, although I pretty much suck at the game at this point. Perhaps Marvel Ultimate Alliance would be another good suggestion for the Playstation 2.

Any other suggestion is completely welcomed, and I promise to do my best to accommidate anyone interested.

Regardless of what happens, I really do hope to keep in touch with the rest of you, and my hopes are that you two and others in the clan will use this forum to keep me updated. I would hate to make friends on Jak X only to lose touch with them the moment the server goes down.

Let me know your thoughts.

-Lee (McMurphy)
*That announcement, regardless of misspellings throughout it, was also the first time that our alternate name, Shellslingers, was posted. More history mining of that front will be published in the Shellslingers anniversary topic.

Luckily, we have moved well beyond only featuring one front or just combat racing games. We have members from all of the world and activity in a whole array of game genres. Thank you, new and returning members, for joining our fun during the last twelve years. Our sole desire has and always will be to make it easier for fellow older, casual gamers to enjoy online gaming on your terms and within your own general age demographic. No strings attached. In the age of hearing "be sure to donate & subscribe" so often with online gaming, our mission statement still creates a unique oasis.

Our leaders (ie: Trail Guides) have really stepped up in the last two years while I have had to take more of a back seat in activity. Please, please thank them the next time you talk to them in game, on the forum, or on Discord for their continued effort towards keeping Gunslinger Gaming rolling. They volunteer their time to make this work, and they are doing amazing work. Thank you.

RAFFLES (You know, the section of this post you were actually looking for)

There are currently two major raffles taking place this month, but be sure to check back for more additions this and next month.

• Free Game Raffle - HeadshotPenguin is raffling off a free game of your choosing. This is a raffle you can't afford to miss! Be sure to click the following link to put your name in the hat! Link: https://www.gunslingergaming.com/saloon ... =24&t=1269
  • Win A Gunslingers Frosty Pints Mug - REPLY TO THIS POST TO ENTER! On July 1st, a random name will be pulled out of a hat and the winner will receive an actual mug featuring the Gunslingers emblem on it in the mail. You can choose between a beer mug, coffee mug, or even a water bottle. We have been featuring this anniversary raffle since our 3rd year as a group!
  • More raffles/events to come!

dunkaroo69
GS Advisor
GS Advisor
Rank 13
Rank 13
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 8319

Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:30 pm

Happy anniversary GS!!! 12 years, damn. I’ve been here for 8 of them and can’t be happier with this wonderful place. The friends I’ve made are the best, the memories I have will never be forgotten, and the times I’ve shared, good and bad, with everyone has been a true pleasure. Huge thank you to Murph and Toezer for what they’ve created here. And a huge thank you to the leaders, new and old, who keep this place running like clockwork. And of course, as always, thank you to all the members, past, present and future, who consistently make this the greatest gaming group of all time.

Tl;dr: that cup is mine!!!
EntropyManor
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Main Platform: PC

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:41 pm

Happy anniversary!
Rather nice mug, really.
acetiepilot
Rank 10
Rank 10
Discord: 1656
SMM2 ID: OK1-9W0-GHF

Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:49 pm

12 years...that's quite the feat for a clan to stay alive! Very happy to be a member of this great crew!
Feel free to add me on the following platforms:
Switch: SW-5580-5753-0614
Xbox: acetiepilot
Steam: Friend code - 39751675
Currently Playing: Star Wars: Tie Fighter (PC), Cruisin' Blast (SWITCH), Fifa 22 (XB 1)
KingBing
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Games

Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:26 pm

Happy 12th Anny, GunSlingers!
Deathrabbit
Level 3
Level 3
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:19 pm

Happy 12 years! man thats crazy. good luck everyone on the mug and happy gaming!
Ambulancer
Level 1
Level 1
Discord: 6673
United States of America

Games

Gunslinger Badges

Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:26 am

That is a pretty cool mug.
camaro2862
Level 2
Level 2

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:34 am

Think I joined up when Battlefield 3 had been out for about a year. Happy 12th anniversary!
Rapidkirby3k
Level 4
Level 4
Discord: 0875

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:25 pm

Happy 12th Gunslingers! I first joined GS* before Modnation Racers Central suddenly went defunct years ago. ;)
Lucu
Level 1
Level 1
Discord: 1526
Canada

Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:46 am

Happy 12th Gunslingers. I joined up during the days of Marvel Heroes; that's like 6 or so years ago.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic