Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Devil's Dozen - The 13th Year Anniversary of Gunslingers!

June 2020 marks the 13 Year Anniversary of the Gunslingers being a gaming group. Important news, events, & raffle information within topic.

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

McMurphy
Founder
Founder
Rank 13
Rank 13
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674
SMM2 ID: LPB-TX4-TYG
United States of America

Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:27 pm

Happy Anniversary, Gunslingers!

We have been a gaming group for a devil's dozen of years as of June 2020. Considering how 2020 is turning out around the world, I would say that is an appropriate label to this year's anniversary. Regardless of current events, the experiment of being a sustained oasis for mature, casual gamers is still alive and well. We continue to get greenhorns in our posse every day, and we continue to do so without changing our principles of being independent of sponsorship, accommodating to all levels of free time of hard-working casual gamers, as well as welcoming of all people from all walks of earth. Be proud of that. We, as a group, have earned our 13 years.

Before we go any further in our celebration plans for the rest of the month, we have very exciting changes for the Gunslingers community to relate. Fynvarrah, gobi42, & Dr.Niggle are the new Administrators of the Gunslingers. Our in-house developer is theL33tness. Please thank them the next time you cross virtual paths because these changes are already in effect (although I need to get theL33tness properly set up). You can view the complete list of Trail Guides of the Gunslingers at the following address should you need a memory refresh:
memberlist.php?mode=group&g=9

These Administrative roles are not mere title changes. I have stepped aside in the interest of keeping the Gunslingers current, flexible to change, and growing. The trio of Administrators hold the keys to the kingdom, sort of speak. They have taken on the tasks of maintaining our server and domain, and they are doing so with genuine love for this community. There were plenty of changes I wished to move forward with, and the new site was meant as the reboot point. In the coming months, you will see them roll out new ideas of their own as well as some unfinished changes I started. We are still in the middle of slowly migrating everything (social networks, etc) into their control, but, ultimately, there will be a day in which trusted members of GS, not me, are the outright owners of everything Gunslingers. The goal is to further the status of the Gunslingers as an independent community, and its future not hinging on any one person's preference. Fynvarrah, gobi42, Dr.Niggle, and theL33tness are the first generation of this independence, and I am personally grateful that our community is in a position to have such dedication still present after 13 years.

I am going to do a little naval gazing now. I hope you understand. It has been 13 years of my life, after all. The following section is hidden on default in case you wish to skip it.
► Show Spoiler
All of the above is not to say that I am gone completely. With any luck, I can be more present in the near future as a fellow gamer than I have been for the last few years. Also, I currently have advanced access, so GS Leadership will have my help when I can provide it. Personally, I am excited to getting active again on the Nintendo Switch front. See you all in game and around the GS walks.

!RAFFLE - REPLY TO THIS TOPIC TO WIN A REAL GUNSLINGERS FROSTY PINTS MUG!

Per Gunslingers Anniversary tradition, we are having a raffle to give away a real Gunslingers Frosty Pints mug (or coffee mug depending on your gaming beat).

This will be the TENTH year of the Frosty Pints raffle. The rules are easy: Reply to this topic to have your name thrown in the virtual hat. On July 10th, 2020, we will pick a random name out of the hat to determine the winner. You will be private messaged on the GS Forums to get your shipping address so you can be mailed the prize. Good Luck!

TRIVIA NIGHT - $20 GIFT CARD PRIZE!

Join us on July 23rd, 2020 at 5pm Pacific Time (7pm Central/8pm Eastern) in the Gunslinger Saloon Discord Channel for your Trivia Night event. All trivia questions will be in regards to gaming & picked at random. The person with the most correct questions at the end of the event, which will roughly be an hour in length, will receive a $20 gift card credit to the gaming eshop of your choice!

Finally, I just want to say that the Gunslingers group was created to interject some positivity into an online world that so often thrives on guttural reactions to the general meanness of human nature. Regardless of our group's future and who curates the future generation of GS gamers, please, be kind to each other.

Gunslingers Founder,
-McMurphy

Rapidkirby3k
Level 4
Level 4
Discord: 0875

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:44 pm

Sounds awesome! :D
Korchie
Level 5
Level 5
Discord: 9370
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:48 pm

Thank you McMurphy!!!
GSG Tank
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Rank 10
Rank 10
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 8328

Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:49 pm

Great stuff @McMurphy ! Cant wait for some of the fun things that have been talked about!
MargaritaMama
Rank 10
Rank 10
Main Platform: PS4

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:53 pm

Exciting times! Gunslinger gaming will always hold a special place in my heart, great friends! I can’t wait to see what the future holds!
camaro2862
Level 2
Level 2

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:59 pm

I am very grateful for all the hard work you've put into running this group. Can't tell you how much more fun it was playing Battlefield with fellow 'slingers. Think I joined up during the second year of BF3... Change is always bound to happen, but it's nice knowing that there's a plan in place to keep the group going through the next generation of games. I have no idea when my boys will let me start spending some real time in games again, but I look forward to running those games with some like-minded friends. :) Cheers!
Hemmo75
Level 1
Level 1
Discord: 9913

Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:06 am

May gunslingers go on for another devil's dozen 🍻🍻🍻
:roll:
Pyreflame2
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:26 pm

Hey,
Never directly gamed with you Murphy, but sounds like you have things well in hand. I'm glad to be a part of this group, and hope things go well for you!

-Pyre
McMurphy
Founder
Founder
Rank 13
Rank 13
Discord: 3674
SMM2 ID: LPB-TX4-TYG
United States of America

Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:00 pm

Sorry, the trivia night event has been rescheduled for July 23rd, 2020. Below is the updated details:

TRIVIA NIGHT - $20 GIFT CARD PRIZE!

Join us on July 23rd, 2020 at 5pm Pacific Time (7pm Central/8pm Eastern) in the Gunslinger Saloon Discord Channel for your Trivia Night event. All trivia questions will be in regards to gaming & picked at random. The person with the most correct questions at the end of the event, which will roughly be an hour in length, will receive a $20 gift card credit to the gaming eshop of your choice!

Also, tonight is the last night to get your name in the virtual hat for a chance to win the Gunslingers Frosty Pints Mug Raffle!
acetiepilot
Rank 10
Rank 10
Discord: 1656
SMM2 ID: OK1-9W0-GHF

Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:12 pm

An absolutely awesome achievement @McMurphy

Can't wait to see what another 13 brings!
Feel free to add me on the following platforms:
Switch: SW-5580-5753-0614
Xbox: acetiepilot
Steam: Friend code - 39751675
Currently Playing: Star Wars: Tie Fighter (PC), Cruisin' Blast (SWITCH), Fifa 22 (XB 1)
Locked Previous topicNext topic