Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Anthem

Clan communications & game discussions for Anthem here.

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

yukongil
Level 4
Level 4
Main Platform: PS4

Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:39 am

Novaborn1 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:18 pm
I'm right there with you Yukon, constantly chasing someones afterburner is no fun, better to see the sights, pick the flowers & activate the runes with friends.
if you want to kick some scars in the face together, look me up, yukongil on PSN

kuashti
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
United States of America

Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:55 pm

I am in for grouping up in Anthem.
PSN: Kuashti
Novaborn1
Rank 11
Rank 11
Discord: 9190

Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:18 pm

Invite imminent on you both LOL
yukongil
Level 4
Level 4

Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:06 am

had a lot of fun running missions last night...maybe too much fun. This morning sucked after staying up till 1 in the morning...but I'll gladly??? do it again!

would like to gauge people's interest in the game though, as in; what do they want to get out of it. Is it just the loot/level chase? Or do you want to run encounters?

The loot chase seemed to be the top priority last night, and while it is certainly fun, I also want to just shoot things in the face and worry about what I get out of it later, so I'd like to maybe run more dungeons and world events and let the loot fall where it may.
Novaborn1
Rank 11
Rank 11

Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:20 pm

that seems like a fair statement (& perhaps concern ). I would say that no matter what activity you are doing in anthem there is plenty of challenging face shooting happening. I also have a concern about the Strongholds in Anthem that (there only being 3 for the next 3 months) they could become monotonous. I would like to pace myself & extend the longevity of the game. I do agree with you though that loot should never be the sole purpose of any game. I hope that the long discussion on loot rarity & conditions for getting it to drop didn't make us seem that way. in the beginning of a looter/shooter discussions inevitably turn to the mechanics of loot. Maybe things will go a bit smoother tonight.
Novaborn1
Rank 11
Rank 11

Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:45 pm

so I have a theory that most gamers have a bit of social anxiety (yours truly being a prime example) it is one thing to type some well thought out words on a screen, proof read it & then post it for your peers. it is quite another when the time comes to get an invite to voice chat & hang all of your insecurity's out in front of them. But we still feel a need to interface in this instant way & have the camaraderie and gratification of new friends. To this end & because Anthem has no guild system (yet) i will be activating a chat party on PS4 every day when i log on (around 5 pm mountain time) it will be called "Rusty 9" & will be open to all who have friended me on ps4. the sole purpose will be for all of us to log in & get a sense of each other. you don't have to say a word, just listen or join in or tell a wild tale to entertain us all! Eventually you will find friends & can peel off to a more private chat for adventures in Scarr slaying or Dominion busting! But Rusty 9 is there as a social spot & meeting hub, just for us the GS/ps4/Anthem crew.

See you @ the 9
yukongil
Level 4
Level 4

Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:22 pm

it really wasn't an issue, but I've been noticing that complaint/attitude trending with this game, especially in such cesspools as YouTube, where the response to the recent "nerf" to the drop rate (actually it was a fix to inadvertent mistake) was bordering on hysteria. It seemed to me that the viewpoint stems from a chase for the loot instead of getting the loot to take on more challenges, and just wondered where everyone sat on the non-issue here.

Don't get me wrong, I love looter-shooters and I still remember the giddy feeling of opening a red chest in Borderlands and finding my first Legendary or Pearlescent! or running the General Knoxx glitch for the 1000th time just to open chests. But in the end it was to take those awesome weapons and go get my face killed by Crawmerax or some other End Boss lol. Just seems like grinding for gear and levels can get boring if one is not actually enjoying the journey to get them.
/musings.
dunkaroo69
GS Advisor
GS Advisor
Rank 13
Rank 13
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 8319

Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:50 pm

This is a great idea! I love it. I'm gonna sticky it so it doesn't get buried :D

And honestly, there really is nothing better than chatting with other GSers. I remember playing with Gopp for the very first time and how frightened I was of saying anything. Seven years later and I'll talk to anyone :lol:
dunkaroo69
GS Advisor
GS Advisor
Rank 13
Rank 13
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 8319

Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:58 pm

yukongil wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:22 pm
it really wasn't an issue, but I've been noticing that complaint/attitude trending with this game, especially in such cesspools as YouTube, where the response to the recent "nerf" to the drop rate (actually it was a fix to inadvertent mistake) was bordering on hysteria. It seemed to me that the viewpoint stems from a chase for the loot instead of getting the loot to take on more challenges, and just wondered where everyone sat on the non-issue here.

Don't get me wrong, I love looter-shooters and I still remember the giddy feeling of opening a red chest in Borderlands and finding my first Legendary or Pearlescent! or running the General Knoxx glitch for the 1000th time just to open chests. But in the end it was to take those awesome weapons and go get my face killed by Crawmerax or some other End Boss lol. Just seems like grinding for gear and levels can get boring if one is not actually enjoying the journey to get them.
/musings.
This right here. I can't ever remember ever playing Borderlands just for the sake of getting better gear. Certainly I love the weapons and the shields and the skins I got, but that always seemed like the appetizer. The main course was always finding a boss and kicking its arse. Plus the hilarity of being on a headset with other slingers made it even more amazing.

When I play a game like Anthem, or Diablo, or Path of Exile, or Borderlands, or the Division, going around and looking for random mobs and destroying them always makes me happy. Don't get me wrong, there is a heart rushing, sweat inducing moment when a unique or a rare or an exotic item drops (that little music chime that plays for a second) that lasts for a few moments until you rush over and collect it and discover it's not nearly as good as the gear you already have on. But for me, the combat will always come first.
yukongil
Level 4
Level 4

Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:55 am

last night was a blast, running dungeons and seeing the sights on freeplay. Wish we could have found a titan though, I'm still itching for some payback after all the colossal asskickings they've handed me, but now I"m bringing friends and we'll see who kicks whose butt now! (probably still mine...)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic