Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

POST YOUR INTRODUCTIONS HERE!

Say howdy as you walk through the saloon doors here!

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

coolhandlewke
Rank 10
Rank 10
Main Platform: PS4

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:40 pm

just popped in today to see if any interest is being drummed up for the new games, and BAM, things escalated quickly. frankly i had resigned myself to gunslinger gaming riding off into the sunset as did the real gunslingers. posts had become rare, and new releases were coming out left and right without forum interest.
i would suggest, to all of us who took the time to rejoin this great group, lets also take the time to help make it what it was again. it could be as simple as posting a recap from a game, a favorite strategy or loadout, or to coordinate a frosty pint. i found previously the gs friends i played with rarely went to the forum. this caused stagnation, and didn't really capitalize on the teamwork and comradere that clan gaming can provide.
the frosty pint program is exactly the thing i was looking for when i originally joined. in prior clans those appointment gaming nights were always the most fun, and really helped to bond the group. unfortunately they became increasingly rare after i joined, at least on the games i play. it goes back to my earlier observation, if people aren't checking in on the forum its hard to create enthusiasm for these events. so lets do our part people, to make the creator of this sites hard work not go to waste. visit and post as often as you can. see you at the rodeo.

coolhandlewke
Rank 10
Rank 10

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:42 pm

killzone 2, what a great game. they just couldn't get the matchmaking right with that game. welcome bison, i'll send you an fr. i'm not sure what my next xbone game will be, but i'm always willing to drop $60 on a whim.

i log on to xbox and see your dodger avatar, now i know we're kindred spirits. my wife and i are sooo pumped for this game tonight. Dodgers v Red Sox, Kershaw v Sale, what a matchup. 2 hall of fame trajectory pitchers (kershaw's already punched his ticket) trying to win their 1st World series ring. baseball lore at its finest.
Green_Man_1975
Level 2
Level 2

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:43 pm

Thanks for all the welcomes, y'all
coolhandlewke wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:31 pm
see you soon in the old west. i enjoyed red deads 1st take on mp, and the zombies were a blast too. i'm guessing with rockstar's online success in gta they will do something special. in the mean time are you playing any other ps4 mp games? i picked up cod, and am pleasantly surprised after skipping a few years.
beer and film, two of my favorite pursuits. hopefully we'll dedicate threads to both on the new forum. i'd love to see a microbrew suggestion thread. stone in san marcos is my favorite currently (both the beer and the hangout). there are so many of them on the west coast. i bought a sixer of mike hess double ipa yesterday and its great. they're in san diego somewhere, i'll have to seek them out.
The only mp games I have loaded at the moment are GTA V and Battlefield I. I haven't played GTA in a while. When the heists were released I could not get a solid crew together. My best attempts were with a trio of Aussie teens (that I found through a random invite) who were good friends. One of which continually blamed me for mucking up the missions even though I was often one of two last standing. Gah! That made me so mad. I can still hear the echos of that little button pusher. I left civilly but haven't really played since. I like Battlefield I and had a pretty solid group of GS's to play with initially but that has now wound down and it's now a crap-shoot finding a cohesive squad. I didn't buy COD but thought about renting it, but then thought that I should not because I would probably like it which would lead to me purchasing it even though it's out of my budget.

I could go on and on about beers but I'll save that for another post, save a quick comment about a product I tried from the Weyerbacher brewery out of PA called Blithering Idiot. It's a barleywine sold in a four pack that I put to the test and found that the name is indeed apt.
camaro2862
Level 2
Level 2
Main Platform: XboxOne

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:50 pm

Hey all! Nice to see the new site up and running. Been a gunslinger for a few years now, I think. I would say 95% of the time I keep in touch on our facebook page, though. Since my son was born in 2017 I don't usually get much time for gaming anymore. When I do, lately, I'll be playing Forza Horizon 4. Hopefully I'll get into RDR2 by next summer. Ha! Gt on xbone is camaro2862 for anyone that wants to try some Forza multiplayer.
DrInsan3no
Rank 16
Rank 16
Main Platform: PC
United States of America

Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:13 pm

Hey man, welcome to the new page. Congratulations on your new born as well man! If you need anything feel free to message me
"The numbers Mason! What do the numbers mean, Mason?"
McMurphy
Founder
Founder
Rank 13
Rank 13
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674
SMM2 ID: LPB-TX4-TYG
United States of America

Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:18 pm

Hello, everyone!

Before I go any further, I must give a huge thanks to all of you who are willing to sign back up and make new introductions after doing so only a week ago in the BETA version of the new forums. I had hoped to avoid such a mid step.

Anyway, I have been a gamer ever since eyeing arcade machines when I was too much of a rugrat to adequately reach all the buttons on the console. Seeing Donkey Kong, Pac-Man, and Duck Hunt play out on arcade machines is my first memory of video games. I grew up in the 80s, born in the 70s. I had a Pac-Man sleeping bag, there is a photo album chronicling my attempts to blow out candles on a Pac-Man shaped birthday cake somewhere at my parents' place, and I distinctly remember eating all the ghost marshmallows from a box of Pac-Man cereal while watching a broadcast of The Blob.

My first home console was the Atari 400. I loved it. It represented my first real hands-on with Ms. Pac-Man, Frogger, Donkey Kong, Deluxe Space Invaders, Q*Bert, and Gorf. If you have never heard of Gorf, check it out. It is a real retro gem that is dangerously close to being lost in the sands of time. The Atari 400 was also my first taste of programming. It came with a thick book teaching you to do simple programs (like Guess-My-Number) and a programming cartridge. I didn't have the ability to save any of the programs I wrote (or stories I would write using Atari 400's built-in notepad function when a cartridge wasn't in the system), so I had some of the basic programming line items memorized after awhile. If it wasn't for my first console, I doubt I would have ever taken up HTML, PHP, or Excel programming classes in college.

Then I got a NES a few years later for Christmas. There was no looking back...or, at least, not until I became the old sentimental man that I am today. My first NES came with Super Mario Bros., Duck Hunt, and a bright orange light gun. I. Played. It. To. Death. Almost to death, anyway. I still have it, but I have since had to swap out its pins so it could start playing games again. I have a couple other NES consoles I keep around for spare parts. My NES collection as a kid wasn't very brag worthy. I had a few triple A titles like Dragon Warrior IV, Super Mario Bros. 3, and Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse. Most of my collection, however, were from the bargin bin: Yo! Noid (that came with expired pizza coupons), Back to the Future II & III (easily the worst NES game I had), Knight Rider, and the like. Renting games on the weekend was more my speed. We had a local appliance store that had a movie and game rental section. The best part was that they were closed every Saturday and Sunday, and for a week over the Christmas season. That meant any next-day rentals weren't due until their next business day. Luckily, they didn't think of a drop box system.

After the NES, I took a bit of a gaming break. While I played the SNES at friend's houses from time to time, I had convinced myself that I was too cool for gaming. Silly me. I took back up the habit in college with the release of the N64. Got it with Mario Kart 64, and built some good memories playing that system. It should be noted that my roommate at the time had a SNES still, and we would settle apartment disputes (who bought the milk seemed very important) with rounds of Super Mario Kart. I am proud to say that I often got my way with that set up.

The Playstation 2 was my first DVD player, and I got it right after moving to California, where I would meet my now wife. I have many found memories staying up all night with her as we played through Final Fantasy X. We would later move to Southern California where we would burn WAY too many hours playing Dragon Quest VIII, and getting very competitive (with each other and "randoms" online) in the combat racing game, Jak X. It was with this latter game that Gunslingers first appeared. The game had in-game clan features and I registered Gunslingers within it. We did really well. We ranked in the top 10 for North America.

But playing competitively wasn't my style. It didn't feel like a good fit. What I really enjoyed about gaming was the social aspects of it. Playing it locally with friends. Building memories with a significant other. Making new friends I would never have had if it wasn't for online servers. Those were the goals I wanted to achieve with a Gunslingers gaming group.

Here is where I need to make a confession. I love the television show Cheers. No, I mean I really love it. It is easily my favorite sitcom of all time. I wanted Gunslingers to be Cheers. I wanted a member who has taken the time to get to know everyone to log into chat and everyone else yell his/her name. I wanted to form a group of wildly different personalities to have some good times with good drinks together. I wanted a group of gamers who kept showing up not because we had some grinding clan practice scheduled, but because our group was the collective meeting place to escape after a hard day's work. Our oasis. Our Cheers.

I dare say in the 11 years we have been a gaming group we are that group. And we can continue that group with this new site.

DrInsan3no
Rank 16
Rank 16
United States of America

Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:20 pm

Welcome to the new page man! Hit me up if you ever play on PC
DrInsan3no
Rank 16
Rank 16
United States of America

Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:24 pm

Hey man, welcome to the new forums, if you're ever done to crossplatform Fortnite let me know, I only really play PC.
DrInsan3no
Rank 16
Rank 16
United States of America

Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:25 pm

Glad to see you back, welcome to the new forums man.
DrInsan3no
Rank 16
Rank 16
United States of America

Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:25 pm

Hey man, welcome to the new forums, hit me up on PC sometime.
Locked Previous topicNext topic