Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Borderlands 3

Clan communications & game discussions for Borderlands 3 here.

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

dunkaroo69
GS Advisor
GS Advisor
Rank 13
Rank 13
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 8319

Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:11 am

I'm so flippin excited for this game to release. Like you, BD, I'll be making several toons. One for me and my son, one for me, my son, and my little girl (four years old and Borderlands 2 splitscreen with my son and me is her favorite game), and one to play with other slingers. I'm looking at Moze and Amara (love my sirens) to start, but Zane looks fun too. I'm not sure about Fl4k for now. I see him as another Zero, which is fine (I played a ton of Zero), but IMHO he's only good until Ultimate Vault Hunter mode. With no crow control ability, he's pretty much useless. Perhaps Fl4k will improve some with his companion skills. I hope so, cuz he looks fun to play.

BDNYY23
Rank 11
Rank 11
Main Platform: PS4
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:12 am

Dunk, is this going to be a XBox or PS4 purchase for you? I am looking forward to leveling up multiple toons, just hope that I have enough time to work on each and not feel like I am being left behind on one. I figure other GSers will run through the game pretty quickly, so hopefully I will have one that I can use to run with the group.

Worked on completing the VIP tasks, but looks like I missed season 2 to obtain some of the weapons so not sure that I will get the free legendary weapon, though I did unlock some of the other BL3 guns already so that should help to start the game. Also, I have been playing with the interactive skill trees, not sure if you have checked this out, but it is a pretty good starting place to try to determine how you want to level your toons skills. If you use this link, you can access the various toons specific pages to play with their skill trees.

https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2019 ... rees-live/
BDNYY23
Rank 11
Rank 11
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:03 pm

Forget what I said about the VIP Legendary weapon and missing previous seasons, looks like if you unlock any of the VIP guns for even the previous games that those count towards the 8 weapons you need, so I should have some shiny legendary weapons to start the game. Hopefully I didn't screw myself by unlocking early, some think that if you wait until you level up some that it will benefit you more unlocking it later. Oh Well - with over 1 billion guns in the game, guess I will get over it quick.
dunkaroo69
GS Advisor
GS Advisor
Rank 13
Rank 13

Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:07 am

Xbox preorder, but I'll have it on PS4 by Christmas. I'm not worried about the guns at all. If the previous Borderlands games have taught me anything it's that there's always better loot around the corner.

I've played around tons with the skill trees just to see what would be the ideal path to go down and I think each Vault Hunter is gonna be a blast to play as. I'm hoping to have all of them at max level one day :D
CorpseDiver
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
United States of America

Games

Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:30 pm

Totally agree! With less than a week away and I’m not seeing much chatter. I’ve been waiting since BL2 for this! Pre-Order, done. Day off, scheduled. Haven’t seen a MAster List for it yet but I’ll be playing on Xbox so drop an invite.

GT: CorpseDiver
BDNYY23
Rank 11
Rank 11
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:54 am

Three Days - can't wait. I didn't take Friday off of work and my son will not be home until around 11 Friday night and I told him that I would wait for him to get started - do you think he would know if I started up with a different toon before he gets home ;)

So far reviews haven't been great on the game (they aren't bad, just somewhat of a let down), but the main thing I took from the ones I read was if you liked previous BL Games you will enjoy this one, just don't expect any major changes. Gunplay has improved which is great to hear, story is ok but the ending is better and surprise, surprise - the bosses are bullet sponges.

If you are playing on the PS4, send me a Friend Request if I am not on your friends list so even if we don't play together we can get some bounties based on being on each others friends list ;)
BDNYY23
Rank 11
Rank 11
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:38 pm

Just over 8 hours to go, really regretting not taking tomorrow off but I am thinking about staying up pretty late just to setup one of each toon but not sure how much you have to play of each to reach a save point to move onto the next unless anyone knows of any reasons to hold off making multiple toons this soon. This is what I get for telling my son I will wait for him.

Oh well, anyone read any good reviews or have any good tips for starting out. I really enjoyed all of the prior BL games, but will admit that managing skills and weapons in those games did get a bit overwhelming and now having to pick skills from 3 skill trees has me stressing a bit - I hate having some many choices ;)
McMurphy
Founder
Founder
Rank 13
Rank 13
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674
SMM2 ID: LPB-TX4-TYG
United States of America

Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:50 pm

Read Borderlands topics originally posted on our old site (ie: prior to 2019) here: http://www.gunslingergaming.com/old/viewforum.php?f=237
dunkaroo69
GS Advisor
GS Advisor
Rank 13
Rank 13

Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:09 am

I have meetings all day today so I couldn't take the day off. But I'll be going to grab it after work and making my first toon tonight and playing all weekend. Super pumped. All the reviews I've read are pretty consistent, saying it's not Destiny or the Division. No raids or end game content. Thank Christ for that!!! You don't play BL for those reasons. You play it for the glorious loot :D And no endgame content? I still play BL2 on a consistent basis and it's been out for nearly a decade.
McMurphy
Founder
Founder
Rank 13
Rank 13
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674
SMM2 ID: LPB-TX4-TYG
United States of America

Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:41 am

I'm getting my PS4 copy tonight.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic