Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Battlefield - Franchise Discussion, Good Games, & Clan Info

Clan communications & game discussions for Battlefield games here.

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

rambleon67
Level 2
Level 2
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 3584

Games

Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:47 pm

The new M1922 MG is a beast. I like it a little more than the MG42 though not sure why. Need to go back and look at how I have it spec'd vs the MG42. Could be the flash suppression on the MG42 forces you down the spec side that restricts the rounds to 50 where you get 150 by default on the M1922 so you can get that flash suppression without that penalty. Whatever the case - I like it.

dunkaroo69
GS Advisor
GS Advisor
Rank 13
Rank 13
Discord: 8319

Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:54 am

I keep trying to play more support but I dunno. I used to love that class in BF3 and 4 (give me back my M249) but I just can't figure it out this time around. I do like the MG42, though. It does feel comfy shooting with it. I've heard great things about the M1922 so I guess I'll have to keep ploughing ahead with my support class to get my hands on it :D
dunkaroo69
GS Advisor
GS Advisor
Rank 13
Rank 13

Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:01 pm

@Goppfather I remember when the BF3 beta came out. Metro Rush just about made me pass on the game entirely. Why the hell they chose that as the beta is still beyond me to this day. But the more MikeLaird kept saying how good it was going to be, the more I believed him, and I'm glad I did. I never got Mike's tags, not once to this day, but I believe I got yours. And Yodas. And Sosycs. And Nicks too, if I remember correctly.

This BF, though far from perfect, does remind me alot of BF3. There are times when I'm playing where I start thinking, y'know if Mike was here he could hop in a plane and take out that annoying bastard, or maybe if we had Nick on our team, we could get a tank and flank these losers. I really wish more people had given this BF a chance, especially more GS. It is quite a fun game when you have a good team to play with.
BDNYY23
Rank 11
Rank 11
Main Platform: PS4
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:41 pm

I am still really enjoying this version, but the lack of GSers playing or at least playing when I am is somewhat disappointing. This game really emphasizes squad play, and playing with randoms with no communication makes that really difficult. Tides of war has been a great addition for me, as it at least forces me to play a few hours each week to unlock something. The next few weeks the unlocks are tanks, which I never drive, but I still need the shiny new reward.

You should give the game a try again. They have added some maps and game modes and tides of war forces you to try out the different modes. Last week was Frontlines and it was pretty fun, though I did have some back and forth matches that lasted at least 45 minutes.

Tell MikeL to stop playing RD2 and come back to BF, there are plenty of tags for his taking ;)
dunkaroo69
GS Advisor
GS Advisor
Rank 13
Rank 13

Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:11 pm

I wasn't even looking forward to it. Probably won't even play it. And honestly I didn't even know about it until this morning, lol. But every review I've read says it's garbage. Has anyone here played it? I just wanted to know if it was really as bad as what folks are saying.
Trelephant
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Level 1
Level 1
Discord: 0805
United States of America

Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:17 pm

BDNYY23 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:41 pm
I am still really enjoying this version, but the lack of GSers playing or at least playing when I am is somewhat disappointing. This game really emphasizes squad play, and playing with randoms with no communication makes that really difficult. Tides of war has been a great addition for me, as it at least forces me to play a few hours each week to unlock something. The next few weeks the unlocks are tanks, which I never drive, but I still need the shiny new reward.

You should give the game a try again. They have added some maps and game modes and tides of war forces you to try out the different modes. Last week was Frontlines and it was pretty fun, though I did have some back and forth matches that lasted at least 45 minutes.

Tell MikeL to stop playing RD2 and come back to BF, there are plenty of tags for his taking ;)
I’ll probably head back one day. I don’t have an issue with the TTK, I like the shorter time to react. More realistic. I’m mostly disappointed in the fact that it’s basically BF1, and the class I love the most, Medic, now only gets sub machine guns. I play medic as a medic, but I liked what BF1 had. I could support and cover, and also revive my team.
BDNYY23
Rank 11
Rank 11
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:26 pm

Yeah I wasn't a fan of the smgs for the medic but the medic gun that unlocked as part of tides of war is great, it actually kills at distance
rambleon67
Level 2
Level 2

Games

Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:28 pm

Really not that different from the MG42. And once you get the hang of using either one in hip fire they are more versatile.
rambleon67
Level 2
Level 2

Games

Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:36 pm

Maybe not that bad for someone picking up the game for the first time. For a solo player with any experience it doesn't offer all that much other than an opportunity to farm Combined Arms to get through assignments. Need 20 headshot kills while crouched or prone or standing on your head with a particular weapon? Well head on over to Combined Arms. It might give a squad a little practice working with each other in a "safe place".
dunkaroo69
GS Advisor
GS Advisor
Rank 13
Rank 13

Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:50 am

Yeah I watched some videos of it. Looks kinda meh. Think I’ll pass on it. I wish they’d release Rush finally. To me that’d be a more welcome addition.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic