Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

TTK Controversy

Discussion of which TTK model you like more and why.

Moderator: Trail Guides

WilyWolverine
Level 1
Level 1
Main Platform: XboxOne

Gunslinger Badges

Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:16 am

Given the huge outcry over Dice's recent change to the time to kill (TTK) model increasing the TTK, I'm curious what my fellow Gunslingers think of the change and which TTK model you prefer. Please post your comments below.

I prefer the new TTK as I think it allows for more aggressive (reckless?) play which is my preferred playstyle. However I think Dice needs to properly balance a number of weapons. I'd like to see buffs to medic weapons and nerfs to bipod LMGs. What do you all think?

WilyWolverine

Add me on Xbox One. GT is WilyWolverine.
BDNYY23
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Rank 10
Rank 10
Main Platform: PS4
United States of America

Games

Gunslinger Badges

Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:05 pm

Definitely would like a buff to the Medic SMGs. As for bipod LMG's, they are already at a disadvantage as you have to deploy the bipod to use most of them, the KE7 was already nerfed (and the MMG's are useless without the bipod). Granted once you deploy them properly they can be deadly, so for campers they work well, but in order to get from point A to B, you have to rely on your sidearm if you encounter anyone. I have been enjoying the VGO, though I get into too much trouble running to a point to cap it and run into an enemy, hip firing is completely useless and it takes way too much time to deploy the bipod.

As for the TTK, I only played a couple days since the change and didn't really notice much of a change. I did notice the single hit kill bug happened to me quite often where it just showed the enemy fire once and I was dead. Also, did they make a change to the Doritos popping up on the minimap, this past week I was looking on the minimap and enemies were not popping up like they used to, wasn't sure if something changed by Bungie or if I messed something up in my settings.

I still enjoy the game and whatever it takes to keep the most people playing works best for me. I wish that the last few BF games had the same GS following that BF3 and even BF4 did. Most nights we had almost a full team (or at least multiple squads) of GSers running in those games
coolhandlewke
Rank 10
Rank 10

Games

Gunslinger Badges

Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:56 am

i just started playing yesterday, and didn't notice anything i couldn't live with. they went with the quick ttk in medal of honor:warfighter, and it made the game unenjoyable for me.
BDNYY23
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Rank 10
Rank 10
United States of America

Games

Gunslinger Badges

Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:41 pm

They just said today that they are changing the ttk back, sounds like it is more of a ttd issue that they are having where on your screen it shows you are one shot and killed.
acetiepilot
Rank 10
Rank 10
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 1656
SMM2 ID: OK1-9W0-GHF

Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:15 pm

I honestly had not noticed any difference.

I agree that the medic SMG's need to be slightly buffed.

The TTK stuff is only as good as your team mates tho. The number of times I have had a medic standing near me to let me die is rather frustrating.
Formally nineromega
Feel free to add me on Switch: SW-5580-5753-0614 and Xbox Live: acetiepilot
Currently Playing: Destiny 2(PC), Fire Emblem: Three Houses(Switch), Madden 20 (XBX1)
Goppfather
Level 5
Level 5

Games

Gunslinger Badges

Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:44 pm

BDNYY23 wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:05 pm
Definitely would like a buff to the Medic SMGs. As for bipod LMG's, they are already at a disadvantage as you have to deploy the bipod to use most of them, the KE7 was already nerfed (and the MMG's are useless without the bipod). Granted once you deploy them properly they can be deadly, so for campers they work well, but in order to get from point A to B, you have to rely on your sidearm if you encounter anyone. I have been enjoying the VGO, though I get into too much trouble running to a point to cap it and run into an enemy, hip firing is completely useless and it takes way too much time to deploy the bipod.

As for the TTK, I only played a couple days since the change and didn't really notice much of a change. I did notice the single hit kill bug happened to me quite often where it just showed the enemy fire once and I was dead. Also, did they make a change to the Doritos popping up on the minimap, this past week I was looking on the minimap and enemies were not popping up like they used to, wasn't sure if something changed by Bungie or if I messed something up in my settings.

I still enjoy the game and whatever it takes to keep the most people playing works best for me. I wish that the last few BF games had the same GS following that BF3 and even BF4 did. Most nights we had almost a full team (or at least multiple squads) of GSers running in those games

Those BF3 days were fun. Unfortunately, for me, those were the peak days of the franchise. I have Battlefield V but just can't really get into it. Granted Red Dead is taking most of my gaming time, it isn't without flaws as well. But even with the flaws it's still more interesting to me than Battlefield V. I actually even prefer Battlefield 1 to this latest edition. Not to bag on the game at all, I just find less interest in it mostly due to the fact that they keep getting smaller and smaller with the maps, fewer and fewer vehicles, and they only put me in two, maybe three different maps for conquest games. Unfortunately I feel the franchise has regressed. And the sad part is that at least 6 GSers I game with all the time have the game, and haven't even taken the time to load it and play for one minute. I know that several of us plan on maybe getting some games in with it along with the Christmas noobs, but we all just felt a little underwhelmed with the beta, and the small bit I've played hasn't helped my impressions.
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin
Rank 11
Rank 11
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 8319

Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:01 pm

@Goppfather I remember when the BF3 beta came out. Metro Rush just about made me pass on the game entirely. Why the hell they chose that as the beta is still beyond me to this day. But the more MikeLaird kept saying how good it was going to be, the more I believed him, and I'm glad I did. I never got Mike's tags, not once to this day, but I believe I got yours. And Yodas. And Sosycs. And Nicks too, if I remember correctly.

This BF, though far from perfect, does remind me alot of BF3. There are times when I'm playing where I start thinking, y'know if Mike was here he could hop in a plane and take out that annoying bastard, or maybe if we had Nick on our team, we could get a tank and flank these losers. I really wish more people had given this BF a chance, especially more GS. It is quite a fun game when you have a good team to play with.
BDNYY23
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Rank 10
Rank 10
United States of America

Games

Gunslinger Badges

Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:41 pm

I am still really enjoying this version, but the lack of GSers playing or at least playing when I am is somewhat disappointing. This game really emphasizes squad play, and playing with randoms with no communication makes that really difficult. Tides of war has been a great addition for me, as it at least forces me to play a few hours each week to unlock something. The next few weeks the unlocks are tanks, which I never drive, but I still need the shiny new reward.

You should give the game a try again. They have added some maps and game modes and tides of war forces you to try out the different modes. Last week was Frontlines and it was pretty fun, though I did have some back and forth matches that lasted at least 45 minutes.

Tell MikeL to stop playing RD2 and come back to BF, there are plenty of tags for his taking ;)
Trelephant
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Discord: 0805
United States of America

Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:17 pm

BDNYY23 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:41 pm
I am still really enjoying this version, but the lack of GSers playing or at least playing when I am is somewhat disappointing. This game really emphasizes squad play, and playing with randoms with no communication makes that really difficult. Tides of war has been a great addition for me, as it at least forces me to play a few hours each week to unlock something. The next few weeks the unlocks are tanks, which I never drive, but I still need the shiny new reward.

You should give the game a try again. They have added some maps and game modes and tides of war forces you to try out the different modes. Last week was Frontlines and it was pretty fun, though I did have some back and forth matches that lasted at least 45 minutes.

Tell MikeL to stop playing RD2 and come back to BF, there are plenty of tags for his taking ;)
I’ll probably head back one day. I don’t have an issue with the TTK, I like the shorter time to react. More realistic. I’m mostly disappointed in the fact that it’s basically BF1, and the class I love the most, Medic, now only gets sub machine guns. I play medic as a medic, but I liked what BF1 had. I could support and cover, and also revive my team.
BDNYY23
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Rank 10
Rank 10
United States of America

Games

Gunslinger Badges

Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:26 pm

Yeah I wasn't a fan of the smgs for the medic but the medic gun that unlocked as part of tides of war is great, it actually kills at distance
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic