Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Red Dead Redemption II

Clan communications & game discussions regarding RDR2 here.

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

NIK Bass
Rank 10
Rank 10
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 6965

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:53 am

Ok, you guys figure this one out.

XBOX: NIK Bass
NIK Bass
Rank 10
Rank 10
Discord: 6965

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:55 am

Don't know how I managed to double post, can't see how to delete it though.
XBOX: NIK Bass
Goppfather
Level 8
Level 8
Main Platform: PS4

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:28 pm

Me too NIK. Sooooo much to do still
GrouchyGran
Level 5
Level 5
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:43 am

Wow, that's really helpful. Thanks, both!
GrouchyGran
Level 5
Level 5
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:52 am

I have some questions....
In what chapter and mission will my horse die? This is silly but I'd like to use a different horse when that happens. That way I won't be too devastated. :P
Would it be best if I were to complete as much of side missions, treasure hunting, bounty hunting, legendary beast hunting etc before completing the campaign story? I'd like to do all those as Arthur so when would be the best time to do all the above before Arthur is gone?

I'm at chapter 4 by the way, just about to meet Dutch and gang at the bayou and getting on the boat to kill Bronte.
10DollaOffCupon
Level 8
Level 8

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:22 am

GrouchyGran wrote:
In what chapter and mission will my horse die? This is silly but I'd like to use a different horse when that happens. That way I won't be too devastated. :P
Would it be best if I were to complete as much of side missions, treasure hunting, bounty hunting, legendary beast hunting etc before completing the campaign story? I'd like to do all those as Arthur so when would be the best time to do all the above before Arthur is gone?

I'm at chapter 4 by the way, just about to meet Dutch and gang at the bayou and getting on the boat to kill Bronte.
Stop. You are on the final mission of chapter 4

After Aurthur gets stick and falls off his horse, I think it's chapter 6, you are approaching the end. Once Aurthurs story is over, you start fresh as John, so horse choice doesn't matter. I suggest using the horse you spent the most time with, there's a touching cutscene.

The only things that carry over are your inventory and guns. You get a new horse and eventually more money than you need.

There are some missions that close off once you become John but I can't remember which ones. The final Master Huntsman challenge (legendary cougar), legendary Pronghorn and 2 legendary fish are only accessable to John as they are in the New Austin area. The "true love" quest line with the Gray/Braithwaite lovers is one that needs to be done as Aurthur that I know of for sure. I think the end of the Dowes family story, (from Money Lending and Other Sins, the man that gets Aurthur sick) is for Aurthur only as well. Things like satchel crafting or legendary hunts can still be done as John. In fact, if you don't craft all the satchels as Aurthur, you can just buy them from the fence as John.

My best opinion for you, make a second save. Do your side missions before advancing. Chapter 5 is different to avoid spoilers. Personally, once I got to chapter 6 I was too wrapped up in the story to care about side missions, but I'm a huge fan of good story telling so I had to see it through at that point.

I don't remember how many main missions are after the "sick point" but the one to watch out for is Sadie Adler waiting for you in Saint Denis. I'd doesn't change the game much except you only get half the benefit from food and Aurthur has a NASTY cough.

Hope this was enough of an info dump😉
GrouchyGran
Level 5
Level 5
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:09 pm

10DollaOffCupon wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:22 am
GrouchyGran wrote:

Stop. You are on the final mission of chapter 4

After Aurthur gets stick and falls off his horse, I think it's chapter 6, you are approaching the end. Once Aurthurs story is over, you start fresh as John, so horse choice doesn't matter. I suggest using the horse you spent the most time with, there's a touching cutscene.

The only things that carry over are your inventory and guns. You get a new horse and eventually more money than you need.

There are some missions that close off once you become John but I can't remember which ones. The final Master Huntsman challenge (legendary cougar), legendary Pronghorn and 2 legendary fish are only accessable to John as they are in the New Austin area. The "true love" quest line with the Gray/Braithwaite lovers is one that needs to be done as Aurthur that I know of for sure. I think the end of the Dowes family story, (from Money Lending and Other Sins, the man that gets Aurthur sick) is for Aurthur only as well. Things like satchel crafting or legendary hunts can still be done as John. In fact, if you don't craft all the satchels as Aurthur, you can just buy them from the fence as John.

My best opinion for you, make a second save. Do your side missions before advancing. Chapter 5 is different to avoid spoilers. Personally, once I got to chapter 6 I was too wrapped up in the story to care about side missions, but I'm a huge fan of good story telling so I had to see it through at that point.

I don't remember how many main missions are after the "sick point" but the one to watch out for is Sadie Adler waiting for you in Saint Denis. I'd doesn't change the game much except you only get half the benefit from food and Aurthur has a NASTY cough.

Hope this was enough of an info dump😉
Those are very helpful info, thanks for your input! :D
Bohicasnafu47
Level 2
Level 2

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:54 pm

Roach, Stormbreaker, and Widow Maker (Pecos Bill's horse's name). 4th horse has no name
Bohicasnafu47
Level 2
Level 2

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:56 pm

NIK Bass wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:10 pm
IGN Map RDR2

Credit: Tyson J Mauermann via Facebook
I get an honorable mention.
BwA Blitz
Level 2
Level 2

Games

Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:39 am

Hey All, is anybody planning a posse for RDR2 on-line for X-Box ? I heard there was a charge for it but not sure how much.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic