Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Fortnight Account Hacked

Moderators: Founder, Trail Guides, GS Advisor

Daarkwind
Level 4
Level 4
Main Platform: PC
Discord: 6497
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:36 pm

So I get an email last weekend that my Epic / Fortnight account was hacked. I went into the launcher, changed the password, re-confirmed the email account and found that my friends list had been blown out and a bunch of names that I did not know were there. I cleaned out the account and disconnected my Twitch and paypal accounts. Joy oh Joy.

So, I chose to delete the account, for safety reasons and what happened after that was a nightmare. They wanted a huge amount of information to delete my account. Things that would have given any hacker enough information to steal my identity. I basically told them I would not give them that information and ended going through two different people and about 15 emails, and 4 days, and finally got my account deleted. You might ask if I followed any links from the emails sent about my account being hacked, the answer is no. I went trough Epic directly, the incompetence I had to deal with was top notch. Best as I can tell this was the result of Epic having been hacked at some point.

Be careful and use the 2 step authentication to protect yourselves.

Feel free to add me on Discord: Daarkwind#6497.