Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Red Dead Online thoughts

Moderator: Trail Guides

TatisNelson
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Main Platform: PS4
Discord: 4339

Games

Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:23 pm

Agree with most everything. Online currently feels very empty after playing the story. But as someone mentioned earlier, GTA Online started out the same way. My one concern is how the time period will limit R*'s ability to keep adding fresh content. I mean, there is no hover-horse. At least I hope there isn't.

coolhandlewke
Rank 10
Rank 10

Games

Gunslinger Badges

Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:58 pm

last night brought a new exploit to my attention, auto aim for tomahawks and bows. if you are going to have a one shot, insta kill weapon you can not have it auto aim enabled. i observed a player for a round last night getting one kill after another by simply spamming the aim button while scanning his surroundings. even if he couldn't see the opponent (in cornfields in this case) the reticle would still lock on the target. then he hits one button and down they went. the game will never last if they don't get in front of junk like this.
riskbreaker76
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Discord: 2006
Philippines

Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:38 pm

TatisNelson wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:23 pm
Agree with most everything. Online currently feels very empty after playing the story. But as someone mentioned earlier, GTA Online started out the same way. My one concern is how the time period will limit R*'s ability to keep adding fresh content. I mean, there is no hover-horse. At least I hope there isn't.
Hot Air Balloon races until some idiots below shoot the balloons :lol:
coolhandlewke
Rank 10
Rank 10

Games

Gunslinger Badges

Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:17 am

my brief experience last night. tried to join session on green man. i'm not sure if he's in the server so i start checking all the dots on the map. before i can finish i'm shot down. i respawn and start checking again, and again am shot down within a minute. they really should rethink the dots on the map. i don't think they add anything but toxicity, and only hurt the immersion of being a cowboy in the wild. maybe show your friends on the map, and maybe others for a short time after they fire a weapon.
Goppfather
Level 5
Level 5

Games

Gunslinger Badges

Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:38 am

coolhandlewke wrote:
my brief experience last night. tried to join session on green man. i'm not sure if he's in the server so i start checking all the dots on the map. before i can finish i'm shot down. i respawn and start checking again, and again am shot down within a minute. they really should rethink the dots on the map. i don't think they add anything but toxicity, and only hurt the immersion of being a cowboy in the wild. maybe show your friends on the map, and maybe others for a short time after they fire a weapon.
Totally a fair point. I've pondered several things that add to the toxicity and how they could dial it back some. Everything I come up with there seems to be an equally bad unintended consequences. I'm almost to the point of believing that rockstar probably has thought of everything under the sun and their thinking is; people are just gonna be dickhead asshole people, no matter how we create the game. Someone will always find a way to exploit, grief, cheat, etc. I mean I wouldn't think it would be that fun to go into a fast travel, emerge- shoot someone in the back-then fast travel out again- but I've seen it done.
Goppfather
Level 5
Level 5

Games

Gunslinger Badges

Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:47 pm

coolhandlewke wrote:
Totally a fair point. I've pondered several things that add to the toxicity and how they could dial it back some. Everything I come up with there seems to be an equally bad unintended consequences. I'm almost to the point of believing that rockstar probably has thought of everything under the sun and their thinking is; people are just gonna be dickhead asshole people, no matter how we create the game. Someone will always find a way to exploit, grief, cheat, etc. I mean I wouldn't think it would be that fun to go into a fast travel, emerge- shoot someone in the back-then fast travel out again- but I've seen it done.
Digital_k
Level 1
Level 1

Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:26 pm

Its ok. I think the foundation is there for some cool stuff in thr future. Gta5 online wasnt even close to what it was when it was first released so I will give Rockstar time to sort it out.
GrouchyGran
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Level 3
Level 3
Main Platform: XboxOne
United States of America

Games

Gunslinger Badges

Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:52 am

Thought I'd post a convenient link here for anyone who'd like to give feedback to Rockstar.
https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadre ... e/feedback
coolhandlewke
Rank 10
Rank 10

Games

Gunslinger Badges

Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:42 pm

Digital_k wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:26 pm
Its ok. I think the foundation is there for some cool stuff in thr future. Gta5 online wasnt even close to what it was when it was first released so I will give Rockstar time to sort it out.
yep, i'm always of the mind to give devs some time to sort things out. the hope is even more warranted in cases like these, where rockstar has a gigantic stake in making this a fun place to be.
Crinklepouch
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Level 5
Level 5
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 4506
SMM2 ID: NG8-2N5-42G
United States of America

Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:43 pm

I think to have the fun I had with RDR1 Online, I'd have to either posse up with you guys or they'd have to add more.

I refuse to participate in the Micahtransactions, though.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic