Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Red Dead Redemption II

Clan communications & game discussions regarding RDR2 here.

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

Goppfather
Level 8
Level 8
Main Platform: PS4

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:09 pm

Thrasher RP
Rank 10
Rank 10
Main Platform: XboxOne

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:31 pm

Oh wow, I guess ill leave the wolves alone!
Thrasher RP
Rank 10
Rank 10

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:32 pm

Thanks! Usefull stuff!
10DollaOffCupon
Level 8
Level 8

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:09 pm

So Dutch going crazy, that was fun to watch. The scorned Molly, I thought she was the rat. Maybe I missed a conversation or two there. Micah, the douche, I wanted to leave his ass in Strawberry at the start of the game. Lenny, Kieran, Hosea...

Come in, decompress, vent, discuss.
Goppfather
Level 8
Level 8

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:12 am

It emotionally drained me in all honesty. When I was spurring Goldie to go and couldn't figure out why he wasn't moving, then he went down...that was rough. To me I loved playing the Arthur character more than JM. So the end of chapter 6 was tough. I'm not sure a video game has ever made me sad lol. Just finished the epilogue 2 last night, and while still fun, it's just not the same playing as JM. But I digress. Probably my favorite story ever told in a video game.
10DollaOffCupon
Level 8
Level 8

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:36 am

Goppfather wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:12 am
It emotionally drained me in all honesty. When I was spurring Goldie to go and couldn't figure out why he wasn't moving, then he went down...that was rough. To me I loved playing the Arthur character more than JM. So the end of chapter 6 was tough. I'm not sure a video game has ever made me sad lol. Just finished the epilogue 2 last night, and while still fun, it's just not the same playing as JM. But I digress. Probably my favorite story ever told in a video game.
So you got to see the special horse cutscene. That's cool. That part rocked me a little as well. Did you go back for the money or help John? I watched all the endings after finally dealing with Micah. The dishonorable ending and the going back for the money ending left a sour taste in my mouth.

Also it's worth noting, if you go back to collect Micah's pistol, his body is left frozen where he fell. I found it nice but no where near as satisfying as the thought of beating the life outta him as Aurthur would have been
Goppfather
Level 8
Level 8

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:22 pm

I chose to help John. I haven't watched the alternate endings yet but plan on doing so. I was so mad that in the Micah gunfight it wouldn't let me killed him. I failed the mission about 6 times because I kept shooting him and Dutch. I shot Dutch right in the left eye about 3 different times. It was satisfying.
NIK Bass
Rank 10
Rank 10
Discord: 6965

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:25 pm

I shot Dutch several times myself. Worth it.

My feelings are much the same as you guys, I am less disappointed in the post Arthur game than I expected. The way it fills in the gap between new and old is, I think, well done.

I'd love the option to recover Arthur somehow, though it wouldn't make since in the story. I don't want a Zombi version either, though I'd play that as well. Wish I could get Buel back, the horse you get of the one legged man.

The thing that stands out to me the most, is that the game is intentionally slow passed at times, and I loved every second of it anyway. My favorite screen shot is Arthur laying in the sunset, maybe it's the associated emotions of the scene.
XBOX: NIK Bass
10DollaOffCupon
Level 8
Level 8

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:55 pm

I didn't mind Dutch in this game. Watching him transform from enigmatic leader to straight up sociopath was cool and a great piece of story telling. I thought he kinda fell flat in the epilogue but oh well.

Really thought there could have been a better way to off Micah than Dutch taking a cheap shot on him then giving him 6 dead eye shots to the nuts. Would have liked to beat the life out of him.

It would be nice to have the option to revert to right before Aurthur goes to the doctor but going in/through Blackwater wouldn't make sense.
NIK Bass
Rank 10
Rank 10
Discord: 6965

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:46 am

I felt the same, but playing through the Epilogues I slowly found myself appreciating the impact of the overall story, both games. As a whole this game is really well done, and even after finishing the Epilogues, I have so much left to do, I'm not board, still finding new encounters and stranger missions. Lots of secrets to unlock yet.
XBOX: NIK Bass
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic