Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Anthem

Clan communications & game discussions for Anthem here.

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

gobi42
Site Admin
Site Admin
Rank 11
Rank 11
Main Platform: PC
Discord: 0420
United States of America

Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:18 pm

I liked the game and enjoyed the demo, however it did have some glaring bugs for me, and seemed like it might lack content when first released. I still plan on buying the game, but i think it will be some time after launch when i can grab it on sale.

BDNYY23
Rank 11
Rank 11
Main Platform: PS4
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:15 am

There should definitely be a clan front, depending on what Anthem has in place, just not sure who will be heading that up on the PS4 side. I was really looking forward to this game, but the BETA issues and the horrible reviews have me in more of a wait an see stance. At this point if GS does not have enough of a presence with this game on the PS4 I will probably pass as many of the reviews state one of the biggest issue is the matchmaking, if one random decides to speed forward you will be teleported to them, so no chance of any exploration on your own.

As with all clan fronts in game, please do not setup a GS related front without checking in with the leaders. Typically we try to ensure that a GS leader is involved in administering the clan just to ensure that players added are actually GSers and registered in the forum. This also allows the headaches of dealing with issues landing on the leader and not have to be an issue for you to deal with.
BDNYY23
Rank 11
Rank 11
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:28 am

Based on the Beta issues and the horrible reviews of the game that I have read so far, I am in a wait an see mode for whether I will be picking this up. I was really looking forward to it, but unless there is an active GS presence it will just not end up being a game for me.

In Battlefield and COD, running with randoms is bearable, but to me loot based games like Destiny and now Anthem, I prefer to play with a regular crew or at least other GSers who typically have a similar mindset that I do. One of the biggest drawbacks that I have read with this game is if you are in a fireteam and one player just wants to speed along to the mission and you want to check something out, the game will force you forward to join the team. Granted I am not sure how much this matters, if at all, but it sounds like it could be an issue. I know Destiny had this, but in Destiny there was rarely a reason to search the map while in mission, but it sounds like in Anthem there may be some benefits to it. It also said that if you are in a fireteam, the other members can revive you if you die, but they are not alerted to your death so if they continue forward with the mission/fight, you are out of luck.

So, if you are still planning on picking up Anthem on the PS4, please let the group know. If you have played the Beta or found any positive reviews for the game, please let me know that as well as I would really like to hear/read some positives about the game. I have seen from other GSers that the gameplay and flying feels good and plays well, but I am interested in the story (if there is one) and the missions. Most important, I am trying to make sure that there will be other GSers out there to group up with so that I don't have to deal with randoms.
Novaborn1
Rank 11
Rank 11
Discord: 9190

Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:23 pm

I and several others in my circle will be playing for sure ( Preorders already secured) that being said i have played both (demo weekends) and watched extensive reviews on Anthem & would paraphrase them like this. Anthems game world is beautiful , game play is exceedingly fun & lore is interesting but it suffers from the same problems that 90% of AAA titles do, it shipped too early. there are many repetitive missions, bugs & (some say) excessive load times. Bioware has promised to fix many of the bugs by the 22nd (take it with a grain of salt) the load times bother reviewers because the nature of their gaming requires them to digest content faster than i would ever consider & repetitive random missions are a side effect of their randomly generated nature. I am not a fan of the new trend of shipping unfinished product but in the end, its Bioware & i don't want to see those doors close.
Novaborn1
Rank 11
Rank 11

Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:31 pm

LOL, we are all newbies here, I can almost guarantee none of us 3 would dream of using the GS name in that instance.
BDNYY23
Rank 11
Rank 11
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:51 am

No problem, was more of a reminder as we have had members create them in the past. Hopefully, I will take the plunge and pick up the game and I will be able to handle the clan front, just not fully committed to the game yet - really don't like the reviews that I have read.
Novaborn1
Rank 11
Rank 11

Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:34 am

I understand your hesitance, but having played it i can tell you (& honest reviews will say the same) the gameplay is fun & it has a hook, the only question is, will it hook you for 2 weeks,2 months or years. most reviewers are mad about bugs (same as any AAA). loading (actually better times than the division 1) & the age old rant why are you releasing an unfinished product. some are just over it entirely because there is almost no chance of pvp in the future of the game. so if you feel that a month of entertainment is worth the price of admission then i think this is a pretty sure bet.
ThrawnBlaze
Level 1
Level 1
Discord: 7294
United States of America

Games

Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:27 am

I would definitely like to roll with GS in Anthem on ps4!
ThrawnBlaze
Level 1
Level 1
Discord: 7294
United States of America

Games

Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:28 am

I have preordered and plan on playing !
ShoocherLane
Level 1
Level 1
Main Platform: XboxOne

Games

Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:20 pm

I've really enjoyed the demos. I've been forcing myself to ration my 10 trial, I only have about 1 hour left and I'll be burning that tonight after work. I pre ordered and honestly, I can't wait to be able to play for 4-5 hours and not worry about running out of time! Hopefully we see a masterlist soon.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic