Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

M1922 MG for Support

New MMG for Support

Moderator: Trail Guides

rambleon67
Level 1
Level 1
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 3584

Games

Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:47 pm

The new M1922 MG is a beast. I like it a little more than the MG42 though not sure why. Need to go back and look at how I have it spec'd vs the MG42. Could be the flash suppression on the MG42 forces you down the spec side that restricts the rounds to 50 where you get 150 by default on the M1922 so you can get that flash suppression without that penalty. Whatever the case - I like it.

dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin
Rank 11
Rank 11
Discord: 8319

Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:54 am

I keep trying to play more support but I dunno. I used to love that class in BF3 and 4 (give me back my M249) but I just can't figure it out this time around. I do like the MG42, though. It does feel comfy shooting with it. I've heard great things about the M1922 so I guess I'll have to keep ploughing ahead with my support class to get my hands on it :D
rambleon67
Level 1
Level 1

Games

Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:28 pm

Really not that different from the MG42. And once you get the hang of using either one in hip fire they are more versatile.
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin
Rank 11
Rank 11

Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:53 am

That’s one thing I need to work on for sure. The hip fire. I used to do it all the time but I think old age and other games have made me forget how to use it.
BDNYY23
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Rank 10
Rank 10
Main Platform: PS4
United States of America

Games

Gunslinger Badges

Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:18 am

ok, so how do you hip fire these things. I can't hit anything when I hip fire, but I watch YT videos and they can hip fire and hit enemies 100 meters out (obviously I am exaggerating, but not much ;) ) I have been trying the M1922 and the MG42 lately, but I just have not been having as much success with it as I do with the VGO. I know the VGO shoots slower, but I would think once the bipod is deployed they would both lock on.

So if you have any tips for hip firing these MMGs or even tips for running both the M1922 and MG42, let me know.
rambleon67
Level 1
Level 1

Games

Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:48 pm

Yeah - it's a bit of a desperation move at times. As long as you are aware when you are in close quarters and it is likely to be needed and somehow stop the aim-down-sights reflex it gets easier. If I think about it - I probably look like I start in someone's general direction then kind of spiral around until they are dead (or I am). It's purely an up close play. If you are mid-range then as long as you are moving carefully and paying attention to where and when to set up on the bipod you should be ok and not need to hip fire. The people doing long-range stuff are some sort of hip fire savants and I try not to model their play style otherwise I am signing up for a zero kill round.
BDNYY23
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Rank 10
Rank 10
Main Platform: PS4
United States of America

Games

Gunslinger Badges

Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:58 am

Maybe that is my issue, I have to avoid hitting the ADS. Will have to try that. I understand that with this weapon that I should be taking more of a defensive play style, but when you have to advance to capture the next point and encounter someone along the way, you sometimes can't get the bipod deployed. I typically try to keep my sidearm equipped while running, but sometimes I forget, it happens ;)
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin
Rank 11
Rank 11

Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:40 am

I usually end up switching to support when my team is kicking ass and holding down flags particularly on maps like fjell 652 or Twisted Steel. I find that if I start as support and we suck balls I’m just running around getting out gunned by assault players.

Which is weird because in Bad Company, BF3 and 4, I was able to run support no matter the situation. Just feels different here.
rambleon67
Level 1
Level 1

Games

Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:38 pm

Too often I end up joining a game and of course you come in 99% of the time on the losing side. Maybe just me and questionable skills but I find it really hard at that point to get going with a MMG as I enter with no feel for what is going on in the game yet. By that time the "squad" which could well be 4 solos are often scattered far and wide so figuring out how to best work myself into the game is tricky. Add to that the bipod requirement and I often end up switching over to something else until I figure out just what is going on in the game.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic