Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Battlefield - Franchise Discussion, Good Games, & Clan Info

Clan communications & game discussions for Battlefield games here.

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

Team Warkatz
Level 1
Level 1
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 4110

Games

Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:05 am

For assault class... I have been rocking the Tank Buster trait. For my rifle, that Gewher 43, 3x scope has been doing it for me. Secondary is 1911. Then tank mines, Panzerfaust, and that bundled anti tank nade. Usually this makes it pretty formidable. Thus far, I am on the verge of rank 18 for assault. Loving it... but now Recon is starting to cut into it. Overall level 12 on it. Already maxed out at 20 on both Medic & Support.

Team Warkatz
Level 1
Level 1
Discord: 4110

Games

Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:08 am

coolhandlewke wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:31 pm
i've been rolling with the sten so far, but will be branching out soon. my problem with the assault class is the default rocket launcher. its like trying to take down rhinos with a slingshot. even worse is the lack of splash damage against ground pounders. it seems very broken.

I have felt the same way, then started tossing that anti tank bundle, followed immediately by a panzefaust shot really does some major damage. If I get close enough too... drop a mine, and backup and shoot it/toss a nade usually does the whole trick.
BDNYY23
Rank 11
Rank 11
Main Platform: PS4
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:17 am

Not sure if anyone agrees, but the weapons that you get from running through the Tides of War Chapters each week have been great so far. I have been running the V60 since I unlocked that for Support and I love that gun. With the exception of not being able to hip fire, that thing is great once you get the bipod deployed. The Ribeyrolles for assault is a beast especially with the 3x scope and now the new medic gun has been great. I can finally kill people from a distance when running medic.

Granted, maybe I have been running the wrong weapons for these classes, but since unlocking these I haven't found a reason to change. Sometimes I will go back to the KE-7 for support, but for the most part, I have been running the V60 since unlocking it. What has everyone else's experience with the new weapons been, positive or just another gun for you?

As for game modes, I have been enjoying Squad Conquest when running with other GSers or my son. I find that running as a group can really have a significant effect on this game mode, only issue is that with the rare exception of a close game, most of the times it is a blow out if you are working and communicating, but the rounds are pretty quick.

Anything else new with the DLC or Tide's of war that have improved your experience with BFV or any negatives. I am really enjoying the game, just wish it would have taken off with GSers. I miss the good ole days with BF3 and BF4 where we would run multiple squads of GSers in a game, and many nights an entire team of GSers in BF3. I continue to play, many nights running solo with randoms, so if anyone wants to run anything, let me know - always looking forward to running with fellow GSers :D
Allen Kent Jr
Level 1
Level 1
United States of America

Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:53 am

Hello,
My name is Allen and I a looking to get to clans ingame with BF5. I used to play and I still feel some of the game we liked is waiting for us!! It is still a new game and it takes a while for things to get going.

The guns are fine, esp with the mods. DICE is great at putting these things together. The guns are more comfortable when adjusted.

See you ingame!
-JacktheKnight2
Allen Kent Jr
Level 1
Level 1
United States of America

Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:57 am

An interesting question! There are some great players with posts--thebrokenmachine is a great example!
-JtheK2
dunkaroo69
GS Advisor
GS Advisor
Rank 13
Rank 13
Discord: 8319

Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:39 am

I haven’t unlocked the medic gun from tides of war but I have picked up a v60 and agree that thing is amazing. As good as my blessed M249 from BF3 :)

I played Squad Conquest once but was by myself and the randoms were just terrible. If I had a group it might be more fun.

I heard there is a big update coming out tomorrow that is gonna fix a few things so fingers crossed matchmaking is one of them. I hate when I know I’m playing terribly and still getting top 3.

And I agree. Those days when we had full teams of GS were epic. I really miss those days when you could log in any time of day and find multiple slingers to game with. Shame I didn’t buy it on PS4 otherwise I’d run with you BD but the lack of a GS following on either system makes me leery of buying it for a different system.
stickler4dakilz
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Main Platform: PS4
Discord: 1461
United States of America

Games

Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:21 pm

Looking for BF5 PS4 players with mic to squad with.

Here's my info (this is how you know I've been a Gunslinger a LONG time, lol!):
PSN: xScar3dSnip3rx
TimeZone: Eastern USA (Indianapolis, Indiana)
Mic: Yes
Game Modes: I play TDM and Conquest modes
rambleon67
Level 2
Level 2
Discord: 3584

Games

Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:56 pm

New here. Older, casual XBox player - BF4, BFH, BF1 and now BFV.

To date I've always been a solo so generally my K/D stinks (currently a little underwater in BFV). Generally find myself joining servers on the losing side plus I figure as a solo I am expendable and take on some grunt tasks or risky plays if the benefit is there. When I see a tank ripping up our team I dedicate my next life to getting that tank off the field. Would like to see how the game differs when really working with others as opposed to trying to work alongside others with no real communication to PTO. Also, I have always been on the ground as I've never taken the time to get good in the air and figure I don't want to waste a plane when someone else would do far better (and as primarily and infantry guy I am thrilled that I don't have Little Birds killing me every 30 seconds in BFV).

Currently enjoying Frontlines and Breakthrough. The Squad Conquest seems great as well and hoping they decide to keep that one around (and expect it would be much improved with a little proper communication). Spent some time reading through your rules, posts, etc before joining. Like the idea of this group for older casuals. Generally play late in evening (US Central time) but sneak in during day on weekends some.

Current: Rank 20 in assault and support. Mid-teens in medic and recon.
rambleon67
Level 2
Level 2
Discord: 3584

Games

Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:00 pm

Gewehr 43 + 3X scope for maps with mid to long range engagements (Hamada for instance). M1907F + Nydar optic for close quarters and can stretch out to near mid-range if necessary (Devastation). Anti-tank gear on maps with opposing armor otherwise Piat plus sticky dynamite to toss through doors / over walls or rocks / take down structures.
GunslingerCoot
Rank 14
Rank 14
Discord: 6590

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:25 am

I'm going to add the ones I don't have , we need to get this going
Add me.......... my GT is........GunslingerCoot ......... Xbox1 8-)
Discord is...GunslingerCoot #6590 ;)

Feel free to add and Invite me when I'm online

Current games I'm Playing;
BFV
GTA5
COD CW
any COD
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic