Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

One week with Battlefield 5

Moderator: Trail Guides

dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin
Rank 11
Rank 11
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 8319

Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:40 am

I'm a Christmas noob and always will be. The bulk of my games come at this time of year since they make really great gifts for an old gamer like me :D

I've had Battlefield 5 now for almost a week and have been playing it almost every day since Christmas. I enjoy it quite a bit. It feels and plays very nicely, with hints of Bad Company 2 and even BF3 thrown in. The team play is great. I like the neutering of certain classes (like the medic getting an SMG) and I love that you really need to depend on your squad and team to get shit done. It's my favourite BF since 3 I think.

And that's why it makes me so angry.

The glitches and issues with this game grind my gears so much I sometimes want to uninstall and return it. It gets that frustrating sometimes. This is the buggiest mess since BF4 released. I had a round of conquest not start and instead it ended up with everyone running around playing an endless round of TDM until we got sick of it and all left. If I get a new gun I can't use it until I leave the game I'm in otherwise I get a warning message saying the loadout I have chosen is against the rules of the server. I watched an entire squad of people run through buildings like ghosts. I've gone prone and my legs stick out at strange angles. And on and on and on.

I really really want this game to work. When it does work, and things are going smoothly, it's one of the funnest MP games I've played in a while. But it's all overshadowed by the massive amount of bugs and glitches I've encountered.

What's everyone else think?

GunslingerCoot
Rank 14
Rank 14
Discord: 6590

Games

Gunslinger Badges

Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:21 pm

I second that! I normally run with the sniper class and stick to the outskirts of the map. I look down the scope and it gives the other team scope glare. Then I get picked off by a medic in the middle of the map with a hand gun! There are so many small bugs with this game and hoping in a short time they will iron them all out.
Add me.......... my GT is........GunslingerCoot ......... Xbox1 8-)
Discord is...GunslingerCoot #6590 ;)

Feel free to add and Invite me when I'm online

Current games I'm Playing;
BFV
RDR2
Forza 4
Sea of Thieves
BO4
APEX Legends
BDNYY23
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Rank 10
Rank 10
Main Platform: PS4
United States of America

Games

Gunslinger Badges

Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:20 am

I have been enjoying the game since release, my biggest issue is the lack of fellow GSers playing so I am running around solo or with randoms. Other than that I have really been enjoying the game and have not encountered the issues you have encountered. The biggest issued that I had was getting stuck in death screen after having the person reviving me get killed just as I was almost completely revived causing me to get stuck in the death screen with my only option being to force close the game (granted this was the first week of the game releasing).

Other than that, my biggest gripe is getting killed by someone that appears to one shot kill me when I am unloading on them and getting hit markers on them yet they turn fire once and I am dead. I don't typically change weapons mid game, especially not trying new unlocks mid game, so I have not encountered any of those issues.

I will stress that I am not the best at these games, for every 50/20 round I have
(occurring more lately thanks to you Christmas Noobs ;) ), I balance those out with a 12/15 round. Typically I am positive in the K/D, but I expect to have rounds where I go negative. I play the objective, try to resupply and revive teammates, but hope to kill at least one enemy each time I spawn before I die. I know those BF3 and BF4 players that were used to jumping into a tank and going 60/10 are upset that they can't do that in the newer games (BF1 and BFV), the only OP vehicle that I have seen in this game is if you are a good pilot you can dominate. Since I suck at flying and driving vehicles this does not affect me, I miss being able to jump in and repair the vehicles for the drivers while getting some kills in the process - other than that my boots are on the ground.

Hopefully they will get your bugs figured out, maybe it is just the fact that you are playing on the XBox and you need to come back to the PS4 ;)
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin
Rank 11
Rank 11

Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:30 am

Haha yeah maybe. Regarding the medic: is there a way to stop reviving mid revive? Last night I was going in for the revive, certain no one was around. I pressed the revive button just as I noticed an enemy coming through the door and blam! Would’ve been nice to stop the animation so I could have fired back.

And I agree. The total lack of GS players makes it kinda sad. Randoms have no clue what they’re doing.
BDNYY23
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Rank 10
Rank 10
United States of America

Games

Gunslinger Badges

Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:44 am

Yes, you can stop the revive by pressing the same button that starts the revive. On PS4 I believe it is the square button. I know you can stop it as I have done it way too many times on accident when I run over to revive and press square, if I don't see the revive animation start up immediately I start to spam the button only to watch the animation finally start and then stop. It is either that or I run over to start the revive only to pick up the weapon of the downed player (really hate that when it is a sniper rifle, though I can only imagine what the recon player is thinking when they now have to try to use a MMG ;) )
BDNYY23
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Rank 10
Rank 10
United States of America

Games

Gunslinger Badges

Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:46 am

On a side note, I do love the feature in BF1 and BFV that at least when playing with randoms if the squad leader is not marking objectives that you can become squad leader by simply requesting orders. If they don't issue an order within a minute or two you become the leader.
coolhandlewke
Rank 10
Rank 10

Games

Gunslinger Badges

Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:07 pm

i just got my ps4 copy from gamestop on monday, at my target price of $30. i'll look to join in on 1 of you 2 guys soon. as far as the game goes i'm loving it. the glitches don't seem any worse than i remember from previous bf releases.
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin
Rank 11
Rank 11

Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:14 pm

I’m on Xbox, just to clarify :)

I had the best match ever last night, even though I lost. Came in first, best medic, most flag captures, most defensive kills, levelled my mp40 up to level 6 all the way from level 2. Everything just felt right. Love the devestation map. My new fave.
coolhandlewke
Rank 10
Rank 10

Games

Gunslinger Badges

Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:25 pm

dunkaroo69 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:14 pm
I’m on Xbox, just to clarify :)

I had the best match ever last night, even though I lost. Came in first, best medic, most flag captures, most defensive kills, levelled my mp40 up to level 6 all the way from level 2. Everything just felt right. Love the devestation map. My new fave.
yep, i've got it on both consoles now. i love those games when everything feels dialed in. usually its right about when i have to quit for bed.
Faustus
Level 2
Level 2
Discord: 8253

Games

Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:12 pm

I'm leaving work in an hour to pick up the game... (PS4)

Have any of these bugs/issues been fixed since January?

Currently Playing Battlefield V on PS4
Looking to start Outward on PS4
PSN = Faustus2
Interests = Family, Reading Fantasy/Sci-Fi, Gardening, Writing, Surfing, Camping, Meditation, Dallas Cowboys Football, NY Islanders Hockey.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic