Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Xbox One vs Xbox One X

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

Pete Zapeye
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Main Platform: XboxOne

Games

Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:28 pm

Having just got an Xbox One X and a 4K HDR TV, I can echo what has been said above. It really is a next generation system. The graphics, speed, dynamic range...wow, it's amazing. I spent more than a couple BO4 matches, getting killed over and over because I found myself just admiring the textures and lighting.

I would caution however, that a decent 4K TV is part of that experience. You can't just get any old 4K TV. You want to make sure it has a wide color gamut, good HDR dynamic range (at least 500+ nits peak brightness) and also decent input lag. I went with the Samsung NU8000, which adds Freesync Variable Refresh rate, which the X Box One X Supports. If you don't match all those parameters, you're short changing yourself on what the X is capable of. Another good set (that's cheap) is the TCL 55R617 or 65R617. I'm in Canada so those sets aren't available to me (easily)

Babyboythegod
Level 6
Level 6
Discord: 0743

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:22 pm

Pete Zapeye wrote:
Having just got an Xbox One X and a 4K HDR TV, I can echo what has been said above. It really is a next generation system. The graphics, speed, dynamic range...wow, it's amazing. I spent more than a couple BO4 matches, getting killed over and over because I found myself just admiring the textures and lighting.

I would caution however, that a decent 4K TV is part of that experience. You can't just get any old 4K TV. You want to make sure it has a wide color gamut, good HDR dynamic range (at least 500+ nits peak brightness) and also decent input lag. I went with the Samsung NU8000, which adds Freesync Variable Refresh rate, which the X Box One X Supports. If you don't match all those parameters, you're short changing yourself on what the X is capable of. Another good set (that's cheap) is the TCL 55R617 or 65R617. I'm in Canada so those sets aren't available to me (easily)
I can attest to the TCL TV's. I have one of the newer models- looks great and the input lag is literally non existent.
Why be a king - when you can be a god
Thrasher RP
Rank 10
Rank 10

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:39 pm

Pete Zapeye wrote:

I currently have the Samsung KU6500, I think it would be good for the Xbox one X.
TOOTHLESS
Rank 10
Rank 10
Discord: 1682

Games

Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:29 am

I also have been looking at the Xbox one X but it's still €499.99 here new and €469.99 used, it's hard to separate with that money when the Xbox one original is working perfectly fine, who know Santa might be nice to me this Christmas, but I won't hold my breath.....
Xbox Live Gametag...GameCarnifex2
Discord...TOOTHLESS #1682
Steam...TOOTHLESS
FELL FREE TO ADD ME AND INVITE
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic