Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Controller disconnecting issues

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

Roguefrenzy
Level 3
Level 3
Main Platform: PS4
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:18 am

Maybe someone here will have some tips. Just got an Xbox One S over thanksgiving weekend. I had controller issues of it disconnecting but staying on when I finished setting upthe system and then after updating it again, the controller worked great for just over a week. Unfortunately, I’m back to the controller disconnecting. While staying lit up with power.

System is updated
Checked and made sure controller is updated
Changed the batteries to brand new out of the box Duracell’s, twice
Resynced the controller
I did a hard reset of the system

None of it works and with some time off coming up I’d really like to play games like Siege where I don’t loose the use of my controller right before breaching and getting rushed in a room.

When I get home tonight I’m going to turn off a Bluetooth transmitter I use on my record player and completely shut down my computer in case it’s trying to connect to those despite them both being in sleep mode.

I’m willing to try nearly anything haha after Christmas I might be able to get a new controller but I don’t want to buy one yet if it’s going to have the same issues.

Roguefrenzy
Level 3
Level 3
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:31 am

Disconnecting potential interference didn’t help.

What did help is I tried resyncing it again(I think).

First I pressed the sync button on the console, after it started blinking then I pressed it on the controller. After it started blinking fast I held the button on the controller, again, longer until it started blinking slower. After the Xbox quit searching and blinking (the controller is still blinking slowly) I pressed the sync buttons again on both the Xbox and the controller so they found each other.

Honestly I was mad and ready to throw the controller so I just kept holding buttons and cursing but this is the combination that worked haha. I was finally able to use it all night without it disconnecting.

Long read but for any gunslingers having this issue with the controller this may help, nobody wants a new to to not work.
Roguefrenzy
Level 3
Level 3
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:47 pm

Didn’t work. Had disconnecting issues last night while using Netflix and today disconnected just after loading siege. Must be technology’s way of telling me to stay with my ps4 lol
Cybro
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Discord: 1417

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:04 am

I had this issue and it turned out that a WiFi device was interfering with the controller.
The new Xbox one controller uses the 2.4ghz band. I forced all my devices, mobiles, smart thermostat, streaming devices etc on to the 5ghz band and it solved it for me.
I think the controller only uses Bluetooth on windows/steam.
"Great, kid! Don't get cocky"
Roguefrenzy
Level 3
Level 3
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:04 am

Thanks, I’m going to give that a try now that I all the Christmas celebrations are over haha. I got a second controller and an 8 foot cord so I can keep playing regardless haha. The bad thing is I live in a center unit in an apartment so it may not even be my wifi.

Any tips help though, thanks!
Cybro
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Discord: 1417

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:21 pm

Roguefrenzy wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:04 am
The bad thing is I live in a center unit in an apartment so it may not even be my wifi.
It will be a device close to the Xbox/controller. The lower power levels of your neighbors wifi shouldn't be a problem. Mine was probably the Chromecast stick I had in the TV or an old handset. It could most likely be an old b/g wifi device near your Xbox.
That USB cable should eliminate if the controller is at fault.
Good luck.
"Great, kid! Don't get cocky"
Roguefrenzy
Level 3
Level 3
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:48 am

Awesome , I didn’t know that! I’ll give my router a look over and switch signals.

Thanks for your help and I hope anyone else who has issues finds this useful or adds to it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic