Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

2/19 Highlights from today's Nintendo Direct

Highlights from today's Nintendo Direct

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

Bohicasnafu47
Level 2
Level 2
Main Platform: PS4

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:16 pm

Balki
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Level 2
Level 2
Main Platform: Switch
SMM2 ID: JGK-XP8-XWF

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:23 pm

Mario Maker 2!!! I had not seen any leaks about it so it was a big surprise. Super excited and look forward to playing and sharing levels with GS makers again!! Gonna be so much bigger and better this time around for sure.
Lucu
Level 1
Level 1
Discord: 1526
Canada

Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:05 am

Tetris 99 will likely be the only Battle Royale game that I will enjoy.

Was surprised that Platinum Game had another game coming out for the switch beside Bayonetta 3.

DQ11S is going to be nice with the ability to change from 16bit mode on the fly; since I was sad that the 3DS wasn't localised.
dunkaroo69
GS Advisor
GS Advisor
Rank 13
Rank 13
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 8319

Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:42 pm

Oh man, Mario Maker 2, are you serious. I wonder how that will play out on the Switch. It was so easy to build a level with the game pad on the U while looking at the TV screen, but without the ability to use the switch itself as a controller while you're watching TV I'm not sure how this will work. I don't want to build a level on my handheld switch and then plug it back into the dock so I can play it on my TV. Still a day one purchase for me :D
McMurphy
Founder
Founder
Rank 13
Rank 13
Discord: 3674
SMM2 ID: LPB-TX4-TYG
United States of America

Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:27 pm

I dare say that this was my favorite Nintendo Direct thus far. Before going any further, here is the Direct in full for those of you who haven't had a chance to enjoy it:

I just knew @Balki would love the Super Mario Maker 2 opening. I sure the hell did. Nintendo seems to be addressing all the biggest fan requests, and this is a MUST have for me. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 is also a must-have for me. I am liking everything I am seeing of it, and I played quite a bit of the first one (back on the PS2).

Also, as a huge and life-long Dragon Quest fan, I was pumped that so much time was spent on the series. I have even heard rumors that DQ characters will show up in Smash Bros. I hope that is true. Either way, I initially had promised myself that I wouldn't repurchase Dragon Quest XI after pumping over 130 hours into my PS4 copy, but now I am not so sure! I want to play the extra story portions of the supporting characters. If I do buy it, I may replay the game in retro feature, which is an excellent touch.

The Zelda remake is a must have for me, as well. During my short lived ownership of a Color Gameboy, that Zelda title became the first and only hand-held Link adventure I have completed. It has been decades since playing it, so I am totally ready to revisit the title.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic