Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

PSVR

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

Babyboythegod
Level 6
Level 6
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 0743

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:57 pm

Any owners of the PSVR here? I am most likely getting one for xmas, Firewall looks awesome!

Why be a king - when you can be a god
dunkaroo69
GS Advisor
GS Advisor
Rank 13
Rank 13
Discord: 8319

Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:34 am

I love my VR. Such an amazing piece of tech. Still gives me butterflies when I put it on. Money well spent in my opinion.
BDNYY23
Rank 11
Rank 11
Main Platform: PS4
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:28 am

Really considering picking up the VR bundle on BF for $250, just not sure that either of my PS4 setups will be good for VR as I am not sure that either offer enough space to play. Dunk, when you play the VR games, do you play seated or are you up and moving around? Also, you probably have a PS4 Pro, but have you tried the VR with the non-pro systems. I have been considering trading in one of my PS4's and picking up a pro, but without a definitive deadline on the PS5, I don't want to pay to upgrade if I won't have the system that long. Also, since neither of the TV's that I play on are 4k, not sure the benefits of the pro will be worth it, unless VR or any other games will run much better on the pro.
dunkaroo69
GS Advisor
GS Advisor
Rank 13
Rank 13
Discord: 8319

Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:01 am

Depends on the game. For something like Resident Evil, I'm standing and actually walking in place. It honestly helps with the motion sickness that can occur. For other games like the VR Worlds or something simple like that, I can sit for a lot of the games. However, sitting kinda defeats the purpose as it's meant to be a full 360-degree experience. When you're in the Shark Cage dropping down in the ocean, it's nice to look down at your feet and see a bottomless ocean :D

And yup, I've tried the VR on the regular PS4 and the PS4 Pro and I can say that the Pro really is a huge step up for the VR's performance. Games look nicer on VR on the Pro, they run smoother and load quicker. You won't get 4K HDR on the VR though, at least not to my knowledge, which is a real bummer. But with a PS5 looming, I'm sure it will come eventually.

On a side note, the PS4 Pro looks amazing on a standard 1080p tv. I tried it on the one downstairs to see what it would look like and games like Uncharted 4 and The Last of Us look ten times better on a 1080p screen with the pro than the standard PS4. The Pro also loads games faster. BF1 I am usually in game waiting for everyone else to load in. Ghost Recon Wildlands I'm also loaded into quicker. Destiny 2 I'm already starting the mission while everyone else is loading in. So yeah, many benefits to the upgrade. If you can get a 4K tv with HDR to pair with it (or an Xbox One X :D ) you'll see a vast improvement.
BDNYY23
Rank 11
Rank 11
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:02 pm

Thanks Dunk - as for load time, I replaced my drive with a hybrid and also use an external ssd for the games I play most, so that typically puts me in games faster as well. Really debating on the PS4 Pro, if I get the VR then I will definitely do it. Really wish I knew when the PS5 was coming out, most articles I have read were leaning towards 2020 or 2021, if that is the case then moving to the pro now makes sense, but if it is coming out next year then not sure it would be worth the upgrade. Too many decisions, but thanks for the info.
Babyboythegod
Level 6
Level 6
Discord: 0743

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:09 pm

Dunk- maybe we can play firewall when I get it then! I have the original PS4 as well. I do not know if I want to pick up the pro just for the VR. Yes I have a 4K tv but I have an xbox one X for that. I know it's a little better, but I don't see the Pro that much of an improvement over the original PS4 to justify getting it.

What I most likely will do is just enjoy the VR and the ps4 with what I have now, then when the new system drops I can really see the difference lol. VR2 or whatever will probably be out by then but older me can deal with that decision.
Why be a king - when you can be a god
Bohicasnafu47
Level 2
Level 2

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:47 pm

I have it and a handful of games but don't use it as often as I should. It hasn't paid for itself yet and I got it a few days after release.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic