Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Happy Halloween, Gunslingers!

Post your Halloween plans & spooky games of choice here!

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

McMurphy
Founder
Founder
Rank 13
Rank 13
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674
SMM2 ID: LPB-TX4-TYG
United States of America

Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:04 pm

HAPPY HALLOWEEN, GUNSLINGERS!

Halloween is one of our favorite holidays around these parts, so, if you are new to the group (thank you for joining, by the way), let me point you towards a few Halloween flairs we add to the Gunslingers site experience.

Forum Banner Image - The forum banner has been temporarily swapped out as a ghastly nod to the season.

Halloween Avatar Gallery - Visit the "Edit Avatar" section of your User Control Panel and select the "Halloween" category from the Gallery option to get your profile image in the spirit of holiday...or upload your own!

Vampire Bat Cursor - For desktop users only. A vampire bat now follows your cursor around as you explore the index view of our forums. I know, I know. You are probably thinking that flare feels very "Angelfire" or "MySpace" of me. Agreed. And it makes me laugh. :twisted:

Post Your 2020 Halloween Experiences to this Topic! - Whether it is an image of pumpkin carvings, costumes, spooky decorations, or even scary game recommendations to play on Halloween, share it in a reply here! People who reply to share in the spooky spirit will receive a "I Survived Halloween 2020" badge to their forum account! For example, we got our fireplace decorated for the occasion this year:

If there are additional Halloween news in the GS realm, it will be announced here, so keep checking back and sharing your experiences with your fellow slingers!

Rapidkirby3k
Level 4
Level 4
Discord: 0875

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:21 pm

Have a safe Halloween, GS*ers! ;)

I really don't have much to say, but I used to be a mailman for Halloween when I was a wee kid. Fun times! :D

As for Halloween, I'm thinking about watching some horror movies on Blu-Ray and DVD. Does anyone remember Event Horizon or The Relic?
dunkaroo69
GS Advisor
GS Advisor
Rank 13
Rank 13
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 8319

Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:05 am

My town is all but shut down this Halloween due to covid, so we'll just be getting a couple of boxes of candy, dressing up in costumes, and watching a boatload of horror movies :D

Hope everyone has a safe and happy Halloween!!!
McMurphy
Founder
Founder
Rank 13
Rank 13
United States of America

Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:58 pm

What media have you been indulging in lately due to the Halloween mood?

For me, I wrapped up watching the entire series (three seasons) of One Step Beyond that ran from 1959 to 1961. It debuted a year before the original Twilight Zone run and is of the same vein. Pretty good. Not Twilight Zone good. But nice and campy.

[Example episode]

After that, I burned through the mini series, The Haunting of Bly Manor, which is new this month on Netflix. If you watched The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix last Halloween season, it of the same creative team. Really good. Not as spooky as Hill House, but they do more with the narrative. Recommended!

[Trailer]

Now, via the ShoutTV app, I am watching the 2010 version of Elvira's Movie Macabre series. Talk about a guilty pleasure. Almost embarrassingly so. But it is perfect for some pumpkin scented cheese.

[Excerpt]

Lastly, I've been playing Luigi's Haunted Mansion 3 on the Nintendo Switch with my five year old son. He is just getting old enough to want to play games with dad. The game has a really good co-op feature, and, if you are playing with a child, having them play as the "Goougi" is perfect since they can never "die." Rated E, and kid friendly spooky.

[Trailer]
McMurphy
Founder
Founder
Rank 13
Rank 13
United States of America

Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:53 pm

For the entire Halloween week (Oct 25th to Oct 31st), we are featuring a Trick-or-Treating bot in the Gunslingers Discord server!

Here is the official description from the developer:
Once you add our Halloween bot to your server, 40 unique trick-or-treaters will start knockin’ on your door for some sweet treats. Don’t worry, they’re not actual random people joining!

It’s a game based on speed, with whoever giving a trick or treat to the guest first receiving an item for their game inventory. The items to collect range from common trinkets such as Hairball🙀 to ultra-rare collectibles like a Miniature Crown👑.

The bot can show a scoreboard of who’s closest to completing their collection of trick-or-treat prizes, and whoever has the most items in your server will be given a special role called the “Champion of Halloween!”

Only one person can have this role, so gather some more items and take their orange crown from them!
Here are the ever important COMMANDS used to play:
  • h!trick or h!treat = When someone arrives at your door, give ‘em a treat (or trick)!
  • h!inventory = Shows you all the collectibles you’ve gathered.
  • h!leaderboard or h!scoreboard = Displays the scores of how your server members are performing.
  • h!help = Provides a list of commands that Trick’cor Treat offers, just like the one you’re reading right now.
  • h!support = Brings you to the Trick’cord Treat Help Center article.
Have fun! :twisted:
McMurphy
Founder
Founder
Rank 13
Rank 13
United States of America

Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:04 pm

We survived Halloween 2020! The Trick-or-Treat Bot in chat was a big hit, and the final scoreboard of the event is copied below:

Congrats to @nighthawk7892, @Sophie, and @Sosyc for tying or first place! I do believe I heard some sort of truce was called by the end. ;) Either way, all three of them will get "I Survived Halloween 2020" flares on their GS forum accounts.

For anyone who missed out on the event, don't worry. Check back because we fully intend to do more events like these in Discord!
Sosyc
Level 1
Level 1
Main Platform: PC
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:38 pm

Yay!
McMurphy
Founder
Founder
Rank 13
Rank 13
United States of America

Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:51 am

Instead of dusting of the cobwebs of this topic, let's celebrate them!

Halloween 2022 is approaching. What are your Halloween plans? Spooky games of choice?

I do plan on seeing a double feature of some vintage horror in the theaters.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic