Login with a social network:

New Here, Older Gamer

Introduce yourself! Let the rest of the community get to know you, and there is
no quicker way than to start a post in this forum.

New Here, Older Gamer

Postby Robudda » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:43 am

I am 46 and got back into gaming to hang out with my sons and step son now that they are out of the house and have busy lives. I play RB6 Siege with them (Playing for about 2 months on PS4 and PC. Just got Bronze 1 for my first ranking on PS4) I also play Fortnite with my oldest as that is his favorite game right now. I squad with my boys and their friends when we can get almost full to full squads, as I have already ran into to many trolls, and they make my time when trying to play on random teams unbearable. I caught myself not ignoring the other day and being brought into participating in Toxic talk back when I just had enough. And I felt low, very low. I am all for fun smack talk amongst friends and family, but this caused me to decide never again to play with randoms.

I am not great and learning keyboard and mouse again after many years of consoles. I am looking for fun people to play and definitely want to learn more map knowledge.

Games I play:
RB6 Siege (Playing 2 months, Need to learn map knowledge)
Fortnite (Horrible at building)
Escape from Tarqov (Just started)
Scum (Just Started)
Guild Wars 2 (Just Started)

PSN-ID: Robudds
UBisoft ID: Robudda

Thanks,
Rob

View my Games
Robudda
Green Horn

Games: 1
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Re: New Here, Older Gamer

Postby bdnyy23 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:43 am

Welcome to GS! Looks like you have a few posts to your name already, so hopefully you have found the masterlists and have begun adding yourself to them. After that, it is sending out those friend requests (include that you are a new GSer) - suggestion would be to add some of the most recent additions to the list as well as some of the earlier names. Hopefully the names at the top of the lists for your games are still active, if not you will still be adding GSers to your friends list ;)

You have me by only a couple years in age, and it sounds like your kids are a bit older than mine (oldest is only 17) but I appreciate trying to game with them. Personally, it is starting to make me feel older playing now with my 14-year-old as he has gotten so much better than me, I definitely don't have to worry about letting him win anymore.
I don't play the games that you are currently playing (I am on the PS4), but if you ever pick up any games and see me playing, feel free to send me an invite.

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, Destiny 2
View my Games
bdnyy23
Sony Leader
Sony Leader

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Games: 14

Re: New Here, Older Gamer

Postby Robudda » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:24 pm

Thanks bdnyy23. I will definitely start adding people. My Youngest just started college this year. He is trying out Saturday for the College Esports team. I used to make my kids say I was the best player in all the land (in reality it was just the best in the house) then they got older and way better. I got older and worse eye sight and slow reflexes. LOL

View my Games
Robudda
Green Horn

Games: 1

Return to Introductions