Login with a social network:

Anyone playing battlefield 5

Come and share your views with other members about the PS4, PS3, and the Vita here.

Anyone playing battlefield 5

Postby athos1974 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:54 am

Picked up the pre-order and have been trying to get used to playing battlefield after skipping battlefield 1. They've changed this game a lot! I like the more focus on squad play. Makes it harder to play the game if you're not coordinating, but firing the weapons is a whole different story. I was never great at battlefield 4, but I got the hang of it. Guess I'm back to square one at learning to play this type of game again. Lol! Anyone interested in jumping in and having some fun just let me know.

View my Games
athos1974
Stable Hand

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Games: 5
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Re: Anyone playing battlefield 5

Postby GrouchyGran » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:29 am

I might pick it up after Christmas but I'll be playing on the XB1.

View my Games
GrouchyGran
Microsoft Leader
Microsoft Leader

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Games: 12
Main Platform: XboxOne

Postby bdnyy23 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:29 am

I did preorder for the PS4 and plan on playing it a lot when it comes out (though the delayed release may affect that some with Fallout also coming out in November). Played a few hours of the Beta on the weekend and though it has issues, I did enjoy getting back into BF.

I played a lot of BF3, BF4 and a decent amount of BF1 (though haven't played in a few months). I have never been the best at them as I just can't seem to shoot straight when someone is shooting back at me, and this game is definitely worse. The starting guns for Medic and Support were not very good, but I did have better success with some of the later unlocks. You definitely need to play this game with a squad, and more important is a squad that is working and communicating with each other. I played Saturday night for a couple hours with fellow GSers and Sunday night with my son and enjoyed both. There are definitely issues with the game, including bugs and other gameplay issues, but to me it is Battlefield and as long as I am playing with other GSers or someone to work with I can see myself playing it quite a lot.

On that note, I can see other BF veterans having issues with the game, hopefully that will not prevent them from picking it up and playing as I never really enjoyed any of the BF games when playing solo or with randoms. I should be on for a couple hours tonight (probably 8-10 est), so if you want to squad up for a few rounds send me an invite. If I don't see many people on I may focus on Destiny, but would like to get in a little more time with the Beta before it ends.

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, Destiny 2
View my Games
bdnyy23
Sony Leader
Sony Leader

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Games: 14
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby dunkaroo69 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:01 pm

I’ve been playing it on Xbox and so far I like what I’ve seen. Still able to get to first place just by cappin flags and reviving folks so win win for me. Few things I don’t like (spotting is kinda retarded now) and a few things I love (ammo crates so you don’t need to wait for idiot support players to drop some bullets) and others that I just don’t know what EA and dice were thinking (calling for help makes me bleed out faster than the actual skip revive and bleed out button). Definitely grabbing it on Xbox at launch and will grab it on ps4 after Christmas.

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, The Division, Battlefield 1, Call of Duty WWII, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Games: 45
Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (1)
Main Platform: XboxOne

Return to Sony