Login with a social network:

b0ts in the GS Discord

The forum is here to give our members a chance to showcase their creativity, whether they write music, do graphic arts, or write literature!

b0ts in the GS Discord

Postby DrNiggle » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:40 pm

There’s a discussion going on about the #Saloon on Discord. Some mods have compared it to a pub; you can go in and sit at the bar and watch TV, or sit at a table and shoot the shit with your friends. The discussion is about the bots and how they’re sort of the equivalent of the TV coming over to your table and interrupting you and your friends.

No one wants to get rid of the bots, just move them to #GS-Feed or #GS-Announce, so that the saloon can go back to being for members discussions, free of bot interruptions. I’m a featured broadcaster, and the NowLive bot announces my streams. I don’t have a problem moving the bots over one room, in fact I kind of see why it’s a good idea.

If other featured broadcasters could post here and say they’re cool with the bots being moved, it would mean a lot to the people who are trying to bring back member discussions in the Discord #Saloon. If you think otherwise, let’s talk about it here.

Thanks

Want to have an adventure? PM me or find me in game!

I'm currently playing Diablo III, GTA V
View my Games
DrNiggle
Featured Broadcaster
Featured Broadcaster

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Games: 14
Blog: View Blog (11)
Main Platform: PC
Discord: 6574
Tagsbots discord saloon

Re: b0ts in the GS Discord

Postby gobi42 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:45 am

well they have had a week to respond and after being tagged in the saloon on discord and posting here, none of them have voiced their opions, so what about the rest of the members what are your thoughts on this matter.

I'm currently playing Division, Dying Light, GTA V, Gears of War 4, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, Mass Effect Andromeda, Titanfall 2, Gears of War 4
View my Games
gobi42
PC Leader
PC Leader

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Games: 53
Blog: View Blog (8)
Main Platform: PC
Discord: 0420

Re: b0ts in the GS Discord

Postby Mr. Fluffy » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:18 pm

I agree that the Now Live bot posts are intrusive and detracts from the conversations. The largest problem is that the bot posts are gigantic. One Now Live bot post takes up the entire screen on mobile, and two posts takes up the entire screen on desktop. Worse is when you have actual discussion flanked by 2 bot posts. Anything that shows up in between bot posts are essentially lost, because most people's tendencies are to just scroll past from the first bot post through the last one.

As a side note, and without naming names, I feel like the interaction between streamers and the GS community could be better on Discord and the forums. I know there are maybe 2 or 3 streamers who do post and talk with us little folks on the Discord regularly, but there is a handful of other streamers who I become aware of solely through the Now Live bot posts. Some of the streamers being advertised on Now Live I don't think I've ever seen actually chat on Discord. I mean, this forum post has gotten zero replies.

Which leads me to my suggestion. Why not just get rid of the bot altogether? If the streamers want to let us know that a stream is about to go up, why not just stop by Discord and let us know yourselves? You don't need to spend a ton of time chatting before a stream or anything. It takes less than a minute to stop by, say hi, and post a link. Bots are so impersonal and I personally would much rather hear it from the streamer.

Thanks for taking the time to hear me out.

View my Games
Mr. Fluffy
Dry Goods Merchant

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Games: 2
Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Return to GS Creative Corner