Login with a social network:

Monster Hunter: World PC

Forget the gaming consoles. Your personal computer has always been where you spend your time. Talk about your PC ventures here.

Monster Hunter: World PC

Postby nineromega » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:02 pm

Anybody else out there excited for MH:World on PC?

My only delve into the franchise was MH 3: Ultimate on Wii U, so my experience with the franchise is very limited.

Hoping to see some other GS'ers out there, so we can band together and take down some behemoths!
:australia: :codthumbsup: SW-5580-5753-0614
Currently playing: Monster Hunter: World PC, Madden 19 - PC

View my Games
nineromega
Cowpoke

Games: 8
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 1656

Re: Monster Hunter: World PC

Postby gobi42 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:35 pm

I know there are a couple of GS members that picked it up, might want to check the discord channel. I know Moist and fluffy picked it up and plays it for sure on PC. I passed on it as it's not really my thing, i probably would have gotten it if it had came out at the same time as the other systems, but there are too many games coming out in the next few months that i will be playing i couldn't justify getting this one, maybe if it goes on a deep sale i'll think about it but other than that i doubt i will be picking it up. But i would stop by the GS discord channel and check out the monster hunter sub channel.

I'm currently playing Division, Dying Light, GTA V, Gears of War 4, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, Mass Effect Andromeda, Titanfall 2, Gears of War 4
View my Games
gobi42
PC Leader
PC Leader

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Games: 53
Blog: View Blog (8)
Main Platform: PC
Discord: 0420

Postby nineromega » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:40 pm

Hey Gobi,

You know what, I didn't even think to check out our MH discord channel, lol. Thanks for that!
:oops: :mrgreen:

View my Games
nineromega
Cowpoke

Postby Mr. Fluffy » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:38 pm

I haven't checked the forums in forever since joining the Discord.

Yeah, I got it for PC and been playing. Not much activity on the MH channel in Discord, I'm thinking not many people picked it up for PC (probably already played too much on PS4 or Xbox, one downside of having the PC release so delayed compared to consoles).

Doesn't help that it has 40% positive (Mixed) reviews on Steam. I'm not getting any of the issues being complained about (knock on wood) and I play using a controller (so the messed up mouse controls don't bother me), so I'd give it my thumbs up, for sure.

View my Games
Mr. Fluffy
Dry Goods Merchant

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Games: 2
Highscores: 2
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby nineromega » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:49 pm

I've really been enjoying it.

I have however been effected by the connection issues. I am yet to try this apparent fix which has something to do with the new steam friends UI, but I am not convinced. Sometimes I can play for hours with no problems, other times I am forced to play solo as I cannot connect to a single server.

I also am using a controller. The game plays fantastically!

I hope they can fix the connectivity issues soon, this game deserves a good score.

View my Games
nineromega
Cowpoke

Postby Mr. Fluffy » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:10 pm

nineromega wrote:
I have however been effected by the connection issues. I am yet to try this apparent fix which has something to do with the new steam friends UI, but I am not convinced. Sometimes I can play for hours with no problems, other times I am forced to play solo as I cannot connect to a single server.

I've been lucky so far (knock on wood), though I've been mostly grouping up with RL friends in private sessions (where you have to type in a session ID), so maybe that makes a difference? I also typically play during off-peak times according to Steam Charts, so maybe that has something to do with it. But, one of us still occasionally will get hit with the disconnect bug and requires a restart of the game and online session to resolve (affects one person about once every other night). None of us have tried any of the "fixes" floating around the internet, I'm not sure if those fixes would make a difference.

nineromega wrote:
I hope they can fix the connectivity issues soon, this game deserves a good score.

I agree. Game is excellent and can always use more people!

View my Games
Mr. Fluffy
Dry Goods Merchant

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Postby MisterYoda » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:51 am

I cruised in to see if anyone does play the game. I know a few GS mates do. Guess I will need to find who is active in this game. Level 12 HR already, but that is because I play in the Japan time zone and they carry me.
RLGORMORTIS wrote:Unless your team has an unstoppable yoda with a cowardly rlgor hiding in his shadows.

dunkaroo69 wrote:lol, "Yoda: Making 12 year olds cry since 2001" :P
MisterYoda
2012 COD: MW3 Champion (PS3)
2012 COD: MW3 Champion (PS3)

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby Mr. Fluffy » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:55 pm

MisterYoda wrote:I cruised in to see if anyone does play the game. I know a few GS mates do. Guess I will need to find who is active in this game. Level 12 HR already, but that is because I play in the Japan time zone and they carry me.

I'm playing, but slow going. I just made it to high rank the other night (HR11), slowly working my way through the story. My game time is variable, but usually some time between 2AM and 5AM UTC.

If anyone plays during those times, we should coordinate something for sure, just let me know.

View my Games
Mr. Fluffy
Dry Goods Merchant

Postby Mr. Fluffy » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:46 am

I finally made it to the HR 29 cap. I'd ask if anyone is still playing, but Monster Hunter is the kind of game that would be silly if you were to quit so soon.

Drop me a message if anyone wants to group up.

View my Games
Mr. Fluffy
Dry Goods Merchant

Return to PC Gaming