Bought Switch for my kids Bday... But how is it for me?

Discuss the Switch, Wii U, 3DS, and the Wii here!

Bought Switch for my kids Bday... But how is it for me?

Postby Geckits4301 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:52 am

Hello all,

Obviously beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I'm curious everyone's take on this system?

I purchased this for my sons upcoming Bday and am wondering if this is something that you folks are enjoying? To give some specifics and hopefully get some valid input, I'm a huge online gamer. Almost all of my gaming is on XBL with other GS members.

The reviews I've read regarding Switches online services seems to be all negative. Other than Zelda, I'd really like to play multiplayer games for the most part. Tennis, Mariokart and a few others seem particularly interesting.

Is there any input good, bad or indifferent that you kind folks wouldn't mind sharing regarding your thoughts on this system?

Thanks.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/willy_welfare - Social Club profile

https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Profile?gamertag=willy%20welfare - XBL profile
Geckits4301
Rancher

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: XboxOne

Re: Bought Switch for my kids Bday... But how is it for me?

Postby Korchie » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:11 am

dammit.. I made a post and wasn't signed in, and now it's gone.

Fortnite is pretty cool on the Switch. It just feels right. I wish I could play it at work, but it won't connect the the fancy WiFi there.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is awesome.... I would imagine it would be especially awesome if you didn't already play on WiiU. It's got a few new features that are cool with battles and stuff. Looks amazing. It is definitely a well-made, high quality game. We do some Frosty Pints events on Fridays sometimes with MK8D. They're always a blast 8D.

People generally love Splatoon. I have it, but I suck at it... so I don't play much. But, you definitely might want to look into it if you want good online play. Skip all sorts of Nintendo voice chat and use Discord.

There's some great indie games as well.. but they're mostly all available on XBL/PSN/PC.

The portability is definitely a plus though.
:somerandr: Image

I'm currently playing Overwatch, Fortnite, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
View my Games
Korchie
Quick Thumbs

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Games: 4
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 9370

Postby Merky Water » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:45 pm

I love my shooters on the Switch. Ones with motion(tilt) control options are especially fun for me. Specifically Splatoon 2 and DOOM. Fortnite can be fun too. Certainly fun teamwork but I think it could do well to get a motion control addition patch like DOOM caught.

Racers like MK8D and Fast Rmx are a great time. Rocket League is also fun to play on-the-go with buddies on PC and Xbox.

Zelda BotW is worth every penny as is it's DLC. Mario Odyssey is also a nice new take on an old favorite.

ARMS is some good fun for the whole family. Let the kids hit each other without needing to waste a good steak on their blackeyes.

I haven't picked up Mario Tennis yet but it's high on my wishlist.

I feel like I'm forgetting something big but just can't place it. Anyhow, Morphies Law is the upcoming title I'm most anxious for atm. But who knows, maybe Smash will take that title after tomorrow's Direct

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, ARMS, DOOM, FAST rmx, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Rocket League, Splatoon 2, Need for Speed: Most Wanted
View my Games
Merky Water
Nintendo Leader and Yoshi Champion
Nintendo Leader and Yoshi Champion

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Games: 42
Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (5)
Discord: 6083

Postby nineromega » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:57 pm

I can't speak highly enough of the Switch as a gaming system.

It's library is growing everyday, as well as the player base. You won't have any issues finding other people to play MP games with.

As other have already stated, MK8D is a must for MP gaming on the Switch. As Korchie said, Splatoon 2 is a cool game, I am also very average at, but it is fun none-the-less.

The online service is a bit hit and miss at this stage. As stated, just stick clear of the app and use Discord to talk to other users and you will have no problems!
:australia: :codthumbsup: SW-5580-5753-0614
Currently playing: Monster Hunter: World PC, Madden 19 - PC

View my Games
nineromega
Cowpoke

Games: 8
Discord: 1656

Postby LawnGnomer 6 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:43 am

if you like the series or game style Breath of the Wild was awesome.
“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” ~Terry Pratchett
LawnGnomer 6
Nomad

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Games: 12
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 7190

Return to Nintendo