Login with a social network:

Newbie alert

Discuss the Switch, Wii U, 3DS, and the Wii here!

Newbie alert

Postby LawnGnomer 6 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:21 pm

Finally upgraded from the u. I have breath of the wild and splatoon 2 so far which other titles should I check out?
“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” ~Terry Pratchett
LawnGnomer 6
Microsoft Leader
Microsoft Leader

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Games: 12
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 7190

Re: Newbie alert

Postby dunkaroo69 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:41 pm

Welcome to the Switch, buddy. My library for it is nowhere near up to par (though that's gonna be changing hopefully soon) but I highly recommend Mario Odyssey. Great game.

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, The Division, Battlefield 1, Call of Duty WWII, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 45
Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby McMurphy » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:24 pm

LawnGnomer 6 wrote:Finally upgraded from the u. I have breath of the wild and splatoon 2 so far which other titles should I check out?

Whoa-hoo! Welcome back to the mushroom side! :D

Based on your past purchases on other consoles, I would recommend the following well received Switch titles:

Because you bought Mass Effect & Diablo 3, I would recommend Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Because you bought Diablo 3 & Halo, I would recommend DOOM (motion control bonus!).

Because you bought God of War, I would recommend Bayonetta 2.

Because you have bought first person shooters in general, I would recommend Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (motion control bonus!).

And, of course, I echo Dunk's suggestions of Splatoon 2 and Super Mario Odyssey.

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, DOOM, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Resident Evil Revelations 2, Rocket League
View my Games
McMurphy
Site Admin
Site Admin

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Games: 69
Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (4)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674

Postby LawnGnomer 6 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:40 pm

Thanks guys, I have been eyeing Mario... looks good, does doom have multiplayer at all?
“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” ~Terry Pratchett
LawnGnomer 6
Microsoft Leader
Microsoft Leader

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Games: 12
Blog: View Blog (0)
Discord: 7190

Postby Merky Water » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:16 pm

Yessir. DOOM has a fun fast paces multiplayer. Tilt control is optional but, personally, i think it's the best way to play.

On top of the titles these cats listed, I'd also recommend scooping up Rocket League and Riptide GP: Renegade if it's still on sale.

If you're into puzzlers, I also recommend Snipper Clips and Human Fall Flat

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, ARMS, DOOM, FAST rmx, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Rocket League, Splatoon 2, Need for Speed: Most Wanted
View my Games
Merky Water
Nintendo Leader and Yoshi Champion
Nintendo Leader and Yoshi Champion

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Games: 41
Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (5)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 6083

Return to Nintendo