Login with a social network:

Sea Of Thieves anyone?

Forget the gaming consoles. Your personal computer has always been where you spend your time. Talk about your PC ventures here.

Sea Of Thieves anyone?

Postby OxygenDesperado » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:36 pm

just wondering if anyone was playing this game on PC
OxygenDesperado
Cowpoke

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: PC

Re: Sea Of Thieves anyone?

Postby nineromega » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:03 pm

I really love the look of this game. But I think that is where it ends. The game looks like an Alpha build, it just seems devoid of any signs of a finished game?
:australia: :codthumbsup: SW-5580-5753-0614

View my Games
nineromega
Stable Hand

Games: 7
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 1656

Postby coolhandlewke » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:53 am

sadly you are right, at least initially. this article sums it up perfectly, although i have faith that they plan to build on the experience asap. they, and xbox, have too much at stake with this highly touted exclusive. i am just a little disappointed that they didn't do more out of the gate.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin ... 20b9e126be
your thread brings up a whole new shortcoming that they need to address. sure, this game seems to seamlessly allow pc players to play alongside xbox players, but how do we connect as friends? as an xbox live customer i can't have steam customers on my friends list, so how do i crew up with pc players? the whole crew mechanism seems like something from a 20 year old game. i can be invited into a game, but i can't join on a friend with an open spot on their ship. if they've set sail with a 3 man galleon crew they can't expand to 4 players without restarting the game. why can't they simply change on the fly? being so new i could be missing some of the mechanisms, but i doubt it.
this game has the early look of a title that sputters out of the gate, and will be a completely different experience for those picking it up 6 months from now.
coolhandlewke
Snake Oil Salesman

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby robaco78 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:01 pm

this game seems to seamlessly allow pc players to play alongside xbox players, but how do we connect as friends? as an xbox live customer i can't have steam customers on my friends list, so how do i crew up with pc players?

This game isn't sold on Steam, you can only get it from the Microsoft store. If you link your XBox live account with your PC then you can have your friends list on your PC and even use private chat and all the stuff you can do on the Xbox. I play this game on my PC and connect to my XBox friends with no issues.
Gamertag = GRAFFIX

View my Games
robaco78
Dude

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Games: 1
Main Platform: PC

Postby coolhandlewke » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:16 am

thats good to know, thanks.
coolhandlewke
Snake Oil Salesman

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Postby Fed Architect » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:14 pm

I love this game but I am also one of those people that don't need a ton of unlocks to enjoy it. With that being said, you will have to be willing to just make your own fun, at points. This game is not on rails and will not guide you in any direction other than telling where to go for a specific voyage. Cross play with PC works just fine. Played with a PC player while I was on Xbox just the other day and it worked perfectly. We didn't try to do a party chat thing, just left it as game chat.

The game is DEFINITELY NOT for everyone! Just saying.
Xbox Live Fed Architect
PSN Fed_Architect
Steam: Fed_Architect
Twitter: @Fed_Architect
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/FedArchitect

View my Games
Fed Architect
Jesse James

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Games: 8
Highscores: 1

Return to PC Gaming