Login with a social network:

Nintendo Direct coming tomorrow! (March 8th)

Discuss the Switch, Wii U, 3DS, and the Wii here!

Nintendo Direct coming tomorrow! (March 8th)

Postby Merky Water » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:30 am

That's right Nintendo fans, we've got another Nintendo Direct en route! Set your alarms

I'm really looking forward to Mario Tennis Aces and anxious to hear what else is in the pipe. *Fingers crossed Morphies Law is releasing soon*

source: Nintendo

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, ARMS, DOOM, FAST rmx, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Rocket League, Splatoon 2, Need for Speed: Most Wanted
View my Games
Merky Water
Nintendo Leader and Yoshi Champion

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Games: 41
Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (5)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 6083
TagsNintendo Direct, Nintendo, 3DS, Switch, Mario Tennis Aces

Re: Nintendo Direct coming tomorrow! (March 8th)

Postby McMurphy » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:10 pm

In case you all missed it, here is the latest Nintendo Direct. Take a look before scrolling down since I will mention a few spoilers.

I thought the Direct was pretty good once I waited through the 3DS announcements that now just seem awfully out of date. I am most excited to see so many third party treats right around the corner. Dark Souls is not my type of game, but I know that title will make some of our members quite happy to play. I am also really happy and surprised to see the Crash Bandicoot trilogy show up on the Switch. I already picked it up on the PS4, but, if you don't already have that collection on another system, I highly recommend it! The newest South Park game is coming to the Switch? Sweet! Now, I am glad I waited to pick up this game. I am getting it for sure.

All the first party announcements are great to see, too. I am not planning on buying Smash Bros game again, but that was one fantastic reveal title!

Your thoughts?

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, DOOM, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Resident Evil Revelations 2, Rocket League
View my Games
McMurphy
Site Admin
Site Admin

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Games: 68
Blog: View Blog (4)
Discord: 3674

Postby dunkaroo69 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:26 pm

Dark Souls looked like it was running super slow to me. Like 10-20 fps slow, so not sure about that. I'll have to keep an eye on it, see if it can maintain at least 30 before I pick it up. Being one of those games where timing is very VERY important, I need a steady frame rate to play it. Even DS 3 on PS4 Pro had some areas that made it slow to a crawl.

Crash Bandicoot on Ninty just blew my mind. Will definitely grab it on the Switch for sure. South Park I already own on Xbox and don't really see a reason to pick it up again, but for those that don't already own it, it's a great game and is worth checking out. Little Nightmares looked pretty cool to me. Like Limbo but in color. Will probably pick it up to.

As for the exclusives... Mario Tennis, yes please!!! Can't wait for that. Captain Toad is back too??!! Awesome, will definitely grab that. Was hoping they would announce some sort of online capabilities for Hyrule Warriors. The lack of it was the only thing that kept me from buying the first one on the U. Will definitely pass on Smash Bros. Just not my type of game. Might pick up Kirby All Stars. Not sure yet.

All in all, great Direct. Got me really excited for some up coming titles.

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, The Division, Battlefield 1, Call of Duty WWII, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 45
Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (1)
Main Platform: XboxOne

Postby Merky Water » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:54 pm

I'll certainly be checking Dark Souls out during the network test. From there, I'll better know if I'm picking it up or not. Amiibo looks cool.

I played through the Kirby demo. While it's fun, I just don't think I'd play it long enough to get my money's worth.

Mario Tennis Aces looks great! Sadly, I've recently begun a feud with Nintendo over the poor exchange rate from the past year's MyNintendo gold points from Switch purchases. Until that's resolved, I've promised them I won't be buying any first party titles. Fingers crossed they get their act together soon. Cool that this game will get a network test. I'll hop on and make sure they don't get some crazy notion like region locking multiplayer.

Undertale looks intriguing. Not usually my genre but I applaud the creativity. Whenever it comes to the Switch, I'll nab it.

Crash is a definite. Looking forward to those fun times.

Little Nightmares looks like a fun puzzle game. I'll scoop it up.

The Splatoon 2 DLC looks fantastic! Really hoping Nintendo adjusts our points so I can get these things as they release.

Luigi's Mansion would be high on my list ...if it was coming to the Switch. Not sure I really want to invest anymore in my 3DS.

and ...no idea what to think about the Smash teaser. Is it a new game? Is it a port? TELL US NINTENDO!

That said, I did enjoy these:

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, ARMS, DOOM, FAST rmx, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Rocket League, Splatoon 2, Need for Speed: Most Wanted
View my Games
Merky Water

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Postby McMurphy » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:22 pm

I took the Smash Bros announcement as being the Wii U game but with the Splatoon characters added to the roster. I'd be surprised if this was a brand new title considering how much work went into the previous title.

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, DOOM, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Resident Evil Revelations 2, Rocket League
View my Games
McMurphy
Site Admin
Site Admin

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Games: 68
Blog: View Blog (4)
Discord: 3674

Postby Merky Water » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:03 am

Oh, and Captain Toad, for those of you who missed it first time around, I highly recommend it if into puzzles.

While it's cool they are adding a few new levels, it's not enough to get me to buy it again. Perhaps if there was a discount for those who already own it on the U I'd be interested.

That said, I very much look forward to a true sequel to Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker. Perhaps Toadette gets a lead while the Capt is still reliving his Wii U days.

Or, as Shax and I brainstormed the other night while playing MK8, they create a Captain Toad Maker. Get on it Nintendo!

View my Games
Merky Water

Postby nineromega » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:55 pm

I have to admit, I am pretty excited about Mario Tennis. While I am not really a fan as tennis as a sport in general, I find the Mario Tennis/Golf/baseball/sports games etc genre quite fun.

Also excited about Smash Bros coming to the Switch. While I see it as a Wii U port with the inklings just being added to the roster, the fact that they decided to hide things in the shadows of the trailer, sort of make me think otherwise??
:australia: :codthumbsup: SW-5580-5753-0614
Currently playing: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2 - Switch

View my Games
nineromega
Cowpoke

Games: 7
Blog: View Blog (0)
Discord: 1656

Return to Nintendo