Login with a social network:

MyNintendo Switch Rewards available

Discuss the Switch, Wii U, 3DS, and the Wii here!

MyNintendo Switch Rewards available

Postby Merky Water » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:22 pm

The system has been out a year and now we can FINALLY use MyNintendo points for Nintendo Switch rewards! All the early adopters out there will see their gold points expiring at the end of this month so we can nab some rewards in the nick of time.

For those who haven't linked your devices since before 2016, MyNintendo is the company's replacement to the old "Club Nintendo" rewards program.

Your gold points seem easy to apply as a discount to any purchase in the eShop although Nintendo's fine print says certain selections will not work for all titles.

From here on out, digital purchases will net you 5% back through gold point rewards while physical game purchases will yield 1% in gold points.

Source and Full details: https://my.nintendo.com/about_gold_point

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, ARMS, DOOM, FAST rmx, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Rocket League, Splatoon 2, Need for Speed: Most Wanted
View my Games
Merky Water
Nintendo Leader and Yoshi Champion

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Games: 42
Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (5)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 6083
TagsMyNintendo, Switch, Nintendo, Gold points

Re: MyNintendo Switch Rewards available

Postby Merky Water » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:51 am

It should be noted that Switch purchases are now worth much more in points than those of the past year. Here's a reminder of some of the points we used to net.

Digital:
https://i2.wp.com/nintendotimes.com/wp- ... .jpg?ssl=1

https://nintendoeverything.com/wp-conte ... 56x320.png

While I'm all for the new amount, it does seem very un-nintendo to slight it's early adopters. As there is a new points structure, it's odd Nintendo doesn't adjust member's points wallet for those purchases bought in the last year.

Thoughts?

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, ARMS, DOOM, FAST rmx, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Rocket League, Splatoon 2, Need for Speed: Most Wanted
View my Games
Merky Water

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Postby McMurphy » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:47 pm

That is disappointing...as is even putting on expiration dates to points while it took so long to see Switch rewards show up. On the bright side, I do like getting a kickback from purchases, even purchases that were partially paid for by gold coins.

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, DOOM, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
View my Games
McMurphy
Site Admin
Site Admin

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Games: 68
Blog: View Blog (4)
Discord: 3674

Postby Merky Water » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:15 pm

Really hoping Nintendo reconsiders. Not sure what else to do to try and sway them.

View my Games
Merky Water

Postby nineromega » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:11 pm

I'm super pleased that Nintendo has brought this into the fold. I love the fact that they are giving back to gamers. I've only had my Switch since the end of December, so I am not being hard done by with the expiry date, but I think this is something special from Nintendo that they really didn't have to bring out.
:australia: :codthumbsup: SW-5580-5753-0614
Currently playing: Monster Hunter: World PC, Madden 19 - PC

View my Games
nineromega
Cowpoke

Games: 8
Blog: View Blog (0)
Discord: 1656

Return to Nintendo