Login with a social network:

The First Game You Played With Your Son/Daughter

Use this forum for gaming discussions that either don't apply for any gaming console or can relate to them all.

The First Game You Played With Your Son/Daughter

Postby McMurphy » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:29 pm

What was the first video game that you played with your daughter or son?

That is the question that occurred to me through my own personal experience. Some time back, Nintendo re-released the original Duck Hunt on the Wii U's Virtual Console. My son was just about two, and he would press the Wiimote's trigger while I aimed. He had a lot of fun, even if we referred to all the shooting as "catching" the ducks. He may have been the first player in history to cheer anytime the dog laughed at us.

It has also been quite heart warming to see him marvel at the story telling of Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD. He shouts, "We have to tell grandmother!" during the opening section of the game when the plot asks us to do so.

He is nearing his third birthday, so I know these sorts of moments will increase, and it helps heal a cynical gamer's soul.

How about the rest of you?

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, DOOM, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Resident Evil Revelations 2, Rocket League
View my Games
McMurphy
Site Admin
Site Admin

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Games: 69
Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (4)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674
Tagsfirst game, son, daughter

Re: The First Game You Played With Your Son/Daughter

Postby dunkaroo69 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:20 pm

Oh man, great question. I know the first game I played with my daughter. Super Mario Maker. She just loved filling the entire screen with blocks. Didn't matter if it was an actual level or not, as long as she could fill the screen. Had a blast with it :D With my son, I'm not 100% positive (that'd be nearly twelve years ago now). I want to say Wii Bowling, but not 100% positive on that. We did play a ton of that game and he had the best time trying to get strikes :D

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, The Division, Battlefield 1, Call of Duty WWII, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 45
Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (1)
Main Platform: XboxOne

Postby SmorgasBorgnine » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:37 am

PS2, was Crash Bandicoot Wrath of Cortex. I remember it having stupid long load screens but he loved it. I also grabbed Maximo Ghosts to Glory from the discount bin at Blockbuster and we really got a lot of time in on that one. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximo:_Ghosts_to_Glory

I'm currently playing 7 Ways To Die, Ghost Recon: Wildlands
View my Games
SmorgasBorgnine
Green Horn

Games: 8
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: PC
Discord: 111995

Postby McMurphy » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:59 am

Now, we really enjoy playing Super Mario Odyssey together. It is a little soon for him to control Cappy, which is an awesome feature for the little ones, but he takes out the amiibos and gets excited when he spots a collectible in game we need to grab or remembers the name of a character (ie: "That's a goomba!").

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, DOOM, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Resident Evil Revelations 2, Rocket League
View my Games
McMurphy
Site Admin
Site Admin

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Games: 69
Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (4)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674

Postby Babyboythegod » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:08 pm

Don't exactly remember the first game. However the first one we completed was lego Jurassic park. We both even did a triumphant fist in the air, was awesome.
Xbox live- Babyboythegod
PSN- Babyboytheking

Add me and let me know what you play!

https://youtube.com/channel/UClHMA0hVz-5OOAqqaYksNIw

View my Games
Babyboythegod
Rancher

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Games: 1
Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (1)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-