Login with a social network:

#MK8D Version 1.2 Update

Discuss everything regarding the Switch & Wii U generation of Mario Kart 8 here!

#MK8D Version 1.2 Update

Postby McMurphy » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:14 pm

On 6/28/2017, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe received another patch (1.2). Here is the breakdown of everything included in the update directly from Nintendo's site:

Version 1.2

• Players can use Pikmin-themed amiibo to unlock a Pikmin Suit for the Mii driver.
  • Race rules and course name are now displayed on loading screens for online and wireless play, as well as Mario Kart TV.
  • Players who are behind in online matches will receive items geared toward catching up more frequently.
  • In online matches, no more than two Piranha Plants will be granted as items at the same time.
  • Controls are no longer unresponsive when the timer runs out when choosing a Mii racing suit for online matches.
  • When a player uses an item right after the Super Horn in online matches, that item will now remain available for other players.
  • Item wheel no longer spins continuously in online matches.
  • Online matches now end as intended 30 seconds after the first place racer finishes.
  • The Boomerang now returns to the first slot, if possible, after a player catches it.
  • Items shown in a player’s item slots now display correctly when holding an item behind them.
  • No longer possible to use an item after it has been used to block an attack.
  • Communication errors no longer occur frequently while spectating or after spectating online matches.
[SOURCE: http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com ... t-8-deluxe ]

What do you think? The most controversial aspect of the patch may be the increase of the rubber band effect in the races. Otherwise, Nintendo fixing communication errors is a big highlight in this patch.

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, DOOM, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
View my Games
McMurphy
Site Admin
Site Admin

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Games: 68
Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (4)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674

Birthday
TagsMK8D, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Nintendo, Switch, Patch, Update

Re: #MK8D Version 1.2 Update

Postby Korchie » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:48 am

I haven't played since the update.. but I'm slightly concerned to see how it's going to work "nerfing" the racers in the bottom positions.... I'm imagining a lot of Bullet Bills... I'm afraid of the lightning.

We'll see!
:somerandr: Image

I'm currently playing Overwatch, Fortnite, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
View my Games
Korchie
Quick Thumbs

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Games: 4
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 9370

Return to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe