Login with a social network:

Mario Kart GP VR - Namco is Making it Happen

Discuss everything regarding the Switch & Wii U generation of Mario Kart 8 here!

Mario Kart GP VR - Namco is Making it Happen

Postby McMurphy » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:12 am

During a presentation for the VR Zone Shinjuku arcade in Tokyo, Namco showed up the first footage of an VR version of Mario Kart. Namco has long produced Mario Kart GP, the arcade version of Mario Kart that can be found in select arcades. It is unclear if these VR stations would ever hit North America, but let's hope so.

Here is the footage in question:

Thoughts?

I have had the chance to play the arcade version of Mario Kart (I actually played a round with GS* member, Missie, at Disneyland), and it, in my opinion, is not as good as the main at-home franchise, but it is still fun, and it would be really cool to try it out in VR.

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, DOOM, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
View my Games
McMurphy
Site Admin
Site Admin

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Games: 68
Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (4)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674
TagsMario Kart VR, Mario Kart GP, Namco

Re: Mario Kart GP VR - Namco is Making it Happen

Postby dunkaroo69 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:23 pm

Man, MK in VR would be crazy stupid fun. That part where she throws the shell would be awesome to do. Especially if I can ride in one of those little carts :D Make a home version of it (kart included) and I'd take out a second mortgage to pay for it!

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, The Division, Battlefield 1, Call of Duty WWII, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Games: 45
Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (1)
Main Platform: XboxOne

Return to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe