Login with a social network:

MK8 Deluxe - Fire Hopping Is No More

Discuss everything regarding the Switch & Wii U generation of Mario Kart 8 here!

MK8 Deluxe - Fire Hopping Is No More

Postby McMurphy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:37 pm

Based on a GameXplain's video covering Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, fire-hopping has been removed from the game. Perhaps the third tier of drifting is meant to be a substitute? Either way, what do the rest of you think?

Personally, I never bothered nailing down fire hopping, but I wasn't particularly against either. Nintendo had ample occasions to patch it out of the Wii U version, after all. I do think, going forward, it was a smart decision to place a more defined speed boast skill in place in its stead. I have placed the video I am referring to below.

Sidenote: Did you notice that MK8D will now let you change kart combos between races? Now, that is an update I LOVE.

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, DOOM, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Resident Evil Revelations 2, Rocket League
View my Games
McMurphy
Site Admin
Site Admin

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Games: 68
Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (4)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674
Tagsmk8 deluxe, fire hopping

Re: MK8 Deluxe - Fire Hopping Is No More

Postby Scavenger » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:15 pm

Firehopping, something I did alot of, and I'm glad it is removed. I hope all the other techs are gone as well.
Just charging MTs and using items would be soooo relaxing.

Changing characters and kart between WW races without jumping out have always been a dream.
Something I'm looking to get good use of this time around.

View my Games
Scavenger
Cattle Rustler

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Games: 13
Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: Switch

Return to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe