Login with a social network:

Connection Issues

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, the Gunslingers raid the Star Wars Battlefront servers together! Discuss the game and swap contacts here!

Re: Connection Issues

Postby Gaz_Bot » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:25 pm

I've heard the 1750 is good, and affordable at that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View my Games
Gaz_Bot
Claim Jumper

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 4
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: PS4

Postby gspsychedelic » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:33 pm

Yeh, I can vouch for that. One of the best at that price range. Didn't want to waste a lot of money specially since 802.11ax is the not-that-far horizon.

I'm currently playing GTA V, Overwatch, Titanfall 2
View my Games
gspsychedelic
Grave Digger

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Games: 26
Main Platform: PC

Postby Gaz_Bot » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:43 pm

gspsychedelic wrote:Yeh, I can vouch for that. One of the best at that price range. Didn't want to waste a lot of money specially since 802.11ax is the not-that-far horizon.

One other question about the 1750... Can it handle several wireless devices?

My PS4 is wired, but if someone else in the house is on the laptop and a kid is watching NetFlix... my connection can suffer.

View my Games
Gaz_Bot
Claim Jumper

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Postby gspsychedelic » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:17 pm

Sometimes several devices on the house are using the WiFi:
1. PS4 (gaming)
2. Vita/3DS (gaming)
3. 2x Android phones (social apps/downloading apps)
4. iPhone (all kind of connected apps)
5. iPad (all kind of connected apps)
6. Hackintosh (downloading stuff)
7. Laptop (downloading stuff/watching videos)
8. Raspberry Pi (downloading stuff)

No problems whatsoever.

I have way more devices connected sometimes, than those listed but those 8 are a regular scenario on say a weekday night.

View my Games
gspsychedelic
Grave Digger

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Postby Gaz_Bot » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:20 pm

Great to hear. Thanks!

View my Games
Gaz_Bot
Claim Jumper

Postby RusSKill » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:19 am

Thanks for this discussion guys, I'm suffering terribly with battlefront connection issues. I thought it might be the old ISP provided router, and am looking into getting an upgrade, this thread kind of confirms it for me! Any thoughts on a decent router for HEAVY usage? There are seven people in my house, all with associated devices, and all the children seem to want to stream Netflix in HD or game (4 XBones) and listen to music on their smartphones all at once! Not surprising my ps4 is struggling!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

View my Games
RusSKill
Stable Hand

Games: 2
Blog: View Blog (2)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby gspsychedelic » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:13 am

Well it's hard to say since network issues specially on your situation can depend on many factors.
The old ISP router may be the "easy" culprit, specially since old hardware with little memory and a slow CPU in a scenario with multiple hungry devices, may be reaching its top capacity.

Before getting the Archer C7 I was going for a Linksys WRT1900ACS or an Asus RT-AC88U, but they are way more expensive and I just don't need that much power.
Also I always install DD-WRT (custom firmware) so I get access to more advanced options than the Vanilla firmware.

The problem is going to be this: Many consoles at the same time. You can port forward 1 and get a great connection but then the others will suffer. And most games tend to use the same ports, sometimes a single one, and that means one console gets the joy and the others won't.
What I meant with this statement is that so far I've been able to get a better connection to Battlefront, CoD, Destiny and Rainbow Six by port forwarding ports, but if I had 2 PS4s then one of them would still get the same issues, since you can obviously only port-forward to 1 device at a time. The only solution to this would be to get a second public IP which means well.. pay for another internet connection.
Some people say by DMZ'ing one console then port forwarding other works, but no idea.
You can also try uPnP (hence no port forward) but this leaves your network vulnerable to outsiders.

An idea I guess is to investigate what ports the XBone uses for XBLive, see if they are different from PSN's ones and check the common games your people play on the XB1s, and see if the ports those use are the same or different than those from Battlefront (which uses a shitload of ports anyway so more options).

View my Games
gspsychedelic
Grave Digger

Postby turk mcgurk » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:56 am

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=23334

This link has my story so far with getting multiple X1s going at the same time. Was working amazingly for many weeks but now having some issues again. Also having issues with my internet provider, mostly related to my DVR but could have a ripple effect, who know.
Ben in real life, turk mcgurk on XBOX1

I'm currently playing Gears of War 4
View my Games
turk mcgurk
Microsoft Leader
Microsoft Leader

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Games: 5
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby Gaz_Bot » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:24 am

Update: I set up my existing router for port forwarding, using the settings for SWBF. Played last night for almost two hours without issues.
I'll try again this weekend and see how it goes.

View my Games
Gaz_Bot
Claim Jumper

Previous

Return to Star Wars: Battlefront