Login with a social network:

Tips for halo 5

Put on your space helmets, Gunslingers, because Halo calls us into action once again in Halo 5: Guardians!

Tips for halo 5

Postby Babyboythegod » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:54 pm

Figured this needed its own post for any new comers.

1. Sensitivity I noticed that here, I currently have my set to 2. Halo is more about precision than anything so being able to control your shots is key. No need to swing around all crazy if you cant pinpoint your shots. which leads me to next point

2. SLOW DOWN. Seriously I have caught myself running around and winning battles but more times than not getting popped by multiple enemies because I am going all COD on people. Slow down, walk! this will give you a split second to react faster if you see someone turn the corner. Will always help with that ever important first shot. Pick your spots when you use the run. Speaking of spots

3. Pitch a tent. Too many times I see people running around dying left and right and KD drags the team down yet they keep trying. Newsflash running around like a chicken with your head cutoff will not net you style points for your team. Stay close to walls if you have to. If the map has a position of power- USE IT. There is usually one spot that is meant to hold an ideal for winning and getting advantage on the enemy. Find it and use it to your advantage! This is also very important when you have a full team doing same.

Which leads me to......

4. Stick with your team! This is probably the most important thing you can do in Halo. Trust me. The better players will be doing this the best and will be holding down the power positions and just laying waste to anyone running solo. Hard to win a fight when you turn the corner and you have 3 guys aimed at you. Stick with your team and call enemies out. You may get few shots off and teammate can come in for the cleanup. You mentioned you liked fathom, the top is a good place to take a tent and leave it. Have everyone watch an area and you can pretty much dominate the whole map. Better yet, a second player should always be with you. If you decide to separate from your team you better have your extension with you aka another player.

4.5-- this goes along with sticking with team. Communication with that team. It's hard to win fights when your team is nowhere near you. Also hard when they are near you but have no idea where shots are coming from! So communicate, call out enemies. Even if you think you will win the fight call the guy out and then you can just say I got him after. If you do not get him now he has time to run away and recharge. And if you called him out after you died and he runs by the time your team finds him he may be recharged and expecting another player coming which can lead to more deaths.

Some advance tips as well. Along with callouts and protecting your teammates who call out.

5. If you can also callout who you are shooting at that can help also. I have recently started watching twitch and notice the pro players doing this. Calling out who it is you are shooting at and who is one shot will help provide more info to your team. If you say there are two on my X and "insert name here" is one shot everyone can look real quick to shoot at the guy whos weak to drop him fast and concentrate on other guy. Better to go in already at 1v1 then go in blindly and shoot at the other guy which buys the weak one time to recharge.

6. Splinter grenades-- Can be used for offense of course. But more importantly can be used for defense. There are many ways to get in and out of rooms in this game. Splinter grenades (the grenades that have star affect after explosion and sit there for few seconds) can limit the number of exits to a room or a way to escape a room without threat of being chased. Happen to see an enemy jump into a window with 2 exits? Throw a splinter grenade into one, enemy will have no choice but to try and escape through other which leaves them very vulnerable.
-As for their defensive purposes, while getting shot especially near a corner throwing a Splinter Grenade behind you then dashing around corner will prevent the enemy from chasing you directly but will have to find alternate route to you which may give you a few more seconds to either re charge or get back up.

Anything else I can think of I will keep adding. Keep checking from time to time for anything I can remember or if someone else drops one.

I hope this helps everyone who actually takes the time to read this.

dunkaroo69 wrote:Found this guys videos on YouTube. Gives some pretty solid information, which I'm definitely gonna try out. The controller layout I think is the best video. I've always just played default on every game, so I'm gonna try out the bumper jumper one and see if it makes a difference :D Enjoy:

Last edited by Babyboythegod on Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Xbox live- Babyboythegod
PSN- Babyboytheking

Add me and let me know what you play!

https://youtube.com/channel/UClHMA0hVz-5OOAqqaYksNIw

View my Games
Babyboythegod
Rancher

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Games: 1
Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (3)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-
TagsTips for halo 5

Re: Tips for halo 5

Postby DUNDEAL » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:51 am

This is going to sound crazy but I actually play at sensitivity 1 when I play on Warzone for all the long shoot outs and my accuracy has improved immensely:) but in arena I bump it up to 2 as I tend to use the AR more.

www.twitch.tv/dundeal_
DUNDEAL
Bandito

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Babyboythegod » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:36 pm

yeah a notice people feel that you need to play on 10 in order to turn on people. firstly you do not, I use to turn on people all the time in cod and halo and have always used low sensitivity. Secondly especially for aim I feel lower is better. You can pin point your shots better. I have flirted with dropping it down to 1 but have not had a problem with 2 most of the time so feel that I should leave well enough alone.
Xbox live- Babyboythegod
PSN- Babyboytheking

View my Games
Babyboythegod
Rancher

Postby Babyboythegod » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:45 pm

been awhile, Maybe some new halo players will get some use out of this.....
Xbox live- Babyboythegod
PSN- Babyboytheking

View my Games
Babyboythegod
Rancher

Postby BuriedSet127 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:51 am

Thanks! Very helpful tips.
BuriedSet127
Green Horn

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Babyboythegod » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:18 am

BuriedSet127 wrote:Thanks! Very helpful tips.

Anytime. Been able to hold my own in shooters for a very long time. As I get older learning to play off smarts rather than raw talent. Check some of the halo vids out.
Xbox live- Babyboythegod
PSN- Babyboytheking

View my Games
Babyboythegod
Rancher