Login with a social network:

Mario Maker Update 11/4

A Nintendo Sub Section just for GS* creators of Super Maker Stages. Everyone is welcome to create a topic dedicated to all their creations so fellow 'slingers can support them! Please keep to one Maker topic for each person. Also, remember to provide a link to it on the Master List!

Mario Maker Update 11/4

Postby Crinklepouch » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:57 am

I'm currently playing Player Unknown's Battlegrounds, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2
View my Games
Crinklepouch
SNES MK Time Trial Champion & Last COD:Reflex Survivor
SNES MK Time Trial Champion & Last COD:Reflex Survivor

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Games: 43
Blog: View Blog (8)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-
Discord: 9782

Re: Mario Maker Update 11/4

Postby Merky Water » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:03 am

Only problem is now I don't want to make any new levels until November 4th :P

*Edit* Well, I guess I can make them... just won't publish until after I can add new features

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, ARMS, DOOM, FAST rmx, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Rocket League, Splatoon 2, Need for Speed: Most Wanted
View my Games
Merky Water
Nintendo Leader and Yoshi Champion

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Games: 42
Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (5)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 6083

Postby Mr. Fluffy » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:07 am

The fact that Nintendo is putting out free updates with some major game-changing content (e.g. checkpoints and tiered power-ups) is super awesome!

I hope that they improve community tools in the future, too. I find the "leaderboards" mostly useless for finding good courses worth playing and have been relying on external website to find and share courses. Nintendo should be extremely grateful that many social sites have picked up the slack in this regards.

View my Games
Mr. Fluffy
Dry Goods Merchant

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Games: 2
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Merky Water » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:38 am

Mr. Fluffy wrote:The fact that Nintendo is putting out free updates with some major game-changing content (e.g. checkpoints and tiered power-ups) is super awesome!

I hope that they improve community tools in the future, too. I find the "leaderboards" mostly useless for finding good courses worth playing and have been relying on external website to find and share courses. Nintendo should be extremely grateful that many social sites have picked up the slack in this regards.

Definitely! Nintendo has a great tool in miiverse. They knew this soon after Mario v DK:TS came out... not sure why they have yet to add a "start" button feature to the Mario Maker Miiverse community.

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, ARMS, DOOM, FAST rmx, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Rocket League, Splatoon 2, Need for Speed: Most Wanted
View my Games
Merky Water

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Games: 42
Blog: View Blog (5)
Discord: 6083

Postby MikeyFromSantee » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:55 pm

Still waiting on my slopes, but I will definitely take checkpoints and tiered power-ups!

Mike Ellis, a.k.a. MikeyFromSantee
San Diego, CA, USA
Pokémon Professor
Tournament Organizer | VG Judge | TCG Judge

I'm currently playing Pokemon Alpha, Pokemon Omega
View my Games
MikeyFromSantee
Featured Broadcaster
Featured Broadcaster

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Games: 20
Blog: View Blog (3)
Discord: 8546

Postby Balki » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:43 pm

This is excellent. I am almost finished a very long level. I was going to split it into multiple pathways but 2 checkpoints will work out nice. I would love leaderboards too, we just need coins and even extra lives to 'mean' something! The 3 star coins to collect would change a lot.

View my Games
Balki
Nintendo Leader
Nintendo Leader

Blog: View Blog (1)
Discord: 1534

Postby Mr. Fluffy » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:14 am

Balki wrote:This is excellent. I am almost finished a very long level. I was going to split it into multiple pathways but 2 checkpoints will work out nice. I would love leaderboards too, we just need coins and even extra lives to 'mean' something! The 3 star coins to collect would change a lot.

I agree! I find myself bypassing coin blocks and 1-ups because it takes up time and has no real use. It would be nice to have star coins and maybe display some icon next to your name showing that you beat the level, starred the level, and collected all hidden coins in the level or something like that.

View my Games
Mr. Fluffy
Dry Goods Merchant

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Super Mario Maker