Login with a social network:

Easy way to take and share screenshots

A Nintendo Sub Section just for GS* creators of Super Maker Stages. Everyone is welcome to create a topic dedicated to all their creations so fellow 'slingers can support them! Please keep to one Maker topic for each person. Also, remember to provide a link to it on the Master List!

Easy way to take and share screenshots

Postby Mr. Fluffy » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:14 pm

Hi everyone. Wanted to share an easy way to take high quality screenshots directly from your Nintendo Wii U. No need for fancy hardware or using convoluted steps going through the Miiverse.

1. Play game until you get the perfect opportunity for a screenshot (which is anytime)
  2. Press the home button on the gamepad
  3. Tap on Internet Browser
  4. Go to http://imgur.com/. You don't have to create an account to do this, but it makes organizing and managing your screenshots much more easily
  5. From your gamepad, on the top of the webpage on Imgur, click on Upload Images >> Upload Images, then click on Browse Your Computer
  6. Now you will see 2 screens on your TV and your Gamepad. One is the image on your TV, the other is the image on your gamepad. For Mario Maker, both screens should look the same.
  7. Select the screen you want to save, then follow the remaining prompts to upload the image.

Now you have a high quality screenshot to share with others! You can post as it or resize using the webtools or your own image manipulation software. This method should work with any game, but as I only have experience doing this for Mario Maker, I don't know for sure.

Hope this helps! :bomberman:

View my Games
Mr. Fluffy
Dry Goods Merchant

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Games: 2
Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-
TagsScreenshots, Nintendo Wii, Super Mario Maker, Mario Maker

Return to Super Mario Maker