Login with a social network:

Super Smash Bros Bar League

The gloves are off among the Gunslingers as they duke it out in Super Smash Bros. on both the 3DS and Wii U!

Re: Super Smash Bros Bar League

Postby Demonstryde » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:16 pm

hey murph, the "for glory" settings entail, Omega stages only( when you make them have no hazards or moving parts), no items,Stock 2 lives
Life is a Shroom Trip Cap to Cap~ Demonstryde
Demonstryde
Dude

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-
TagsSuper Smash Bros, Wii U, Nintendo, weekly tournament, league, das boot, Shellslingers, clan for adults, older gamers, Gunslingers, Gunslinger Gaming

Postby McMurphy » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:23 pm

Hey, all. Just a head's up: We will be skipping this weekend as the date for the next Bar League.

Instead, let's use this Saturday for some meet-and-great battles. Please see the Smash Bros Master List to see which new members you have missed since you last viewed it.

See you then!

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, DOOM, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
View my Games
McMurphy
Site Admin
Site Admin

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Games: 68
Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (4)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674

Postby Demonstryde » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:17 am

so the boot settings should stay the same except for mii characters to you best Spock mii, and items changed to X bomb only -High occurrence
Life is a Shroom Trip Cap to Cap~ Demonstryde
Demonstryde
Dude

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby McMurphy » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:15 pm

A rather "infamous" feature at Gunslinger Gaming during the Wii generation was the weekly Bar League where members race to be crowned the "Keeper of Das Boot" and be given a special forum rank. The quest to be the keeper of Das Boot is back and for the first time for the Super Smash Bros. franchise! Please read the following information to learn how to participate, goals, and the event rules. Cheers!

CURRENT KEEPER OF DAS BOOT: Demonstryde

CURRENT TOURNAMENT DATE/TIME: March 14th, 2015; Saturday @ 5:00pm Pacific/7:00pm Central/8:00pm Eastern

CURRENT WEEK TOURNAMENT SETTINGS:
  • As part of the Friday the 13th (Part II) Nintendo theme, Mii characters are REQUIRED fighters this week. Mii characters in the form of Jason from the horror series Friday the 13th is preferred. Double elimination in four-player rooms. First two players in each room to win three matches move onto the next round. Final round is one-on-one, best two out of three.
  • Mode: Smash
  • Time: N/A
  • Teams: No
  • Items: All Items
  • Custom Fighters: Mii Characters Only
  • Handicap: Off
  • Launch Rate: 1.0x
  • Stock Time Limit: 3
  • Team Attack: N/A
  • Score Display: Off
  • Damage Display: On
  • SD Penalty: -1

View my Games
McMurphy
Site Admin
Site Admin

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Postby McMurphy » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:18 pm

A rather "infamous" feature at Gunslinger Gaming during the Wii generation was the weekly Bar League where members race to be crowned the "Keeper of Das Boot" and be given a special forum rank. The quest to be the keeper of Das Boot is back and for the first time for the Super Smash Bros. franchise! Please read the following information to learn how to participate, goals, and the event rules. Cheers!

CURRENT KEEPER OF DAS BOOT: CrinklePouch

CURRENT TOURNAMENT DATE/TIME: March 28th, 2015; Saturday @ 5:00pm Pacific/7:00pm Central/8:00pm Eastern

• As part of the Seinfeld Nintendo theme, Mii characters are REQUIRED fighters this week. Mii characters in the form of Seinfeld characters are preferred. Elimination in TEAM four-player rooms.
  • Teams: Yes

View my Games
McMurphy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby McMurphy » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:02 pm

Congratulations to GS*Zero for becoming the Keeper of Das Boot! Great games, everyone, and it was good to see Nicholas Cage, er, I mean Crinkle show up. ;)

I will have the live stream exported to Youtube soon!

View my Games
McMurphy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Merky Water » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:47 pm

McMurphy wrote:Congratulations to GS*Zero for becoming the Keeper of Das Boot! Great games, everyone, and it was good to see Nicholas Cage, er, I mean Crinkle show up. ;)

I will have the live stream exported to Youtube soon!

And congrats to Demon for soundly taking the Crusty Sock!

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, ARMS, DOOM, FAST rmx, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Rocket League, Splatoon 2, Need for Speed: Most Wanted
View my Games
Merky Water
Nintendo Leader and Yoshi Champion

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Games: 41
Blog: View Blog (5)
Discord: 6083

Postby Neutron1989 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:50 pm

For some reason I thought we had weekly Smash fights, but nevermind. I will check for future weeks.

Click here to see my entire Gaming Library

I'm currently playing Overwatch, Destiny, The Division, Mario Kart 8, Splatoon, Mario Kart 7, Monster Hunter 4
View my Games
Neutron1989
Featured Broadcaster
Featured Broadcaster

Games: 26
Main Platform: PS4

Postby McMurphy » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:57 pm

CURRENT KEEPER OF DAS BOOT: Zer0

CURRENT TOURNAMENT DATE/TIME: April 11th, 2015; Saturday @ 5:00pm Pacific/7:00pm Central/8:00pm Eastern

• As part of the Famously Cool Nintendo theme, Mii characters are REQUIRED fighters this week. Mii characters in the form of famously cool characters are preferred. Elimination in ladder system.
  • Teams: Yes

Tournament Information and Rules:
General Point:
Registered members of the Shellslingers fight in a weekly, Frosty Pints-themed tournament using the Super Smash Bros. Friend's Room match feature. The member who is the first to win three fights moves onto the next round. The amount of rounds in each week's tournament is determined by the amount of people who sign up, plus one "last minute/late show-ups" wild card round. Which members are in each match room will be determined randomly at match time, so presence in a GS* communication tool (i.e.: voice and/or text chat) is necessary. The winner of the final round is given a Bar League custom rank and icon to show the fact that he/she is the current winner, otherwise known as "The Keeper of Das Boot." The tournament settings change every week to keep things interesting, fair, and not so serious.

Goal:
Winning each weekly tournament results in the GS*Forum rank, "The Keeper of Das Boot," and is accompanied with the following icon next to the person's username:
Winning isn't everything. This is a Frosty Pints event, after all. We will be laughing it up on Voice Chat and text chat.

How to Participate:
  1. Register in the Gunslinger Gaming Forums.
  2. Post your NNID in our Super Smash Bros. Master List.
  3. Reply to this topic PRIOR to start time.
  4. Fight! Have fun!
  5. Post your good times and share highlight videos in this topic at your leisure.

View my Games
McMurphy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Merky Water » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:44 pm

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, ARMS, DOOM, FAST rmx, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Rocket League, Splatoon 2, Need for Speed: Most Wanted
View my Games
Merky Water

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Games: 41
Blog: View Blog (5)
Discord: 6083

PreviousNext

Return to Super Smash Bros