Login with a social network:

Super Smash Bros Bar League

The gloves are off among the Gunslingers as they duke it out in Super Smash Bros. on both the 3DS and Wii U!

Re: Super Smash Bros Bar League

Postby robosaur » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:14 pm

I hear tell this is on a Sunday so I'm thinking I can participate. Lookin' forward to it.
robosaur
Stable Hand

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-
TagsSuper Smash Bros, Wii U, Nintendo, weekly tournament, league, das boot, Shellslingers, clan for adults, older gamers, Gunslingers, Gunslinger Gaming

Postby McMurphy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:09 pm

Congratulations to Vincent for winning Week #4 of the Smash Bros Bar League! :D

It was a good turn out and a lot of fun, so thank you, everyone, for taking part in the event. It should also be noted that Robo won the crusty sock, so he will have second-best position in the next event.

Video references of all the rounds (including the crusty sock matches) should be uploaded to our Youtube account soon.

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, DOOM, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Resident Evil Revelations 2, Rocket League
View my Games
McMurphy
Site Admin
Site Admin

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Games: 69
Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (4)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674

Postby McMurphy » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:59 pm

A rather "infamous" feature at Gunslinger Gaming during the Wii generation was the weekly Bar League where members race to be crowned the "Keeper of Das Boot" and be given a special forum rank. The quest to be the keeper of Das Boot is back and for the first time for the Super Smash Bros. franchise! Please read the following information to learn how to participate, goals, and the event rules. Cheers!

CURRENT KEEPER OF DAS BOOT: Vincent

CURRENT TOURNAMENT DATE/TIME: February 7th, 2015; Saturday @ 5:00pm Pacific/7:00pm Central/8:00pm Eastern

CURRENT WEEK TOURNAMENT SETTINGS:
  • Double elimination in four-player rooms. First two players in each room to win three matches move onto the next round. Final round is one-on-one, best two out of three.
  • Mode: Smash
  • Time: N/A
  • Teams: No
  • Items: All Items
  • Custom Fighters: Off
  • Handicap: Off
  • Launch Rate: 1.0x
  • Stock Time Limit: 3
  • Team Attack: N/A
  • Score Display: Off
  • Damage Display: On
  • SD Penalty: -1

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, DOOM, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Resident Evil Revelations 2, Rocket League
View my Games
McMurphy
Site Admin
Site Admin

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Postby Merky Water » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:53 pm

I'll put myself down as a solid maybe. In Pittsburgh next weekend but if the stars align, who knows! Will pack the console just in case

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, ARMS, DOOM, FAST rmx, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Rocket League, Splatoon 2, Need for Speed: Most Wanted
View my Games
Merky Water
Nintendo Leader and Yoshi Champion
Nintendo Leader and Yoshi Champion

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Games: 41
Blog: View Blog (5)
Discord: 6083

Postby Demonstryde » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:28 pm

im in
Life is a Shroom Trip Cap to Cap~ Demonstryde
Demonstryde
Dude

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Postby McMurphy » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:53 pm

Congratulations to Demonstryde for winning Week #5 of the Super Smash Bros Bar League! The Das Boot is yours. It was really fun playing with the rest of you. Although I am still TERRIBLE at the game, I actually did better than I normally do. :lol:

RESULTS
Das Boot Keeper: Demonstryde
Crusty Sock Holder: vhr2121
Contenders: Crinklepouch, liz_lemon, McMurphy

View my Games
McMurphy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby McMurphy » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:16 pm

A rather "infamous" feature at Gunslinger Gaming during the Wii generation was the weekly Bar League where members race to be crowned the "Keeper of Das Boot" and be given a special forum rank. The quest to be the keeper of Das Boot is back and for the first time for the Super Smash Bros. franchise! Please read the following information to learn how to participate, goals, and the event rules. Cheers!

CURRENT KEEPER OF DAS BOOT: Demonstryde

CURRENT TOURNAMENT DATE/TIME: February 13th, 2015; Sunday @ 6:30pm Pacific/8:30pm Central/9:30pm Eastern

• Double elimination in four-player rooms. First two players in each room to win three matches move onto the next round. Final round is one-on-one, best two out of three.
  • Mode: Smash
  • Time: N/A
  • Items: All Items
  • Custom Fighters: Off
  • Stock Time Limit: 3

View my Games
McMurphy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby McMurphy » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:14 am

Congrats to Demonstryde for defending his title of Keeper of Das Boot this week! He picks the tournament settings for next week, which he has until the end of the weekend to post in this topic. Great fights, everyone! We had Merky Water, Liz Lemon, Demonstryde, vhr2121, rotorooter, Crinklepouch, and myself all playing. :D

RESULTS
[Video of final match pending.]

Round 1
Room I - McMurphy, Merky Water, Liz Lemon, and Rotorooter. Merky Water and Rotorooter advance.
Room II - Demonstryde, vhr2121, and Crinklepouch. Demonstryde and vhr2121 advance.

Round 2
Room I - Demonstryde, vhr2121, rotorooter, Merky Water. Demonstryde and vhr2121 advance.

Final Round
Match - Demonstryde and vhr2121
Fight One: Goes to Demonstryde
Fight Two: Goes to vhr2121
Tie Breaker: Goes to Demonstryde; thus, securing the win.

View my Games
McMurphy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Demonstryde » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:32 am

The player with the biggest Coin purse moves on to the boot round which will be "For glory" settings.

Mode: Coin Battle
Time: 3 min
Teams: No
Items: Bat only, High occurrence setting
Custom Fighters: Only
Handicap: Off
Launch Rate: 1.0x
Stock Time Limit: N/A
Team Attack: N/A
Score Display: Off
Damage Display: On
SD Penalty: -1
Life is a Shroom Trip Cap to Cap~ Demonstryde
Demonstryde
Dude

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Postby McMurphy » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:14 pm

CURRENT KEEPER OF DAS BOOT: Demonstryde

CURRENT TOURNAMENT DATE/TIME: February 21st, 2015; Saturday @ 5:00pm Pacific/7:00pm Central/8:00pm Eastern

• Mode: Coin Battle
  • Time: 3 min
  • Items: Bat only, High occurrence setting
  • Custom Fighters: Only
  • Stock Time Limit: N/A

View my Games
McMurphy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Super Smash Bros