Login with a social network:

Super Smash Bros Bar League

The gloves are off among the Gunslingers as they duke it out in Super Smash Bros. on both the 3DS and Wii U!

Re: Super Smash Bros Bar League

Postby Rapidkirby3k » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:49 pm

That was a nice game! :D

I'm currently playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Mario Tennis Aces
View my Games
Rapidkirby3k
Trail Guide

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Games: 8
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-
Discord: 0875
TagsSuper Smash Bros, Wii U, Nintendo, weekly tournament, league, das boot, Shellslingers, clan for adults, older gamers, Gunslingers, Gunslinger Gaming

Postby McMurphy » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:18 pm

We learned a lot in the first week, so that is why Week #2 of the Bar League will keep all the in-game settings the same this week. The biggest difference: the top TWO people in each room will progress into the next round, instead of just one!

calendar.php?view=event&calEid=1703

CURRENT KEEPER OF DAS BOOT: Pokemonfan111

CURRENT TOURNAMENT DATE/TIME: December 20th, 2014; Saturday @ 5:00pm Pacific/7:00pm Central/8:00pm Eastern

CURRENT WEEK TOURNAMENT SETTINGS:
  • Mode: Smash
  • Time: 2 Min. Rounds
  • Teams: No
  • Items: All Items
  • Custom Fighters: Off
  • Handicap: Off
  • Launch Rate: 1.0x
  • Stock Time Limit: Infinite
  • Team Attack: N/A
  • Score Display: Off
  • Damage Display: On
  • SD Penalty: -1

Tournament Information and Rules:
General Point:
Registered members of the Shellslingers fight in a weekly, Frosty Pints-themed tournament using the Super Smash Bros. Friend's Room match feature. The member who is the first to win three fights moves onto the next round. The amount of rounds in each week's tournament is determined by the amount of people who sign up, plus one "last minute/late show-ups" wild card round. Which members are in each match room will be determined randomly at match time, so presence in a GS* communication tool (i.e.: voice and/or text chat) is necessary. The winner of the final round is given a Bar League custom rank and icon to show the fact that he/she is the current winner, otherwise known as "The Keeper of Das Boot." The tournament settings change every week to keep things interesting, fair, and not so serious.

Goal:
Winning each weekly tournament results in the GS*Forum rank, "The Keeper of Das Boot," and is accompanied with the following icon next to the person's username:
Winning isn't everything. This is a Frosty Pints event, after all. We will be laughing it up on Voice Chat and text chat.

How to Participate:
  1. Register in the Gunslinger Gaming Forums.
  2. Post your NNID in our Super Smash Bros. Master List.
  3. Reply to this topic PRIOR to start time.
  4. Fight! Have fun!
  5. Post your good times and share highlight videos in this topic at your leisure.

We are adding a twist to when someone successfully defends his/her title. Should that happen, the Keeper of Das Boot gets to issue a decree. Meaning, he/she can choose the settings of the following week's match to in effort to continue his/her reign on the beer throne. The defending Keeper of Das Boot has 48 hours to post in the the topic otherwise he/she opts out of that ability. Should there be a Das Boot champion three weeks in a row, one of the fighters who came in last place (i.e.: the people who came in 4th place in the first round matches) will be randomly selected to choose the next week's settings.

Rules:
Do not take the competitive aspect overtly seriously. Really, we are finding an excuse to meet up and fight together at the same time during Frosty Pints. ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

RESULTS OF LAST WEEK'S TOURNAMENT

[Winner: Pokemonfan111]

Reference: [Click to enlarge]

WeekDateSettingsWinner
One12/5/14Default SettingsPokemonfan111

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, DOOM, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Resident Evil Revelations 2, Rocket League
View my Games
McMurphy
Site Admin
Site Admin

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Games: 68
Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (4)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674
TagsSmash Bros, Bar League, Winners, announcement, Shellslingers, Gunslingers, Gunslinger Gaming

Postby Demonstryde » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:09 am

im in for the 20th
Life is a Shroom Trip Cap to Cap~ Demonstryde
Demonstryde
Dude

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Postby smokey2444 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:35 pm

don't think I will make it tonight. Christmas at my aunt's house
smokey2444
Green Horn

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Postby McMurphy » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:55 pm

Huh. I didn't activate the sign-up sheet feature. Sorry about that, and here you go (although time is quite short for it to be useful this week, I realize.)

calendar.php?view=event&calEid=1703&calM=12&calY=2014

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, DOOM, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Resident Evil Revelations 2, Rocket League
View my Games
McMurphy
Site Admin
Site Admin

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Postby McMurphy » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:48 pm

Congratulations to GS*Radicre for winning Week #2 of the Smash Bros Bar League! Thank you, everyone, for showing up and rolling with the craziness of on-the-fly bracket making. :D

We also had a Eliminated room in which everyone but the winner duked it out until someone won three matches. This title, dubbed "Keeper of Crusty Sock," was won by Pokemonfan111! :lol:

*For Christmas, we are skipping a week. See you for Week #3 in the New Year!*

RESULTS

I saved the video of the final match, but have not had the time to upload it to Youtube. I should get that completed after coming back from my Christmas trip.

Cheers and Happy Holidays!

View my Games
McMurphy
Site Admin
Site Admin

TagsSmash Bros, Bar League, Winners, announcement, Shellslingers, Gunslingers, Gunslinger Gaming

Postby Radicre » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:17 am

We should definitely get some 2v2 bar leagues going sometime too!

Also I think 2 stock is a little better than time solely because after one player gets the first kill they can play super defensively until the time expires.

Actually, popular opinion seems to be a simple 2 or 3 stock fight with no items on simple stages without crazy hazards. Maybe we can shift the frantic items and stages to the after-party that follows? Thoughts?
Hey! I'm not always in GSchat but I still might be available to play Smash if you just ask! You can reach me instantly through PM or Skype. I'm free most often during PST evenings.

- D
Radicre
Stable Hand

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Postby Demonstryde » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:25 pm

Radicre wrote:We should definitely get some 2v2 bar leagues going sometime too!

Also I think 2 stock is a little better than time solely because after one player gets the first kill they can play super defensively until the time expires.

Actually, popular opinion seems to be a simple 2 or 3 stock fight with no items on simple stages without crazy hazards. Maybe we can shift the frantic items and stages to the after-party that follows? Thoughts?

yup absolutely agree
Life is a Shroom Trip Cap to Cap~ Demonstryde
Demonstryde
Dude

Postby McMurphy » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:34 pm

A rather "infamous" feature at Gunslinger Gaming during the Wii generation was the weekly Bar League where members race to be crowned the "Keeper of Das Boot" and be given a special forum rank. The quest to be the keeper of Das Boot is back and for the first time for the Super Smash Bros. franchise! Please read the following information to learn how to participate, goals, and the event rules. Cheers!

CURRENT KEEPER OF DAS BOOT: Radicre

CURRENT TOURNAMENT DATE/TIME: January 10th, 2015; Saturday @ 5:00pm Pacific/7:00pm Central/8:00pm Eastern

CURRENT WEEK TOURNAMENT SETTINGS:
  • External Tournament Structure: Ladder System; last week's winner and runner-up are default at top of ladder.
  • Mode: Smash
  • Time: N/A
  • Teams: No
  • Items: All Items
  • Custom Fighters: Off
  • Handicap: Off
  • Launch Rate: 1.0x
  • Stock Time Limit: 3
  • Team Attack: N/A
  • Score Display: Off
  • Damage Display: On
  • SD Penalty: -1

Additional Info: think of the Mortal Kombat ladder system. Everyone besides the Keeper of Das Boot and the runner-up from the last tournament is randomly put in a ladder order. A challenger works up the ladder until he/she is beaten, and that person continues up the ladder.

*In the spirit of the Bar League, tournament settings are changed every week. Don't worry: we will get to your personal favorite tournament settings and structure as weeks progress.

View my Games
McMurphy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dunkaroo69 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:52 pm

This will be my first smash tourney. Looking forward to it. Now I gotta unpack all my amiibos.

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, The Division, Battlefield 1, Call of Duty WWII, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 45
Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (1)
Main Platform: XboxOne

PreviousNext

Return to Super Smash Bros