Any Atari Jaguar Gamers here at Gunslinger?

Do you recall all the wasted hours on the games and consoles of the past? Everything from the first Playstation and the Nintendo 64 to the NES and the Dreamcast is fair "game" here.

Please forgive the lame pun.

Any Atari Jaguar Gamers here at Gunslinger?

Postby Havoc2049 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:15 am

I know it wasn't that popular, but I'm a long time (since '93) Atari Jaguar owner and I was just wondering if there were any Jaguar gamers here at Gunslinger?

The Jag homebrew dev community is still really active and there have been three releases so far in 2014, with another new game going to be released next month at the Classic Gaming Expo in Vegas. Elansar and Philia: The Sequel to Elansar were just released last month. They are Myst style adventure games, which isn't my favorite genre, but it's still cool to get new games on old hardware. :mrgreen:
Image`
Havoc2049
Cattle Rustler

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Re: Any Atari Jaguar Gamers here at Gunslinger?

Postby gotBurner » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:31 am

No, not me, but I give you kudos for being a part of something cool and historical.
gotBurner
Cowboy

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Postby hideouschud » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:56 am

I have one, but haven't played it in quite some time. I believe I only have like 3 carts......Tempest 2000 and AVP are 2 of them. To be honest I didn't even know the Jag still has an active community...haven't been to Atari Age in a long time. I will have to check it out.

Thanks for posting this.

View my Games
hideouschud
Butcher

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Games: 9

Postby Havoc2049 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:47 am

hideouschud wrote:I have one, but haven't played it in quite some time. I believe I only have like 3 carts......Tempest 2000 and AVP are 2 of them.

You got two of the best games on system right there. Jeff Minter just did another Tempest game for the PS Vita, TxK. TxK is even better than Tempest 2000.
Havoc2049
Cattle Rustler

Postby hideouschud » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:35 pm

And speaking of coincidences, TxK is free on PS+ in September. I will definately be grabbing this.

Thanks again for the info.

View my Games
hideouschud
Butcher

Games: 9

Return to Retro Gaming