THE GS* BANNER EXCHANGEUPDATE 6/11/2017
- New "Banner Creator" member rank added to the GS* Forums! viewtopic.php?f=477&t=26801
Many members at GS are interested in having a Gunslinger banner in their signature and many other members have the knowledge and ability to create graphics, so why not have a place where the two sides can meet?
This is a thread for anyone who'd like to drop off a banner request, pick one up or just discuss banner making in general.
ARTIST GALLERIES: Toezercovan2306
*If you're an artist who's helping out with GS banners and would like to have your gallery added, please send me a pm with your link!*
TIPS FOR BANNER REQUESTS
1. Choose a character or game you'd like highlighted in your banner. Even talking about some of your interests outside of gaming can help give the artist get an idea of what you'd like. The best bet is to link up a few images you enjoy to make sure you end up with something you're happy with!
2. Depending on how busy the thread gets, don't be disappointed if your request gets passed over. A good idea is to either pm a few of the creators if you like their work, or simply repost the request if need be. A friendly reminder can go a long way. Example Request Form:
Name in banner: Toezer
3. To add a banner to your signature, just head to the User Control Panel, then click the Profile tab. On the left side of the page, you'll want to click Edit Signature. Paste the URL of the image into the Edit Signature box and boom, your banner is up! (Also, make sure your "Disable BBCode" and "Disable smilies" options are UNclicked, or your signature banner will show up as a line of code.)
The forum uses BBCode, so when you paste it in, it will need [img] tags around it. The green text below is what it should look like in your signature box but substitute the link to your banner where it says http://www.yourbanner.jpg
TIPS FOR ARTISTS
1. The recommended banner dimensions are 365p x 100p which will be accepted at most forums. Some variation is perfectly fine, just try not to go crazy with the dimensions.
2. Don't be shy to ask questions if a person's request isn't entirely clear. A pm is a great way to get the communication rolling and make sure both sides come out happy!
Let's get those creative juices flowing Gunslingers and team up on the GS Banner Exchange!
Keep on rockin'