The GS* Banner Exchange

The forum is here to give our members a chance to showcase their creativity, whether they write music, do graphic arts, or write literature!

Re: The GS* Banner Exchange

Postby goppfather » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:57 am

Mazzilli13 wrote:Goppfather-I would not have done that trade if we did not get Chauncey. I thought for this year and next he was the key to the whole trade for the Knicks. Also, my heart goes out to you...Cubs, Nuggets, and Browns...that is tough, Why do you hate the Mets? They are never any good.

Well, my cousin who I grew up across the street from is a HUGE Met fan. Dating back to the days of both the Cubs and Mets being in the NL East, we have a running bet. Overall records each season $1 per game. Well needless to say, after 25 years of the Mets almost ALWAYS having a better record than the Cubs, it gets expensive.:)
goppfather
Desperado

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby McQueen » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:10 am

Mazzilli13 wrote:Why do you hate the Mets? They are never any good.

What do you mean they're never any good? They're really good ... at COLLAPSING!

Okay. Now I feel better about making a Mr. Met banner.
Retired from gaming 2 March 2012.
McQueen
2012 GoldenEye Champion, GoldenEye Super Agent & 2011 TX Hold Em Champion

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Postby Mazzilli13 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:41 am

Goppfather,
Being a Mets fan has cost me so much more... How about hair loss, chest pain, and marital bliss...lol

McQueen,
I wish you were wrong but unfortunately you are not. I have plenty to say but since you made me such a great banner I will stop it here.

[img][http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/5827/3e3975e7a5a0759b3d68b6d.png/img]
Mazzilli13
Stable Hand

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Postby Mxyzptlk » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:12 pm

McQueen wrote:Mxyzptlk, I couldn't find any really good images if Richtofen besides the head shot, so here goes:

GS-Mxyzptlk by thecardiffgiant, on Flickr

Hope you like it, but won't mind if you don't.

McQueen, I like it! Now, can somebody tell me how to add it to my signature. :oops:
Mxyzptlk
Dry Goods Merchant

Postby Toezer » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:24 pm

Heya Mixy,

To put a banner in your signature area, just head to the User Control Panel, then click the Profile tab. On the left side of the page, you'll want to click Edit Signature. Paste the URL of the image into the Edit Signature box and boom, your banner is up!

The forum uses BBCode, so when you paste it in, it will need [img] tags around it. The green text below is what it should look like in your signature box but substitute the link to your banner where it says http://www.yourbanner.jpg:

Code: Select all
[img]http://www.yourbanner.jpg[/img]

Hope this helps!
-Toezer

PS I pasted the banner adding instructions to the first post of this thread as well. :D
"It's all over the second we ride up Troy's bucket." - Mikey
Toezer
Bandito

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Angels13Wings » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:12 pm

Hey McQueen I know you most likely are busy but when you have free time could I bother you for a custom pic. I am looking for one that would go right over my name (those pics to the right>>>). Anything Kill Zone 3 or Battlefield 3, even just a cool image in general would be really awesome. Its just everytime I put a pic there it looks really weird and distorted or whatever. If its possible I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for your time McQueen.

PSN: Angels13Wings
Angels13Wings
Claim Jumper

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Postby McQueen » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:59 pm

This should work:

a13w by thecardiffgiant, on Flickr

No stretching, and just under the file size constraints.
McQueen

Postby Angels13Wings » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:02 pm

That's exactly what I wanted McQueen. Thank you so much. I love the Helghast too (they're the antagonists of Kill Zone 3) so it definitiely fits me. Thank you again.

PSN: Angels13Wings
Angels13Wings
Claim Jumper

Postby McQueen » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:31 am

I didn't realize how similar the angle was to the image used for the Killzone banner, but I'm glad you're happy with it.
McQueen

Postby BobaFett86 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:31 pm

Hey McQueen I love your work! You do an awesome job! I make my own banners as well but I use free photo editors with limited options so I was wondering if you could hook a brother up with something fresh. Basically I want what I have below but with different Fonts.

CharacterPreferably placed on the left side of the banner.
http://insidepulse.com/wp-content/gallery/conduit-2-le-111010/5323c2le_wiifob_hires_rgb.jpg

Background
Anything that is post apocaliptic that would mesh well with the character.

Font
I would like to see if you could find a font very similar to the "Conduit 2" font viewable in the box art of the game. I would like to do something like that but all in red for my name "BobaFett". Like most banners you do just put Gunslinger then under that BobaFett. If you have trouble finding a font that works then just let me know and we can work something else out.

Thanks alot, I really do appreciate it. ;)
BobaFett86
Cowboy Bebop

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (1)

PreviousNext

Return to GS Creative Corner