Login with a social network:

Games workshop war hammer

The forum is here to give our members a chance to showcase their creativity, whether they write music, do graphic arts, or write literature!

Postby ironside » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:07 am

Hey folks,

In just starting painting got my first model to do just wondering if there are any other painters on GS and if you could offer up any advice?

ironside
Outlaw

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (2)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Re: Games workshop war hammer

Postby GrouchyGran » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:54 am

Can't give any advice here but I just want to congratulate you on taking up this activity. Maybe you can make some money selling your work. Image
I used to be quite good at painting when I was in high school but gave it up to study graphic design in college. Image

View my Games
GrouchyGran
Microsoft Leader
Microsoft Leader

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Games: 12
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: XboxOne

Postby Sossy60 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:32 pm

My advice would be to not scrimp on brushes, the GW ones can be expensive so I normally get mine in an art supply. I go for the middle road ones and usually a higher price fine detail brush as the cheaper ones splay out at the tip after a week or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sossy60
Cattle Rustler

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Games workshop war hammer

Postby ironside » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:17 pm

Awesome I have finished my first model an getting some positive feedback so I going to keep practicing and upping my game now I went and got some sable brushes from an art shop so hopefully they go along nicely picking up some random bits to practice on this weekend before I start pulling an army together

ironside
Outlaw

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (2)

Return to GS Creative Corner