Login with a social network:

Rise of the Gunslingers Network [Help Out!]

The forum is here to give our members a chance to showcase their creativity, whether they write music, do graphic arts, or write literature!

Rise of the Gunslingers Network [Help Out!]

Postby McMurphy » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:43 pm

As you have probably noticed, more and more of us are uploading videos, hosting live streams, recording audio shows, and other media content tailored towards gamers around the world. I propose that we pool our efforts in a way that is both easily followable and equally beneficial for everyone's individual efforts.

Where to Subscribe:

Welcome to the Rise of the Gunslingers Network!

There are a few ways we are going about it, and everyone interested is highly encouraged to take part in the experience as it will lead to more subscriptions for your own efforts while benefiting your GS* community. Here is how we are starting things up:

Twitch.tv's HOST feature

Gunslinger members who stream live are featured on our Live Feed page. With it, you can easily see which members streaming live at the moment. Fellow streamers, let's use the HOST feature.

How to use:
  • Type "/host" and then the person's twitch channel (example: "/host gunslingergaming") in your chat to start hosting someone else's Twitch feed on your account.
  • To end hosting, type "/unhost" into your chat.

The host feature on Twitch allows you to host someone else's live feed. The person you are hosting will receive all the views and subscriptions during that period. Keep in mind that the hosting does not get reflected in the embed version of your stream. For more information, visit Twitch's FAQ about the new feature.

If we all use the host feature to promote each other when we ourselves are not streaming, it will create more exposure for everyone!

In regards to the Gunslinger Gaming's official channel, I will make sure to host other member's channels as often as possible. Should there be more than one person streaming at once, the person who promotes the Gunslingers either through audio or visual references will be given preference. Likewise, anyone who streams on a regular basis and features said Gunslinger references will be bumped to the top of the Twitch list showcased on our Live Feeds page.

So, let's start using the new Host feature liberally and hitting "subscribe" to benefit everyone!

Gunslinger Editorials

Some of you may have listened to the Gunslinger Podcast episodes. A newer bite-size version modeled after the typical Youtube commentary videos will be released. The format is about 6 to 10 minutes in length, focused on gaming news, and features two Gunslinger personalities. If you would like to accompany me in one of these videos, reply here!

You don't need to wait for me to do a recording, however. Grab your Gunslinger friend and record an editorial with him/her yourself! You can even record using our Ventrilo Voice Chat Channel if you don't have another method to record the discussion. Here is how:

• Enter whatever chatroom in our channel you wish.
  • Right-Click that room's title and select "View."
  • Select "Record / Playback."
  • Click "Record" to start recording.
  • Click "Stop" to stop recording.
  • Remember to save the file to your computer afterwards!

Once you have a audio file, feel free to send it to my Gunslinger Gaming email address (place "mcmurphy" in front of "@gunslingergaming.com"). I will publish it in video form onto our Youtube Channel afterwards.

Gunslingers Youtube Channel

If you have a Youtube Channel and you upload videos to it, get yourself more exposure by responding to THIS TOPIC. We subscribe to all members, add them to a Spotlight playlist, and add them as a Featured Channel to promote your efforts. Please don't forget to hit subscribe to the official Gunslingers Youtube Channel and the channels of your fellow Gunslingers.

If you would like to create a video and have it uploaded directly to the Gunslingers Channel, do the following steps:
  • Upload said video to your own channel.
  • Private message me written permission to upload a copy of the video to the GS Channel.

Why Should I Get Involved?

The simple answer is because a collective effort helps everyone, collectively. Subscribing and hosting your fellow Gunslinger's effort will likely result in them returning the favor.

Providing content directly to the Gunslingers will promote the community to more fellow older gamers. We don't operate for profit...we don't even attempt to recoup server/hosting expenses via banner ads or donations. Everything we do is done at our own expanse because we believe in the merit of the what we can provide. By donating content, you are helping out your group, not some entity's profit margin.

All your efforts will be promoted by me via our Twitter and Gazette.

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, DOOM, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
View my Games
McMurphy
Site Admin
Site Admin

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Games: 68
Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (4)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674
TagsGunslingers, Gunslinger Gaming, Network, twitch, youtube, editorials, reviews, media, entertainmanet, community based, member talent, adult gamers, mature gamers, clan for adults, clan for older gamers

Re: Rise of the Gunslingers Network [Help Out!]

Postby BigBangBear » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:51 pm

Just saw the post on Twitter. Haven't been on much, but this is great for those playing and streaming a lot. Silus_Wyvern comes to mind. Always see notifications he is up to more fun on the PS4.

View my Games
BigBangBear
Traveling Elixir Swindler

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Games: 5
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby oXBelladonnaXo » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:54 pm

I really like this idea and will happily host other GS members on my channel :) It benefits everyone very nicely and also benefits GS as a whole :D 100% in :)

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, Overwatch
View my Games
oXBelladonnaXo
Cowpoke

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Games: 10

Postby Scandal » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:03 pm

The link for the youtube channel would not work for me using tapatalk on my phone. For those with the same issue, go to www.youtube.com, enter Gunslinger Gaming into the search engine, and you should see the channel as either the first or second choice.
Scandal
Grave Digger

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Postby BobaFett86 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:05 pm

I am totally down for this! Ever since I have owned a PS4 and gotten involved with twitch I have found like minded gamers to recruit and refer to this site, and so have other members like Dundeal and Silus because we are continuously advertising for GS. Why? Because we like gathering like minded individuals to play with.

I would be glad to host anyones stream or let anyone host my stream as well to help each other out. I wouldn't mind doing some news bits with you Murph but we would have to schedule our times for anything 9pm pst or later so I can do it when the family is asleep, otherwise I am busy during the day. As far as youtube goes I haven't really linked my content to GS but will start doing so to get our name out there. Anything to help. Of course, it is easy to promote this community because I am a PROUD member! :D
BobaFett86
Cowboy Bebop

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Stauchabilly » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:47 pm

Ive had a link to the gunslingers in my twitch info for some time now
Twitch.tv/Stauchabilly

View my Games
Stauchabilly
Stable Hand

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Games: 1

Postby Silus-Wyvern » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:52 pm

This is definitely beneficial for all. Especially since many of us still have very small audiences for our streams YT etc. I agree with wookiee on all points made. For anyone interested in stream hosting with me I did make a related topic earlier http://www.gunslingergaming.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=19367, so we can use that to get this thread from getting overly bloated with stream hosting only.
Murphy any chance we can get a GS* banner made specific for those twitch panels? I only have text on my page for a GS link back from my twitch page.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Twitter: @silus_wyvern

View my Games
Silus-Wyvern
Featured Broadcaster
Featured Broadcaster

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Games: 10
Discord: 2609

Postby Lamporello » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:00 am

I will host any GS member channel whenever i can. Great idea!
PSN: Lamporello
Social Club: Lamporello
Steam: Lamporello
Origin: Lamporello
Uplay: Lamporello
NNID: Lamporello

I'm currently playing Division
View my Games
Lamporello
Sony Leader
Sony Leader

Games: 13
Main Platform: PS4
Discord: 5955

Postby MikeyFromSantee » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:52 pm

I am loving this idea, and I have been slowly redesigning my Youtube, Twitch and Hitbox pages to really cross-promote each other and Gunslinger Gaming for the last 2 weeks. I am now posting a lot of Mario Kart 8 Shellslinger content, so I have given members' accounts that host Mario Kart content the priority, but I will be slowly be advertising other members that are really active that may not even be playing the games I play soon as well. I have even set up the Gunslinger Gaming Showcase Youtube playlist as front-screen material on my Youtube, so when that playlist gets updated by Murph (for example, to put one of my videos in that playlist *hint hint*), it will also be updated on my Youtube without any additional effort on my part (the best part of his playlist) ;)

If you guys would like to check out what I've done so far and perhaps give me some feedback on the design (both positive and constructive criticism), please do!

http://www.youtube.com/mikefromsantee
http://www.twitch.tv/mikeyfromsantee
http://www.hitbox.tv/mikeyfromsantee

Mike Ellis, a.k.a. MikeyFromSantee
San Diego, CA, USA
Pokémon Professor
Tournament Organizer | VG Judge | TCG Judge

I'm currently playing Pokemon Alpha, Pokemon Omega
View my Games
MikeyFromSantee
Featured Broadcaster
Featured Broadcaster

Games: 20
Blog: View Blog (3)
Discord: 8546

Postby torro947 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:44 am

How do I go about adding my stream to the "Live Feeds" page?

View my Games
torro947
Stable Hand

Games: 11
Main Platform: PS4
Discord: 3915

Next

Return to GS Creative Corner