The "I Just Watched THIS on Netflix" Thread

Discuss movies and television series here.

Re: The "I Just Watched THIS on Netflix" Thread

Postby dunkaroo69 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:54 pm

Being Elmo, A Puppeteer's Journey... Anyone who likes puppets or muppets will doubtless love this show. This guy has a truly awesome talent!!!

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, The Division, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 40
Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (1)
Main Platform: XboxOne

Postby Merky Water » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:20 pm

Yes! Being Elmo is a great documentary! Did not think I'd be all that interested when it started but interesting stuff!

Another I put on, initially as background noise as Lizzie and I ate was "Making a Murderer." Wow. Had my head spinning starting as a skeptic and going back and forth from there. Some serious evil at work here and up to the viewer to decipher where that evil lives. Without question, some serious stupidity on both law enforcement and the accused. Had me ripping at my hair with every wrong turn these two sides made. While I had really no interest to start, I was left stunned that this wasn't a work of fiction or a bad SVU episode... but, unlike turning the SVU far fetched tale off, I felt compelled to watch non-fiction unfold. Who has the rights as there is certainly a screenplay in this mess? The only answer I fully obtained is one place on the planet I will surely never voluntarily move nor visit whatever the truth might be.

Trying not to give spoilers. But if anyone wants to chat about this after watching, I would love it! So much still rattling in my brain.

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, ARMS, DOOM, FAST rmx, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Rocket League, Splatoon 2, Need for Speed: Most Wanted
View my Games
Merky Water
Nintendo Leader and Yoshi Champion

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 39
Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (5)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 6083

Postby dunkaroo69 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:21 pm

Watching it tonight or tomorrow, Merky. Have it on my list :D

Also just finished the full season of the new cartoon "F is for Family" Friggin hilarious. Looking forward to a new season :D

View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Misfit-N7 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:25 pm

I was curious about "Making a Murderer."
Misfit-N7
Snake Oil Salesman

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: PS4

Postby Misfit-N7 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:24 am

Just watched "Making a Murder." Cases like this are why some people don't trust law enforcement. Still trying to wrap my head around what I just watched.
Misfit-N7
Snake Oil Salesman

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Postby Merky Water » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:11 pm

I won't say something like this should make people distrust all law enforcement. But, how a department deals with blatant issues defines them to me. People are fallible, even law enforcement. But, instead of worrying about fallout, the best damage control is to own up to it. Wouldn't even need to call for resignations. If the officer(s) can accept responsibility, there's hope for them to learn from the experience and not repeat it. If you don't own up to your mistakes, it's doubtful you learned from them and, often, just learn how to better cover your tracks next time you screw up. I think this applies to all people of all employment. So long as people are owning up to their mistakes and not repeating them, the system they work for/in will continue to improve.

If the person can't take responsibility, those who employ them must. If the employers disregard, then the problem becomes systemic and, likely, rampant.
*potential spoilers*
I'd find it very hard to ever again trust those who disregarded their subordinates mistakes let alone those who even stood firm that they were not mistakes even after clear DNA evidence to the contrary. By this, I would avoid living in or visiting this county, surrounding area, and any area where these people may have been promoted to by now.

I'm still not sure what happened in the later crime... but I am sure the investigation could have been handled much better and more thorough if more people could have learned from the mistakes of the first investigation.

If I'm on the jury of the murder trial, what I want to know is why the accused allegedly focused solely on disposal of the body which he had no known experience and why he failed miserably to dispose of the vehicle of which his livelihood would fully facilitate. So much more gave me reasonable doubt... but this is one of the areas I really wish the prosecution had addressed. And I was under the impression that deleted voicemails/messages could be obtained by law enforcement. While I get that a lower budget department(s) can't follow all avenues, this sounds like an easy one. If you're worried about your department being accused of having blinders on, perhaps a good way to safeguard is not to wear them so soon after the accusation!(if ever again)

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, ARMS, DOOM, FAST rmx, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Rocket League, Splatoon 2, Need for Speed: Most Wanted
View my Games
Merky Water

Games: 39
Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (5)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 6083

Postby Misfit-N7 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:33 pm

Not all law enforcement, but I would definitely never go to Manitowoc Co Wisconsin!
Misfit-N7
Snake Oil Salesman

Postby King Deschain » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:15 am

My wife and I just began watching Jessica Jones. Good show. Not sure about the acting....but ratings are good so we're chugging along...4 episodes down.
King Deschain
Stable Hand

1 year of membership

Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby Misfit-N7 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:35 am

JJ is good. I think a lot of people were expecting Daredevil, and Jones is a different kind of superhero.
Misfit-N7
Snake Oil Salesman

Postby dunkaroo69 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:00 am

Okay, half way through the Making a Murderer series. I keep watching the credits hoping to find a screenwriter. I mean seriously, this honestly couldn't have happened, right? How can there be this much corruption in law enforcement???

View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Film/Television