The "I Just Watched THIS on Netflix" Thread

Discuss movies and television series here.

The "I Just Watched THIS on Netflix" Thread

Postby McMurphy » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:31 pm

Wii owners. PS3 owners. Xbox360 owners. More and more of them have one thing in common. They watch Netflix on their respective consoles. As you watch television series or movies on your account, let us know about them, good or bad!

I will start things off by pointing out that Toezer and I watched the 2010 film, The Fighter on Netflix last night. I don't know if I liked it as much as many of the critics, but it is certainly worth a watch.

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, DOOM, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2
View my Games
McMurphy
Site Admin
Site Admin

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Games: 66
Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (4)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674

Re: The "I Just Watched THIS on Netflix" Thread

Postby Angels13Wings » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:42 am

The Fighter was a pretty damn good movie Murph, bout time you saw it :P.

Just watched "IP Man" again for the 20th time. If you haven't seen it do yourself a favor and check it out :D.

PSN: Angels13Wings
Angels13Wings
Claim Jumper

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby Slammer74 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:45 am

Wish I could Murph, but apparently they dont do these in Aust unless someone knows Im missing something?

Gunslingers.... we're too old for your sh*t!!

PSN - Slammer74
Slammer74
Cowboy Bebop

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Postby Korchie » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:10 pm

Slammer74 wrote:Wish I could Murph, but apparently they dont do these in Aust unless someone knows Im missing something?

Netflix is only available in the US and recently Canada :? .. there's a similar thing in the UK, but I can't think of the name of it.
:somerandr: Image

I'm currently playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
View my Games
Korchie
Bounty Hunter

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Games: 2
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 9370

Postby McQueen » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:42 pm

My wife and I have just recently watched the entire run of Twin Peaks and in the last few days have started watching the BBC's new Sherlock Holmes reboot.

Twin Peaks was great, bad, then almost great again, though the movie, Fire Walk With Me, was an indulgent, art school mess that spoiled the charm of the series.

Sherlock is pretty cool so far, with lots of knowing nods to the original stories. I'm not sure how I feel about the portrayal of Mycroft, but the corpulence of the original was hinted at in a joke between the brothers. I especially like that both Holmes and Watson are bad-asses who know how to take care of themselves. That wasn't Guy Ritchie's innovation.
Retired from gaming 2 March 2012.
McQueen
2012 GoldenEye Champion, GoldenEye Super Agent & 2011 TX Hold Em Champion
2012 GoldenEye Champion, GoldenEye Super Agent & 2011 TX Hold Em Champion

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Postby Syluncer » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:04 am

I just watched the 14 episodes of Firefly. I hadn't seen it before, but had heard a lot of my friends liked it and complain when it was cancelled. I thought it was pretty good. i wish it wasn't cancelled so i can continue and learn more about the characters.

I'm going to watch the Serenity movie today i think. Maybe that will answer some questions.
"SUCK A FAT BISCUIT!!!" - Syluncer
Syluncer
Trail Guide

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Highscores: 1

Postby mikelaird1 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:10 am

Serenity is like the movie of firefly it was okay but not the greatest.I just watched the THE THING been a long time since I watched it very good movie but dont get me started I am like one of the largest movie fans there is and I could go on for days.
mikelaird1
Cowboy Bebop

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Battle Hamster » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:19 am

Angels13Wings wrote:The Fighter was a pretty damn good movie Murph, bout time you saw it :P.

Just watched "IP Man" again for the 20th time. If you haven't seen it do yourself a favor and check it out :D.

I watched Ip Man and just now finished watching Ip Man 2. Even though I really enjoyed both movies, I feel the first one is much better. The second one reminded me of Rocky 3. After the last fight, I would not have been surprised in the least if he yelled "Adriannnn!"

At any rate, both movies are highly recommended.
PSN = Battle_Hamster

View my Games
Battle Hamster
Bane of Crota
Bane of Crota

Games: 4
Main Platform: PS4

Postby Angels13Wings » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:29 am

Mr Hamster I'm glad you took my advice. To be honest though I never saw the second one, ill have to check it out one day.

PSN: Angels13Wings
Angels13Wings
Claim Jumper

Postby Mxyzptlk » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:27 pm

Heroes (1977) Henry Winkler,Sally Field, Harrison Ford. I haven't seen it since it played at the theater. All I remembered about this movie was that I was really touched by the ending and that a Kansas song played during the final credits (not the same one I remembered though). I was only six at the time. I actually teared up a little bit watching it this time around.
Mxyzptlk
Dry Goods Merchant

Next

Return to Film/Television