Need help with marvel movies

Discuss movies and television series here.

Need help with marvel movies

Postby HARD_TARG3T_83 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:27 pm

Hi everyone I am just looking for help as i am more of a DC guy but are looking at trying the Marvel cinematic universe and looking for the best order to watch the movies in from what I have seen although its not the first released Captain America: The First Avenger seems to be the best place to start if i am wrong please let me know any advice on order is much appreciated thanks

I'm currently playing Last of Us, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super BomberMan R
View my Games
HARD_TARG3T_83
Cowboy

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Games: 12
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: PS4
Discord: 9602

Re: Need help with marvel movies

Postby GrouchyGran » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:54 am

Here's a page I found on Quora.com of someone asking the same question followed by the answers. Hope you'll find it useful.
https://www.quora.com/In-which-order-sh ... eline-well

View my Games
GrouchyGran
Microsoft Leader
Microsoft Leader

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Games: 11
Main Platform: XboxOne

Postby HARD_TARG3T_83 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:43 am

Thanks GrouchyGran think i am just going to go for release order

View my Games
HARD_TARG3T_83
Cowboy

Postby dunkaroo69 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:09 pm

Personally, I watch movies for the enjoyment they bring, not because they all interconnect or anything like that. And to be honest, the Marvel movies don't connect all that well. Not even the sequels. But that's the same for the DC movies too. Suicide Squad completely messed up the timeline of things.

If you want to just watch some good movies rather than any particular order, I think the Tobey Maguire Spidermans are top notch, along with the first Xmen (before Wolverine became the biggest franchise in the history of comic movies). Guardians of the Galaxy is also a great movie IMO. My wife loved it and has no real knowledge of Marvel (or comics in general).

Off topic a little, but the be all end all comic movie is still The Crow :D Best comic adaptation ever. And Brandon Lee's performance was mesmerizing! Check it out if you haven't seen it. Soundtrack alone is worth it ;)

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, The Division, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 40
Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (1)
Main Platform: XboxOne

Postby HARD_TARG3T_83 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:59 am

dunkaroo69 wrote:Personally, I watch movies for the enjoyment they bring, not because they all interconnect or anything like that. And to be honest, the Marvel movies don't connect all that well. Not even the sequels. But that's the same for the DC movies too. Suicide Squad completely messed up the timeline of things.

If you want to just watch some good movies rather than any particular order, I think the Tobey Maguire Spidermans are top notch, along with the first Xmen (before Wolverine became the biggest franchise in the history of comic movies). Guardians of the Galaxy is also a great movie IMO. My wife loved it and has no real knowledge of Marvel (or comics in general).

Off topic a little, but the be all end all comic movie is still The Crow :D Best comic adaptation ever. And Brandon Lee's performance was mesmerizing! Check it out if you haven't seen it. Soundtrack alone is worth it ;)

Yes I have seen the crow all be it a fair while ago the first gardions and deadpool are the only real Marvel movies i had seen I just watched iron man so I have made a start on the marvel side of things on a side note on the DC side of things I saw Wonder Woman last weekend that was a very good movie would recommend it

View my Games
HARD_TARG3T_83
Cowboy

Postby turk mcgurk » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:03 pm

Yeah its all good, if anything I would say make sure to watch all the captian americas & avengers by release order, thats the 2 that interconnect the most.

X-men and deadpool do not interact with any avengers stuff. Heck X Men doesn't even interact with itself!!! And the Toby McG Spiderman is standalone separate from the "Amazing" Spider man and totally and completley different than the NEW spiderman lol.

I love most of em. Deadpool & Guardians 1 & 2 are awesome. Logan was A-MA-ZING as were the last 2 X Men. Yeah I love the old ones too. Iron Man you could knock out all 3 in a row and I doubt you'd miss much. 1st Thor was great too, but the 2nd one and Dr. Strange were just ok for me. My wife loved Dr. Strange tho.

I love the overall MCU, DC so far.... I like most of the movies on their own Esp Nolan/Bale Batman. Pffft Ben Afflack. But as a universe, its not quite the same.

Love love love lol because I also love the netflix marvel series which are in the same universe. Daredevil is excellent and Berenthal is so good as Punisher. Jessica Jones very good too. Luke Cage was meh, havent watched Iron Fist yet (bad reviews) but they all come together as the defenders this summer!

Im kinda pumped for the Dark Universe rebooting the old horror movies, but The Mummy looks kinda weak.
Ben in real life, turk mcgurk on XBOX1

I'm currently playing Gears of War 4
View my Games
turk mcgurk
Microsoft Leader
Microsoft Leader

Games: 5
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Return to Film/Television