Login with a social network:

Star Wars Rogue One: potential SPOILERS

Discuss movies and television series here.

Star Wars Rogue One: potential SPOILERS

Postby dunkaroo69 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:39 pm

Wow, can't believe there isn't a post for this yet. Anyone else seen it? I just got back from watching it, and I gotta say, I loved it! I had my worries (still do) that releasing a spin off and having a star wars movie every year might hurt the franchise that I so adamantly love, but if they're all as good as this one, I don't think I have much to worry about.

I found this one a tad bit more mature than the others. A little more gritty, a little more darker, a little more violent. But it works. It works really well. The battle at the end was just awesome. Kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time, even though I know how it all ends (well, not everything; the very last moment at the end of the film was a complete surprise; kudos to Lucasfilm for keeping it a secret!).

Good to see so many cool cameos. The Vadar cameo was just enough. Not overdone or anything. And Grand Moff Tarkin was really well done, considering Peter Cushing has been dead for a while now ;) Even Jimmy Smits looked friggin fantastic. Doesn't look like he aged a day since Episode III

All in all, great film. Was it better than Empire or even Force Awakens? Maybe not better, but definitely as good. What did everyone else think of it?

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, The Division, Battlefield 1, Call of Duty WWII, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 45
Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (1)
Main Platform: XboxOne

Re: Star Wars Rogue One: potential SPOILERS

Postby Gongshow » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:35 pm

I have to suffer threw the week before I see it next Friday. Can't wait tho. I heard it definanly has a more mature story line and alot of action seem like a win win. Can't wait to see it. Trying out the 4D experience for it too moving seats and all

View my Games
Gongshow
Green Horn

1 year of membership

Games: 7
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby bdnyy23 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:48 am

Going this Friday as well - hope it is not too mature for my kids - do you think it is too much for a 4 year old? Never really gave it a thought with Star Wars movies, but maybe I should. I know the other 3 will be fine, looking forward to it, have to order my tickets for the Movie Tavern before they sell out.

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, Destiny 2
View my Games
bdnyy23
Sony Leader
Sony Leader

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Games: 14

Postby dunkaroo69 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:43 am

Should be fine. It's typical Star Wars action, just alot more intense. There are some scenes where Storm Troopers get headshotted, but not like there's blood or brains flying out. If you're fine with letting them watch the Force Awakens and didn't mind the bloody hand print on Finn's helmet, then this shouldn't be a problem. Of course, all this comes from someone who doesn't sensor what his children watch, so take it with a grain of salt if you like ;)

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, The Division, Battlefield 1, Call of Duty WWII, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 45
Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (1)
Main Platform: XboxOne

Postby bdnyy23 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:51 am

Thanks Dunk, that was what I assumed, but when you mentioned it was a bit more intense I had to question it.

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, Destiny 2
View my Games
bdnyy23
Sony Leader
Sony Leader

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Games: 14

Postby coolhandlewke » Tue May 30, 2017 1:13 pm

well i finally got a chance to watch this over the weekend, as its now available on netflix disk. i REALLY liked it. hard to compare it to the original 3 films, as they hold a special place in a lot of our memories. taking that out of the equation it may be the best made, and best written, of all of the series. definitely the best of the later 6. and the dialogue written for the companion droid was awesome.
coolhandlewke
Snake Oil Salesman

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Return to Film/Television